Naija2Canada

Jun 3, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hello @legalfalcon

Please I’d appreciate your guidance regarding a pending concern (AOR Jan 6). I have inquired on two different occasions about the status of my application via webforms; same response (Eligibility, Security, Criminality, Background, Medical = All Valid).

I’ve spoken with IRCC agents about twice, who also confirm that all stages are passed and pending final decision since May 14. However, my GCMS notes just received shows Officer Text under Notes 1: “Application pending inadmissibilty to Canada as per info found in Info Sharing”

I was denied study visa to the US for misrepresentation some years ago which I disclosed in my PR application also. Please, is there anything I can proactively do from my end to help address this concern? Like provide an upfront LOE about how that happened? Please, kindly help advise me on my available options (immediate or subsequently) that could aid my current application. Thanks a lot.

Would appreciate other generous tips on this forum too where available Thank you

Reactions: appliedtocan

JayTheGreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon

Please I’d appreciate your guidance regarding a pending concern (AOR Jan 6). I have inquired on two different occasions about the status of my application via webforms; same response (Eligibility, Security, Criminality, Background, Medical = All Valid).

I’ve spoken with IRCC agents about twice, who also confirm that all stages are passed and pending final decision since May 14. However, my GCMS notes just received shows Officer Text under Notes 1: “Application pending inadmissibilty to Canada as per info found in Info Sharing”

I was denied study visa to the US for misrepresentation some years ago which I disclosed in my PR application also. Please, is there anything I can proactively do from my end to help address this concern? Like provide an upfront LOE about how that happened? Please, kindly help advise me on my available options (immediate or subsequently) that could aid my current application. Thanks a lot.

Would appreciate other generous tips on this forum too where available Thank you
What did you misrepresent before why you have been denied study visa?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

There is nothing that you need to do. Based on the information received from US authorities, IRCC will make a determination if you are criminal inadmissible or inadmissible on any other ground.

A US visa rejection by itself is not a ground for concerns and neither is misrepresentation in a US visa application. However, if you were banned from applying to the US, and under which provision of of the The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) were you banned, will matter and if it has any corresponding penal provision,

See https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-j-chapter-2

Since you have disclosed this in your application, you need not be concerned and this should not be of any consequence to you.

Reactions: Naija2Canada

vishalbrij

Feb 4, 2020
INDIA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2020
Med's Done....
11-02-2020
Today I received email with title 'Ready for Visa" where IRCC is asking me to send original passports and passport photos.

AOR : Jan 18th
FSW Outland (currently in USA), also PNP nomination for Ontario.
Medical expires : Feb 4th
I am sure people who are waiting will get it soon too.
My AOR is Jan 17th 2020 and medical expires : Feb 11th 2021. So don't wary. They are not send it early visa...

Naija2Canada

Jun 3, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
There is nothing that you need to do. Based on the information received from US authorities, IRCC will make a determination if you are criminal inadmissible or inadmissible on any other ground.

A US visa rejection by itself is not a ground for concerns and neither is misrepresentation in a US visa application. However, if you were banned from applying to the US, and under which provision of of the The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) were you banned, will matter and if it has any corresponding penal provision,

See https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-j-chapter-2

Since you have disclosed this in your application, you need not be concerned and this should not be of any consequence to you.
@legalfalcon Thank you so much for your valuable opinion given so gratuitously. I am truly grateful, this helps a lot.

Reactions: legalfalcon

anonimus

Jul 8, 2020
Following this thread has been extremely helpful. I'm reaching out to hopefully get an answer from experienced members here on the fact that I received a RFV email requesting for passport submission. I have however since moved to the US (I had informed IRCC of this change in address/contact info), but I'm being asked to submit my passport in the location that I had already left. It would now be a lot easier for me to submit my passport to the a local US VAC, but I am yet to receive a response from IRCC / local Canadian embassy that sent me the RFV email. I was wondering if anyone knows whether it is completely okay to just submit my passport locally here in the US prior to hearing back from IRCC, the reason being that I have 30 days to submit my passport, and about 10 days have already lapsed without any response from IRCC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Snagh

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Following this thread has been extremely helpful. I'm reaching out to hopefully get an answer from experienced members here on the fact that I received a RFV email requesting for passport submission. I have however since moved to the US (I had informed IRCC of this change in address/contact info), but I'm being asked to submit my passport in the location that I had already left. It would now be a lot easier for me to submit my passport to the a local US VAC, but I am yet to receive a response from IRCC / local Canadian embassy that sent me the RFV email. I was wondering if anyone knows whether it is completely okay to just submit my passport locally here in the US prior to hearing back from IRCC, the reason being that I have 30 days to submit my passport, and about 10 days have already lapsed without any response from IRCC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
That would be a risky move since passport could be misplaced or get delayed in being returned back to you. You'd have to wait to hear back from IRCC to be sure. As far as I know, people in the US have been sending their passports to Ottawa for further processing and not to a VAC centre.

GW007

May 22, 2020
Does the PPR mail you got specify the exact Visa office to submit your passport?.. if you have already sent change of address and acknowledged by IRCC, I believe you can submit at nearest VAC in USA with all relevant documents...