+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JANUARY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

kevran32

Jan 9, 2020
@legalfalcon It would be a great help if you can answer my query.
My AOR date is: January 12, 2020 FSW outland
According to my GCMS notes R10 passed on Jan 29
and A11.2 met on Feb 12
Eligibility: met
medical: passed
Criminality: In progress
Security: not started
info sharing: progress
visa office assigned to cpc-ottawa
as of jun 24
So basically there is no progress after feb 12.

first of all I am worried as it is more than 180 days and also I realized that my US FBI report that I submitted was a month before I left the US and 2 and a half months before I submitted my application. I have applied for a new one but its taking a long time to process. What do you think is the next step? I am surprised that that R10 was deemed complete? What do you think should be the next step? Thank you for your time.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon It would be a great help if you can answer my query.
My AOR date is: January 12, 2020 FSW outland
According to my GCMS notes R10 passed on Jan 29
and A11.2 met on Feb 12
Eligibility: met
medical: passed
Criminality: In progress
Security: not started
info sharing: progress
visa office assigned to cpc-ottawa
as of jun 24
So basically there is no progress after feb 12.

first of all I am worried as it is more than 180 days and also I realized that my US FBI report that I submitted was a month before I left the US and 2 and a half months before I submitted my application. I have applied for a new one but its taking a long time to process. What do you think is the next step? I am surprised that that R10 was deemed complete? What do you think should be the next step? Thank you for your time.
In the last 3 months there has been not much progress anyway.

Eligibility: Your eligibility has not yet been conclusively passed and this is why your security as not yet started. The security will start once the eligibility is passed. Eligibility takes place in two stages. First a case analyst / assistant will review your documents and make a recommendation. This can be recommended passed, review required, met etc. Then an officer will review it and make a final determination. Only after the officer makes a final determination, is the eligibility finally passed. Only after the eligibility is passed, will the security commence. For more details, read my post #3,201

To read on how an application is processed, see https://bit.ly/2WMVCJ4

PCC: The requirements for a PCC are:

• For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
  • Police certificates meeting the above requirements can be accepted even if they have an expiry date that has passed.
  • This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has travelled for 6 months or more in a row, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.
  • Police certificates are required upfront and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent 6 months or more in a row within the last 10 years. The individual does not need to provide one for any period of time before the age of 18.
If your PCC, i.e. FBI PCC was issued while you were still in the US, and you submitted the application while you were in the US, you are fine and need not worry. This is why your R10 was complete and since it is done, you do not have to worry.

Reactions: kevran32

imrock.mw

Oct 20, 2019
@legalfalcon or anybody, can you please share your view on this

I had raised a webform and got the below response:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
In addition, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

What would be the current status of my application?
Is there a need to apply for GCMS notes?
AOR: 2 January

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon or anybody, can you please share your view on this

I had raised a webform and got the below response:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information on file and can confirm that:
  • Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
In addition, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

What would be the current status of my application?
Is there a need to apply for GCMS notes?
AOR: 2 January
This doesn't say anything about your eligibility. Did you ask about the eligibility specifically in the webform?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
HI @legalfalcon
I received my GCMS notes and some pages are hidden under Info Sharing using section 13.1.a. Do you know what that means?
It refers to section 13 of the Access to Information Act:

Information obtained in confidence

• 13 (1) Subject to subsection (2), the head of a government institution shall refuse to disclose any record requested under this Part that contains information that was obtained in confidence from
    • (a) the government of a foreign state or an institution thereof;

https://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/en/investigators-guide-interpreting-act/section-13-information-obtained-confidence-where-disclosure

Patsnits

Star Member
Oct 19, 2019
Hi,

I am an Outlander and I applied on the 21st January 2020.I have exceeded my my processing time and when i called IRCC they said my eligibility is under review and my criminality is in progress.Why is it taking so long? What may I do to find out what is happening to my application?

ayeetee

Jun 11, 2020
Hi,

I am an Outlander and I applied on the 21st January 2020.I have exceeded my my processing time and when i called IRCC they said my eligibility is under review and my criminality is in progress.Why is it taking so long? What may I do to find out what is happening to my application?
Order GCMS notes.

saravanankav

Jul 28, 2020
GU simply signifies an update in the background, which can be as mundane as moving the file from one office to another, or as major as passing eligibility. Not everyone gets GU. Some applicants don't get a single GU and straight away get a decision on their application.

As per the webform response the eligibility is still in progress and once it is done, your security will start.
I received AOR on January 21, 2020.
I am in inland FSW category
100% of estimated time completed on July 21, 2020.

Today, I called the IRCC phone customer support and the support representative mentioned that "Security" and "Eligibility" have been "Passed from their side" and "Background Check" is still in progress. Also, they mentioned all required documents have been received and there are no pending documents. Can you please help me what passed from their side means?

Further, on approval of application for inland applicants, given the COVID-19 situation, what would the next step be? Can we get PR card without having to submit our passports?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I received AOR on January 21, 2020.
I am in inland FSW category
100% of estimated time completed on July 21, 2020.

Today, I called the IRCC phone customer support and the support representative mentioned that "Security" and "Eligibility" have been "Passed from their side" and "Background Check" is still in progress. Also, they mentioned all required documents have been received and there are no pending documents. Can you please help me what passed from their side means?

Further, on approval of application for inland applicants, given the COVID-19 situation, what would the next step be? Can we get PR card without having to submit our passports?
There is always some ambiguity with information provided by support rep, you are inland and can request your GCMS notes for free to see the exact status. See how https://help.gcmsnotes.com/how-to-order/for-free

saravanankav

Jul 28, 2020
There is always some ambiguity with information provided by support rep, you are inland and can request your GCMS notes for free to see the exact status. See how https://help.gcmsnotes.com/how-to-order/for-free
Thank you for responding! Yes, I requested my GCMS notes yesterday through the Privacy Act for free. How long do you think it would take for me to receive the GCMS notes given the COVID situation?