+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

Jabbar

Jan 31, 2017
Hi everyone,

I submitted my ADR in January this year but haven't heard anything after that.

I asked a few immigration consultants and the ones here said that due to COVID the processing is slower but its 9 month already.
Please suggest what should i do?

1- Call them and ask (i dont know where should i call, if anyone can help with that?)
2- Email them?
3- Get GCMS notes?

Or simply just wait?

mustang123

Sep 15, 2019
Hi everyone,

I asked a few immigration consultants and the ones here said that due to COVID the processing is slower but its 9 month already.

1- Call them and ask (i dont know where should i call, if anyone can help with that?)
2- Email them?
3- Get GCMS notes?

Or simply just wait?
I am in the same boat so finally requested GCMS notes last week. I think even GCMS notes will take a month :(.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Hi everyone,

2- Email them?
3- Get GCMS notes?

Or simply just wait?
1) You can raise webform
2) You can apply for GCMS notes - but it does take about a month.
3) You can call IRCC on 1–888–242–2100 using TextNow app

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

rav!so

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
@rav!so Based on this info, Eligibility is passed and the next step is Security screening. If it's blank (redacted) in the Assessment section on page 2 of the file then your security is also underway.
Thanks for the prompt @legalfalcon. By the way do you have any clue on how to say when your security screening has started by looking into GCMS.

Thanks,
Rav.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the prompt @legalfalcon. By the way do you have any clue on how to say when your security screening has started by looking into GCMS.

Thanks,
Rav.
You will see activities in your GCMS notes and there will be activities for security. They look like this:

If you have 2 or more than 2 such entries, then your security would be passed.

However, to know the exact date, you will need to get your CBSA notes. But for most applicants, the security is passed within 4-8 weeks. To read on security and the security screening manual, see https://bit.ly/3kwlUsF

Reactions: Twee

maxl777

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
All applications start at CIO then go to one of the many CPCs and then to the LVO.

If your secondary VO is CPR Ottawa then your application is being processed there.

The difference is that different offices have different roles.

Finding the visa office was very relevant pre- express entry. Even after the introduction of express entry in 2015, the same practice was followed which usually was for the paper based application, but that is no longer the case. Earlier all application followed the following trajectory:

Central Intake Office - Case Processing Centre - Local Visa Office

However, this has radically changed and for all express entry, all application follow the following:

1. Central Intake Office - The R10 (completeness check) is done at the Central Intake Office for all classes (FSW / PNP / CEC). Now even the criminality and medicals are done at CIO.

2. Case Processing Centre - These are 4 CPCs in Canada

CPC in Edmonton
CPC in Mississauga
CPC and CIO in Sydney
CPC in Ottawa
OSC in Ottawa
The Operations Support Centre (OSC) processes the following applications:

International Experience Canada work permits
In-Canada temporary resident applications submitted online
Verification of Status (VOS)
Replacement of valid temporary resident documents
Amendment of immigration documents and of valid temporary resident documents

Local Visa Office - This is the office where you will be asked to submit your passport after your application has been approved. Usually the consulate in your home country.

These days all application after starting at CIO (where R10 is met), either start the processing of eligibility at CIO itself, or move to CPC (wither Ottawa, Sydney, or Vegreville), or are straight sent to the LVO. The trend has been to complete most of the processing between CIO and CPC. Since the applications are electronically stored, there is no movement of physical files.

SUGGESTION - There is no point sending emails to ask which VO your application is at, as that process is moot since the eligibility can even start at CIO. So save yourself some time and efforts and also save the human resources of IRCC and stop sending emails. Even if you know which VO your application is at, it means nothing. Most applications which are processed within weeks and get PPR, are processed at CIO, and this is a much faster way.

A few applications will see eligibility passed, and then go to not started when the application is sent to the LVO. This is because the final review is done at the LVO, and the local agent may decide to conduct additional review, or identification before the eligibility is finally set to PASSED.
Hi @ legalfalcon

My VO is Montreal and I'm currently in US, per my GCMS notes everything passed just waiting for final decision since late August, but I will be moving back to my home country next month, would that change my VO when I get my passport request? Many thanks

SylviaAltor

Oct 30, 2019
I know everybody must get their medical test done in or before January 2020 in this post. In my understanding, previously FSW landing date was restricted by medical valid date. Considering we are stuck here by global pandemic and travel ban, was there any new policy about landing date and medical result for us?
The instruction on official website was only for people who received COPR before March 18th, 2020 right? Before any FSW candidate receive any COPR after March 18th, should we do anything such as updating a new medical test?

abhibedford

Jul 31, 2020
Dear @legalfalcon ,
My AOR is 28/01/2020, FSW-O (India).
Applied for GCMS notes on the 20/09/2020 and received them on 21/10/2020.
Here are the main fields.. What are your thoughts? My only (minor) point of concern is that despite the Notes_1 saying Ready for approval, the Final field is still blank.. Is this normal?
Page 2
Updated Date :22-05-2020 17:07
Primary Office:CPC-Ottawa
App Status:Open
App Status Reason:In Progress
Eligibility:Passed
Security:*blank*
HIRV:*blank*
Criminality:Passed
Org Crime:*blank*
Medical:Passed
Misrepresentation:*blank*
Info Sharing:Complete
Other Reqs:*blank*
Final:*blank*
Notes : 1
Text:*OFFICER REVIEW* File reviewed. Eligibility passed. Ready for approval.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rakshiruby

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
I know everybody must get their medical test done in or before January 2020 in this post. In my understanding, previously FSW landing date was restricted by medical valid date. Considering we are stuck here by global pandemic and travel ban, was there any new policy about landing date and medical result for us?
The instruction on official website was only for people who received COPR before March 18th, 2020 right? Before any FSW candidate receive any COPR after March 18th, should we do anything such as updating a new medical test?
IRCC will ask you to do remedical or extend your medical automatically based on your medical expiry date.