+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JANUARY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

rogerEE

Mar 13, 2020
Category........
FSW
I posted the same information in other thread as well but didn't get response...
I request all to please have a look on my profile and answer my questions given below...

My profile is as given below.

AOR 28th Jan 2020.
MEP 12th Feb 2020.
Biometrics enrolled 13th Feb 2020.

I didn't get any GU until today. After reading your comments on this forum, I, too, got curious and decided to raise a webform in order to get information about my application. So, I raised a webform on the 08th of June 2020. The response from the IRCC agent for my webform was as given below...

Eligibility: The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
The security background verification has not been initiated.
The criminal background verification is currently valid.

I applied GCMS notes on the same day after receiving the response for my webform to get in-depth knowledge of my application process so that i may take necessary steps if required.

I raised a webform again on the 29th of June 2020, and i got the following responce from the IRCC agent today.

Eligibility: The responsible office reviewed the application and documents submitted and determined that you meet the Eligibility Requirements under the class of immigration for which you have applied.
The background verifications are currently valid.
The security background verification is currently valid.

My GCMS notes that were generated on the 30th of june 2020 state that my Eligibility is Recommended passed.

Is there something to be worried about?
So eligibility met just means recommend passed? My webform told me my eligibility is under verifying when the notes generated before it was actually recommend passed.

Tony@1234

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
I posted the same information in other thread as well but didn't get response...
I request all to please have a look on my profile and answer my questions given below...

AOR 28th Jan 2020.
MEP 12th Feb 2020.

I didn't get any GU until today. After reading your comments on this forum, I, too, got curious and decided to raise a webform in order to get information about my application. So, I raised a webform on the 08th of June 2020. The response from the IRCC agent for my webform was as given below...

Eligibility: The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.

I applied GCMS notes on the same day after receiving the response for my webform to get in-depth knowledge of my application process so that i may take necessary steps if required.

I raised a webform again on the 29th of June 2020, and i got the following responce from the IRCC agent today.

Eligibility: The responsible office reviewed the application and documents submitted and determined that you meet the Eligibility Requirements under the class of immigration for which you have applied.

My GCMS notes that were generated on the 30th of june 2020 state that my Eligibility is Recommended passed.

Everything looks fine. May I know your stream?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

AOR 28th Jan 2020.
MEP 12th Feb 2020.

GU simply signifies an update in the background, which can be as mundane as moving the file from one office to another, or as major as passing eligibility. Not everyone gets GU. Some applicants don't get a single GU and straight away get a decision on their application.

As per the webform response the eligibility is still in progress and once it is done, your security will start.

Reactions: Mike@2019

Yggdrasha

Oct 23, 2019
Hello Everyone. Need some advise.
My profile is through OINP tech draw EE Outland. AOR is January 25 2020. Estimated completion is 92% with 15days to go. My current application status is as follows:
1. Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
2. Medical results: Passed (Feb 6th)
3. Additional documents: We do not need additional documents
4. Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes
5. Biometrics: Completed (Feb 24th)
6. Background check: We are processing your background check.
7. Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I have no idea whether there were any GUs in my application. What is worrying for me is the eligibility section. Isn't it the first one to be completed and status should have been something like "you passed eligibility requirements"? Do you think this is normal? Should I wait for couple of weeks or inquire further by requesting gcms notes?

Thanks!

khurram009

May 28, 2020
GU simply signifies an update in the background, which can be as mundane as moving the file from one office to another, or as major as passing eligibility. Not everyone gets GU. Some applicants don't get a single GU and straight away get a decision on their application.

As per the webform response the eligibility is still in progress and once it is done, your security will start.
Thanks a lot for replying...
My First webform response suggests that my Eligibility is in progress. The second webform, however, indicates that it has been Met.

Last edited:

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Did they provide the reason for the RR? It just means that a junior staff member has asked an officer to review an aspect of your application before making a decision. Did you request your GCMS file?
When applying for GCMS on a citizenship case, how normal is it that they notify you of an extension of 60 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit as being "required in order to undertake consultations". And what are these consultations all about?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
When applying for GCMS on a citizenship case, how normal is it that they notify you of an extension of 60 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit as being "required in order to undertake consultations". And what are these consultations all about?
Extensions taken by ATIP seem vexatious to begin with and there is an ongoing investigation by the Information Commissioner of Canada (OIC); see https://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/en/resources/news-releases/information-commissioner-initiates-systemic-investigation-department

OIC has contacted some people, including us, to provide input into the investigation. Since the investigation is confidential nothing much can be said about it at this time. Extensions seems very random and these days much of the information coming out of the ATIP division is coming through fairly quickly.

As for consultations see https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/services/access-information-privacy/access-information/access-information-manual.html

Reactions: Flandernss

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
OIC has contacted some people, including us, to provide input into the investigation. Since the investigation is confidential nothing much can be said about it at this time. Extensions seems very random and these days much of the information coming out of the ATIP division is coming through fairly quickly.

"coming fairly quickly" except when not subject to "seemingly random" extensions, right?

I wonder what an extension of 60 days for consultations in a citizenship GCMS files request is usually all about. There are extensions for consultations that could last over 300 days according to the link you provided...

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

"coming fairly quickly" except when not subject to "seemingly random" extensions, right?

I wonder what an extension of 60 days for consultations in a citizenship GCMS files request is usually all about. There are extensions for consultations that could last over 300 days according to the link you provided...
"coming fairly quickly" except when not subject to "seemingly random" extensions, right? >>>>>>> Right, the extension can be made any time during the first 30 days.

Claim of consultations can be a bogus reason for an extension too, we have seen extensions due to that reason and later been told no records were found. Similarly extensions "due to a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records" are arbitrary and discretionary. That's why the systemic investigation into such delays by the Office of the Information Commissioner.

You can request the Access Pro Case Management file to see how your ATIP request was processed. Requesting it is the same process as an ATIP file but it will be released after the ATIP request has been processed and it may or may not give you the info you are looking for as it tends to be heavily redacted or full of acronyms.

Reactions: Flandernss

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
"coming fairly quickly" except when not subject to "seemingly random" extensions, right? >>>>>>> Right, the extension can be made any time during the first 30 days.

Claim of consultations can be a bogus reason for an extension too, we have seen extensions due to that reason and later been told no records were found. Similarly extensions "due to a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records" are arbitrary and discretionary. That's why the systemic investigation into such delays by the Office of the Information Commissioner.

You can request the Access Pro Case Management file to see how your ATIP request was processed. Requesting it is the same process as an ATIP file but it will be released after the ATIP request has been processed and it may or may not give you the info you are looking for as it tends to be heavily redacted or full of acronyms.

"Claim of consultations can be a bogus reason for an extension too, we have seen extensions due to that reason and later been told no records were found." >>>>>>> Can't it be that after the said consultations they decided not to disclose the records? That's maybe why they say "no records [that you can be aware of] were found".

I say this because, reading the link you provided, it looks like the consultations take place when there is some sort of sensitive information that should be kept concealed from the ATIP requester, concerning other agencies, departments, individuals, etc.

irvinmano

May 15, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Canada Visa Application Centre (VFS GLOBAL) - Port Louis
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Hi all,

I have called IRCC yesterday. The lady told me that everything is passed, that is the Security, Criminality and the Background check has been completed. What is the next step please?

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019

You have a caips notes business, I understand. How much does it cost for the interpretation of the notes? Thanks.