+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

GW007

May 22, 2020
Hi Everyone,

My AOR is Jan 22 and I am FSW-O, an Indian national residing in the USA. On October 2, 2020, I received a letter requesting a passport to be sent to CPC Ottawa for COPR. I am expecting my passport back this week. I have a question related to travel and visitor visa. Though I am married, for CRS score I applied as family not accompanying. Currently, due to travel restrictions and all other stuff, we are still in the USA and I was wondering whether I can apply for a temporary visitor visa for my family or not? What is the best possible way to move together?
Any suggestions are highly appreciated.
@hharry1606,
I would advise you move to Canada alone first and have your PR confirmed, then subsequently apply for Temporarily Resident Visa for your family....Once you become a PR, your family qualify under the exemption from travel restriction..

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon and others,

I'm a Jan AOR applicant but I have query on behalf of my friend.

Though its not related to this thread, need your help.

My friend's work permit was issued for : 13th July 2019 to 12th July 2020.

And her work visa (W-1) was issued for : 6th June 2019 to July 1 2020.

She stayed in Canada from 13th July 2019 to 12th July 2020 and was paid for the entire duration(Visa expired on July 1st).

Will her work hours be considered post work visa expiry(July 2nd to July 12)? she didn't apply for renewal.

Thanks in advance..
As long as you have a valid permit, the work done will be counted. You cannot work beyond the permit expiry.

Reactions: Maverick1368

mlcanada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Hi All - A week ago , I updated passport information of "renewed" passports of my family through web form. I expect IRCC portal to show file names of these new scanned documents under "View Submitted Documents or Upload Documents" link. Currently it shows file name of our old scanned passports.
Is this a correct expectation ?

DilshadCAN

Apr 23, 2019
Hi,

I am a FSW outland applicant from INDIA. My AOR was Jan, 2020. I received GCMS notes in August which states I have passed all stages, pending security and my application has been moved to COVID-Pace group. I'm assuming that's because all VFS were closed and they can not process the application further.
However, there is an update from Canada Embassy in India that VAC will remain closed but they will start accepting passport submissions via courier service. Does this means there is a hope that applications in COVID PACE group will likely start moving as well???
Thanks

Aarti2301

Aug 30, 2019
@MoMazz
Hey, so my husband had made the call from Canada itself and had just added me on the call as in a conference call and he muted himself. So the call was made within Canada, but I was directly talking to the agent from here. The agent never asked where I was calling from so saved there

Renalpe

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Philippines
Hi guys,

Just an update, we got our "Ready for Visa". Thank you Lord. No update in IRCC account, only in our email. My wife is the primary applicant.
AOR Jan 31, 2020
PNP Outland - Philippines
Province: Nova Scotia
NOC 3012
PPR Oct. 19, 2020

Keep the patience guys. We will all get there. :) Thank you all for the support and guidance.

MoMazz

Aug 14, 2020
@MoMazz
Hey, so my husband had made the call from Canada itself and had just added me on the call as in a conference call and he muted himself. So the call was made within Canada, but I was directly talking to the agent from here. The agent never asked where I was calling from so saved there
Hi Aarti,

Thanks, can you please share the number, will give it a try from India, lets see if I can get through.

Regards.