+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

mahinangia

Sep 10, 2020
Hi guys this is for a friend.

My friend recently has got her ITA but she is process of getting divorced but due to covid yet to recieve her final decree and guardianship for her child.

In such circumstances what documents can she upload?

Anyone who has known someone with a similar case?
She may have documents about filling petition for the divorce and guardianship. Whats her country of residence?

PSpharwaha

May 12, 2019
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19 January 2020
AOR Received.
20 January 2020
File Transfer...
May 2020
Med's Done....
4 February 2020
Not all application have to go through CBSA or CSIS. For some applications, the security is passed by IRCC itself based on a wide range of criteria. "The security screening manual states, "IRCC officer's review applications to ensure that the applications are complete to make admissibility and eligibility decisions. When warranted officer's refer applications in accordance with instructions provided in the security screening manual to CBSA and other screening partners. Taking into consideration all available information, the officer's decide whether or not to issue TRV to PR visas."

If your security can be done based on the available information, and you do not fall under "mandatory screening," especially if your are an inland applicant, it is likely you your security will be passed right along with final review without your application having to go through the formal CBSA / CSIS process. Also when you may have applied for a TRV to come to Canada that info may also be available in the system.

If you fall in the above category, then your VO, the VO priority will be factors that determine how early your application will be processed and a decision willl be made.

Also, you should send a webform and inform IRCC that you are in Canada and also inform your address, even though it is available on file, there is no harm in doing it again. Sometimes it helps!
Does this mean that CBSA will give the final decision on my PR file or they will only check security related factors and give decisions on security. Neither I have any criminal record nor I have ever given any false information to CIC regarding anything.

karanvk

Dec 4, 2019
She may have documents about filling petition for the divorce and guardianship. Whats her country of residence?
1) She is Indian
2) and yes she has the papers and file number but still hearing and final decree is pending. They have mutually settled for a divorce and she has given visiting rights but guardianship will given to her as mutual concent.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Does this mean that CBSA will give the final decision on my PR file or they will only check security related factors and give decisions on security. Neither I have any criminal record nor I have ever given any false information to CIC regarding anything.
CSIS and CBSA provide security advice to IRCC to make sure applicants are not a threat to national security. They do not make decisions on applications. IRCC will make a decision on your application.

Reactions: PSpharwaha

Aarti2301

Aug 30, 2019
Hello all,
I have a concern on which I would like to have your opinion @legalfalcon
My AOR is Jan 27, 2020. I had got nomination from Ontario and I am an outland applicant from India. On the basis of the last webform I had raised and the call I had made to IRCC, they informed me that all my checks have been done and valid and I need to wait for the final decision. My husband is currently in Canada since May 2019 on study visa and I have not met him since. I want to know if I can apply a visit visa and if there are any chances of that coming any sooner than my PR. I left my job also in the hopes that by July 2020 I would be in Canada. Because of the pandemic I am literally stuck here with no option left. Your valuable feedback would be appreciated.

Samerbara

May 23, 2020
Hi Samerbara,
Hope you are fine. Is it written in your GCMS notes: "Ready for Visa"

What about your online application update:

Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Do you have a different writtings in your online application file?
Hi @EE_Applicant_AOR_Jan09 ,

Hope you are well and safe.

Sorry for the late reply but it is due to time zone difference.

GCMS: "Appears RFV"
and I have the same comment (you mentioned) in my online application, Final Decision Section.

I am PNP

Can I start packing :) Hope it is a good sign.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
CBSA / CSIS / RCMP or any other partner agency only provides a report. It is IRCC who makes a final determination based on the report whether the applicant is inadmissible based on the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Also, not all application go to CBSA / CSIS. It depends on a case by case basis.

Security / misrepresentation / criminality are all different things.

If you have provided all information. you need not worry. For most the security checks are routine and once done, you will see your application approved.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSpharwaha

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello all,
My AOR is Jan 27, 2020. I had got nomination from Ontario and I am an outland applicant from India. On the basis of the last webform I had raised and the call I had made to IRCC, they informed me that all my checks have been done and valid and I need to wait for the final decision. My husband is currently in Canada since May 2019 on study visa and I have not met him since. I want to know if I can apply a visit visa and if there are any chances of that coming any sooner than my PR. I left my job also in the hopes that by July 2020 I would be in Canada. Because of the pandemic I am literally stuck here with no option left. Your valuable feedback would be appreciated.
You can surely apply for a visitor's visa. Sine your spouse is in Canada on a TRV, you fall under the family reunification exemption recently announced by IRCC.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#family-reunification

The application for Visitor's visa and PR visa are separate and each is processed on its own merit.

To read how to interpret webforms see https://bit.ly/2H9RvSE

Aarti2301

Aug 30, 2019
Thank you so much @legalfalcon . It is just that the processing time for visit visa seem to have increased to 4 months now. Do you think it would be sensible if I applied for it or is it of no use? Also I have applied for the gcms notes on the 23rd of Sept. Still waiting for a response for that.

mahinangia

Sep 10, 2020
1) She is Indian
2) and yes she has the papers and file number but still hearing and final decree is pending. They have mutually settled for a divorce and she has given visiting rights but guardianship will given to her as mutual concent.
She can provide the papers she has and provide a LOE along with it that the divorce is under process. Her status would be considered as separated not divorced.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much @legalfalcon . It is just that the processing time for visit visa seem to have increased to 4 months now. Do you think it would be sensible if I applied for it or is it of no use? Also I have applied for the gcms notes on the 23rd of Sept. Still waiting for a response for that.
Applying for a visitor's visa is something that you will have to weigh and see if its worth it. Wait until your receive your GCMS notes to see the progress of your application and where you are at and based on that you can request your GCMS notes.

Reactions: Aarti2301

hharry1606

Jun 16, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
January 22, 2020
Hi Everyone,

My AOR is Jan 22 and I am FSW-O, an Indian national residing in the USA. On October 2, 2020, I received a letter requesting a passport to be sent to CPC Ottawa for COPR. I am expecting my passport back this week. I have a question related to travel and visitor visa. Though I am married, for CRS score I applied as family not accompanying. Currently, due to travel restrictions and all other stuff, we are still in the USA and I was wondering whether I can apply for a temporary visitor visa for my family or not? What is the best possible way to move together?
Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Maverick1368

Dec 9, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon and others,

I'm a Jan AOR applicant but I have query on behalf of my friend.

Though its not related to this thread, need your help.

My friend's work permit was issued for : 13th July 2019 to 12th July 2020.

And her work visa (W-1) was issued for : 6th June 2019 to July 1 2020.

She stayed in Canada from 13th July 2019 to 12th July 2020 and was paid for the entire duration(Visa expired on July 1st).

Will her work hours be considered post work visa expiry(July 2nd to July 12)? she didn't apply for renewal.

Thanks in advance..

MoMazz

Aug 14, 2020
Hello all,
Hello Aarti, request you please share the number (IRCC call center) you gave a call on from India.

Thanks and Regards.