+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

mlcanada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Anybody waiting for webform reply? I am waiting since last week.
Frankly speaking their response time was better in peak Covid months - March,April,May. I always got reply within 4 days.
Now a days even webform reply is delayed.

SwatiB

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi everyone, My AOR is 12 Jan 2020 (FSW Outland-India), Eligibility is "met" as per GCMS, but criminality and security not started till date. No movement in file after eligibility was determined as "met" by case processing agent in Feb 2020 (as per Notes 2). My medicals expired in Aug 2020, and a ghost update was received after the medical section read "you do not require..". @legalfalcon would require your help, is there anything that can be done which can push the file to next stage? I see AORs after mine which have passed criminality and security .

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi everyone, My AOR is 12 Jan 2020 (FSW Outland-India), Eligibility is "met" as per GCMS, but criminality and security not started till date. No movement in file after eligibility was determined as "met" by case processing agent in Feb 2020 (as per Notes 2). My medicals expired in Aug 2020, and a ghost update was received after the medical section read "you do not require..". @legalfalcon would require your help, is there anything that can be done which can push the file to next stage? I see AORs after mine which have passed criminality and security .
You can certainly raise webform and enquire. But there is nothing that will conclusively help push the file.

IF you received a GU, then your medicals may have been extended.

Reactions: SwatiB

ShefaliJ

Oct 7, 2020
Hi!

Long time follower of the blog, first time posting!

@legalfalcon I needed some help in deciphering the meaning of the below note. For background - I am a FSW-O applicant (12 January 2020 AOR). Of course my file has been stuck, like everyone's due to COVID. Ordered GCMS notes.

the latest work on my application was in July 2020, reviewed by an Officer and this is what the note says

https://ibb.co/dG7qR2n

As you can see --- for my first employment - it says review required. After my second employment details - it says "therefore, appears experience of PA DOES meet R. 75(2) (a-c) and 11.2 Assessment.

I am confused -- if it means ALL employment needs are met or should I submit more details for my 1st employment. Ideally should there be 2 separate entries saying employment met (as I had submitted 2 different NOCs for these jobs). In one of the previous notes by a case agent - both the employments had similar comments of "appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in declared NOC category"

My second query is in the agent review (happened in February 2020) - CRS Minimum score cut off was 471, when I had submitted my file - the score calculated by me was 481. However, the CRS Points assessed by the agent was 474 - is this a cause of concern and should I submit a clarification? I am still meeting the cut of requirements - does this still require attention?

Sorry for the worded query! hope you can help! Thanks in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi!

Long time follower of the blog, first time posting!

@legalfalcon I needed some help in deciphering the meaning of the below note. For background - I am a FSW-O applicant (12 January 2020 AOR). Of course my file has been stuck, like everyone's due to COVID. Ordered GCMS notes.

the latest work on my application was in July 2020, reviewed by an Officer and this is what the note says

https://ibb.co/dG7qR2n

As you can see --- for my first employment - it says review required. After my second employment details - it says "therefore, appears experience of PA DOES meet R. 75(2) (a-c) and 11.2 Assessment.

I am confused -- if it means ALL employment needs are met or should I submit more details for my 1st employment. Ideally should there be 2 separate entries saying employment met (as I had submitted 2 different NOCs for these jobs). In one of the previous notes by a case agent - both the employments had similar comments of "appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in declared NOC category"

My second query is in the agent review (happened in February 2020) - CRS Minimum score cut off was 471, when I had submitted my file - the score calculated by me was 481. However, the CRS Points assessed by the agent was 474 - is this a cause of concern and should I submit a clarification? I am still meeting the cut of requirements - does this still require attention?

Sorry for the worded query! hope you can help! Thanks in advance.
The note is from an officer at RROC (Rapid Response Operations Centre) and the RR is just to arise the officer who has actual uncharge of your file or the wopr reference, but no issue and no concerns as such.

Here R75(2) refers to the eligibility criteria:

Class

• 75 (1) For the purposes of subsection 12(2) of the Act, the federal skilled worker class is hereby prescribed as a class of persons who are skilled workers and who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec.
  • Marginal note:Skilled workers
    (2) A foreign national is a skilled worker if
    • (a) within the 10 years before the date on which their application for a permanent resident visa is made, they have accumulated, over a continuous period, at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, in the occupation identified by the foreign national in their application as their primary occupation, other than a restricted occupation, that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
    • (b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification;
    • (c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties;
    • (d) they have submitted the results of a language test that is approved under subsection 74(3), which results must be provided by an organization or institution that is designated under that subsection, must be less than two years old on the date on which their application for a permanent resident visa is made and must indicate that they have met or exceeded the applicable language proficiency threshold in either English or French that is fixed by the Minister under subsection 74(1) for each of the four language skill areas; and
    • (e) they have submitted one of the following:
      • (i) their Canadian educational credential, or
      • (ii) their foreign diploma, certificate or credential and the equivalency assessment, which assessment must be less than five years old on the date on which their application is made.

As regards the CRS, as long as it over the cut off, there is no need to be concerned. When the cRS is calculated by IRCC, based on the documents you submit, your cRS may go down due to you not meeting certain criteria, but as long as it is over the minimum for the round of invitation, you need not worry.

Jesusisgreat

Jul 1, 2020
Hi Everyone,

As a silent observer, this forum is very helpful and provides a lot of information with regards to whatever immigration program one applies. I would like to tell persons with pending applications to just be patient. I know it is hard but just have faith and never give up. Trust God and he will deliver you.

Today, I got approval for PR and did my landing at the same time a couple of hours ago over the phone. The agent was very polite and answer all the queries I had.

Timeline:

Jul 2019
- enter Express Entry pool (my spouse and I - (primary app) but my spouse lives overseas and I'm inland)
Dec 19, 2019 - Received ITA -CEC
Jan 29, 2020 - AOR
Feb 13, 2020 - Medical Passed
Mar 6, 2020 - Biometrics
June 19, 2020 - Random checking of my account, saw there was an update - call CIC was told by the agent that an officer did the final review on my application and everything looks good, no need to worry. The agent told me, the update I saw was an officer did the final review and updated my account on June 17. Keeping mind nothing changed when my check the profile, everything was pending if you know what I mean. only medical and bio there.
Oct 7, 2020, Got a call, call came in as "Caller No ID", I answered and the agent identified herself form IRCC - Windsor Office and told me I will be doing my landing over the phone. The just asked me a couple of questions about my travel history and confirmed my address and inform me regarding sending my pic for pr and the Information Letter will be in my online cic account. She stated the PR card might take a while to come in the mail due to them working from home still. She also confirmed that I got approved for PR on June 17 but due to my spouse living overseas and the COVID situation the reason I didn't receive it earlier.

In addition, she stated that they just got approval from the government to go ahead and give PR approval to persons with spouses overseas. She stated that she will be sending my info to my home country to let them know that the primary applicant got PR landing and they can take it from there with regards to my husband.

Therefore, outlanders' good news is coming your way very sooner than you think. Don't give up just pray and have faith in God, he will come through when you least expect.

Last edited:

Jesusisgreat

Jul 1, 2020
does background check generally start only after Eligibility has been verified and approved by an Officer?
In my opinion, it makes sense eligibilty is done first before doing a background check. Why waste time doing a background check on someone that may be ineligible. Though the profiles doesn't get updated that eligibility pass, i think it is done before background. I got approve today and my account was not change to approve, or eligibility or background pass but I got the information letter in my account telling me congratulations on becoming a pr

Snagh

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
does background check generally start only after Eligibility has been verified and approved by an Officer?
At times, criminality (part of background check) starts before eligibility and sometimes after. Security is usually the last one.

PSpharwaha

May 12, 2019
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19 January 2020
AOR Received.
20 January 2020
File Transfer...
May 2020
Med's Done....
4 February 2020
In my opinion, it makes sense eligibilty is done first before doing a background check. Why waste time doing a background check on someone that may be ineligible. Though the profiles doesn't get updated that eligibility pass, i think it is done before background. I got approve today and my account was not change to approve, or eligibility or background pass but I got the information letter in my account telling me congratulations on becoming a pr
Congratulations for your PR.
I think Ircc is currently focusing on family reunion cases whether it is PR or Work Permit applications. For outlanders we can understand that the delay might be due to travel restrictions, but there are many inland applicants waiting for approval or the ones whose applications are already approved and they are not getting COPR. Only IRCC knows what they are doing. We all can just only wait and hope for the best.

ShefaliJ

Oct 7, 2020
The note is from an officer at RROC (Rapid Response Operations Centre) and the RR is just to arise the officer who has actual uncharge of your file or the wopr reference, but no issue and no concerns as such.

Here R75(2) refers to the eligibility criteria:

As regards the CRS, as long as it over the cut off, there is no need to be concerned. When the cRS is calculated by IRCC, based on the documents you submit, your cRS may go down due to you not meeting certain criteria, but as long as it is over the minimum for the round of invitation, you need not worry.
Thank you so much for your quick response @legalfalcon! I am relieved that there's isn't much to worry about (for now). This might be a silly question - but what exactly is the Rapid Response officer? And is it normal for the file to go from Agent to Rapid Response Officer? Thanks!

Kkdpns

Dec 5, 2019
Just an update.

I called IRCC today enquiring about the status. They mentioned Eligibility, Criminality, Security and Medicals passed. They don’t know when we are going to receive PPRs but they said will be sent once they have some guidance on it. The wait continues....

AOR - Jan 06
FSW - Outland
Resident - US