17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello, @legalfalcon ,

This time I again asked only about eligibility but they only mentioned about file being at Singapore local office and to contact them for more details.
Then your best bet is to request your GCMS notes, it will provide you with the exact picture of the progress made on your application so far.

Tony@1234

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
Hello Everyone. Need some advise.
My profile is through OINP tech draw EE Outland. AOR is January 25 2020. Estimated completion is 92% with 15days to go. My current application status is as follows:
1. Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
2. Medical results: Passed (Feb 6th)
3. Additional documents: We do not need additional documents
4. Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes
5. Biometrics: Completed (Feb 24th)
6. Background check: We are processing your background check.
7. Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I have no idea whether there were any GUs in my application. What is worrying for me is the eligibility section. Isn't it the first one to be completed and status should have been something like "you passed eligibility requirements"? Do you think this is normal? Should I wait for couple of weeks or inquire further by requesting gcms notes?

Thanks!
May I know your stream? Did you get any info. Me too nearly AOR

taranveer14

Dec 15, 2019
Received a reply. AOR jan. 30. please help to figure out at which stage my application is.

. The eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied have been passed,
you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.

. The background/criminality verifications are currently valid.

. The security background verification has not been initiated

scarlettN

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23/01/2020
Doc's Request.
06-02-2020
Nomination.....
OINP Jan 10 2019
AOR Received.
23/01/2020
Med's Done....
10/01/2020
@legalfalcon. I received this email today as a reply to my enquiry for eligibility status sent to the LVO. Does application approved mean ready for visa? Appreciate your insight!

Dear Applicant

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Your application is approved.

As you may be aware, the Government of Canada has announced travel restriction measures that currently restrict air travel to protect Canada from the outbreak of Covid-19. While the travel restrictions seek to stop non-essential travel, there are exceptions to ensure essential travel is permitted. For a list of current exemptions to these restrictions, please visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html. If your application falls under the exemptions and you wish to travel at this time, please provide supporting information regarding the essential nature of your travel.

Please note that you must isolate for 14 days when you arrive even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory. You must have a plan to isolate when you arrive in Canada. If you do not have a plan, you will need to delay travel until you have made one.

Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, please note that Canada’s mission in Singapore is providing essential services only. Visa Application Centres (VAC) in Bangladesh, Myanmar and Indonesia are also temporarily closed due to local government instructions. While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times.

For updates on the resumption of services at VACs, please monitor the VAC website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/.

We will instruct you on how to proceed to have your visa and COPR issued once the travel restrictions have been removed and the VAC in your country has resumed operations.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon. I received this email today as a reply to my enquiry for eligibility status sent to the LVO. Does application approved mean ready for visa? Appreciate your insight!

Dear Applicant

As you may be aware, the Government of Canada has announced travel restriction measures that currently restrict air travel to protect Canada from the outbreak of Covid-19. While the travel restrictions seek to stop non-essential travel, there are exceptions to ensure essential travel is permitted. For a list of current exemptions to these restrictions, please visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html. If your application falls under the exemptions and you wish to travel at this time, please provide supporting information regarding the essential nature of your travel.

Please note that you must isolate for 14 days when you arrive even if you have no symptoms. This is mandatory. You must have a plan to isolate when you arrive in Canada. If you do not have a plan, you will need to delay travel until you have made one.

Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, please note that Canada’s mission in Singapore is providing essential services only. Visa Application Centres (VAC) in Bangladesh, Myanmar and Indonesia are also temporarily closed due to local government instructions. While we continue to serve our clients, service disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times.

For updates on the resumption of services at VACs, please monitor the VAC website at: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/.

We will instruct you on how to proceed to have your visa and COPR issued once the travel restrictions have been removed and the VAC in your country has resumed operations.
Yes, this means that all reviews and checks on your application have been done and it is approved.

Congratulations!!

Just wait for IRCC's formal notification as and when it is released.

scarlettN

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23/01/2020
Doc's Request.
06-02-2020
Nomination.....
OINP Jan 10 2019
AOR Received.
23/01/2020
Med's Done....
10/01/2020
Yes, this means that all reviews and checks on your application have been done and it is approved.

Congratulations!!

Just wait for IRCC's formal notification as and when it is released.
I am glad. Thanks for all your help. Appreciate a lot!

Last edited:
Reactions: legalfalcon

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020

Dear Applicant

Congrats!!! What's your stream and where are you located? (I'm US based so I'm curious if it means outland apps could be moving again)

scarlettN

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23/01/2020
Doc's Request.
06-02-2020
Nomination.....
OINP Jan 10 2019
AOR Received.
23/01/2020
Med's Done....
10/01/2020
Congrats!!! What's your stream and where are you located? (I'm US based so I'm curious if it means outland apps could be moving again)
Thank you! I am PNP-Outland candidate. I just enquired my local visa office for an update and they informed me about the approval. AOR: 23rd Jan.

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
Thank you! I am PNP-Outland candidate. I just enquired my local visa office for an update and they informed me about the approval. AOR: 23rd Jan.
Jan 23rd AoR here too. FSW-O in my case

If you don't mind me asking: When was your last status update and how long did it take from Eligibility passed to PPR? I think my case got shelved right after Eligibility Met when COVID hit, curious about comparable cases in terms of timeline.

Thanks!

scarlettN

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23/01/2020
Doc's Request.
06-02-2020
Nomination.....
OINP Jan 10 2019
AOR Received.
23/01/2020
Med's Done....
10/01/2020
Jan 23rd AoR here too. FSW-O in my case

If you don't mind me asking: When was your last status update and how long did it take from Eligibility passed to PPR? I think my case got shelved right after Eligibility Met when COVID hit, curious about comparable cases in terms of timeline.

Thanks!
Okay. sure! Here are my updates:

After biometric on Feb 19, March 28- Eligibility in review, criminality valid, security not initiated. Late April to May 13th, 2 ghost updates. July 8th- background verifications, criminality, security valid. No mention about eligibility. Sent another webform, July 14 reply: File at local visa Singapore. July 20th reply from local visa office that file is approved.

You can send them web form for updates and ask for local visa office Info. Then send webform directly to the local visa office, you may get more information on your file.

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
Okay. sure! Here are my updates:

After biometric on Feb 19, March 28- Eligibility in review, criminality valid, security not initiated. Late April to May 13th, 2 ghost updates. July 8th- background verifications, criminality, security valid. No mention about eligibility. Sent another webform, July 14 reply: File at local visa Singapore. July 20th reply from local visa office that file is approved.

You can send them web form for updates and ask for local visa office Info. Then send webform directly to the local visa office, you may get more information on your file.
Thanks! How do I specify which VO to send to in the webform? Did you address the inquiry to a specific VO or is there an option I may be able to choose from in the webform menu itself?

Thanks again! This is all really great information.

scarlettN

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23/01/2020
Doc's Request.
06-02-2020
Nomination.....
OINP Jan 10 2019
AOR Received.
23/01/2020
Med's Done....
10/01/2020
Thanks! How do I specify which VO to send to in the webform? Did you address the inquiry to a specific VO or is there an option I may be able to choose from in the webform menu itself?

Thanks again! This is all really great information.
I was informed that my file was at Singapore LVO and then used the below link to send another web form to my LVO.

After you come to know the LVO: use this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html