+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JANUARY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
I read in many places that this is a technical glitch during maintenance.. :rolleyes:
Its not entirely tech glitch...IRCC had been holding many status updates which they cleared in one go, for rest it was default messages....some inlands got PR notification, some of them got updates like reduction in CRS scores due to defaults like increase in Age, expiry of language tests, etc., some also got Ghost updates as their application moved to next stage.

Reactions: Samysaa

Samysaa

Feb 27, 2020
AOR Received.
17-01-2020
Its not entirely tech glitch...IRCC had been holding many status updates which they cleared in one go, for rest it was default messages....some inlands got PR notification, some of them got updates like reduction in CRS scores due to defaults like increase in Age, expiry of language tests, etc., some also got Ghost updates as their application moved to next stage.
Thanks.. hope something good comes out of it..

alwaysandeep

Jan 21, 2020
Hi all, I need a suggestion on the below, it would be great if you have any thoughts.
I got my AOR on Jan 8th 2020 for my FSW PR application. By july 8th, it would be 6 months since my submission.
I have just got a job offer from a company in Canada last week, and I read online that currently IRCC is not processing FSW PR applications.
Do you think letting IRCC know of my canada job offer via webform, would expedite my PR application approval?

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Hi all, I need a suggestion on the below, it would be great if you have any thoughts.
I got my AOR on Jan 8th 2020 for my FSW PR application. By july 8th, it would be 6 months since my submission.
I have just got a job offer from a company in Canada last week, and I read online that currently IRCC is not processing FSW PR applications.
Do you think letting IRCC know of my canada job offer via webform, would expedite my PR application approval?
IRCC is still processing FSW and all other programs although at a slower rate. Some Jan AOR for FSW has already been completed. But if you're an outland applicant, you'll have to wait longer to receive your PPR/COPR.

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just checked my profile and saw where my application was update and when I clicked on my application, it said APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o email as yet, no COPR letter updated to my profile. But is says PROCESSING COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I can see on my profile where:

Eligibility review was completed April 6th

Background checks completed April 6th

This is such an overwhelming moment for me so allow me to give a little background. I originally applied to migrate to Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker program in February 27, 2008. At that time you only needed to have a first degree to qualify. Immigration laws changed and on February 5th 2010 my application was declined as I didn't have enough NOC B experience. I gave up on moving to Canada and went on to have my second child. Intermittently, I would apply for school in Canada just to see the approvals for school but I never had the funds to make the dream a reality. In 2017 I decided to apply for a visitors visa as my friend and brother (who was living in Canada) started asking me if I didn't want to come for a visit. Prior to this I has only vacationed in the US. Please see timeline of my journey here:
1. visitors visa approved Sept 23, 2017
2. First visit to Canada in January 2018 - I visited the College close to my brother and collected brochures. I started researching school seriously as my brother encouraged me to take the leap and that my family and I (husband and 2 kids) could live with him for a year.
3. March 26, 2018 - Study permit approved for me and entire family.
4. June 15, 2018 I resigned from my job that I had for the past 14 years and move to Canada for a 1 year post-graduate course
5. April 23rd- completed 1 year course and prayed fervently that my PGWP would be longer than a year (lol)
6. June 10th 2019 PGWP was approved and I got exactly 1 year ( expiry date June 8, 2020)
7. During that time I realized Ontario nomination program was CLOSED AND NOT GOING TO RE-OPEN ANYTIME SOON AND I ONLY HAD 1 YEAR TO WORK so I started looking jobs in other provinces. I did 2 interviews with a company in British Columbia and they didn't commit to giving me the job. I realized they wanted to meet me in person so I told them I would be in BC on August 4, 2019. I secured a short term stay, resigned my job and flew to BC with my 2 kids (and no job offer in hand). I met with the manager on August 6th and that's when he did another short interview and told me the job is mine. My husband stayed over in Ontario to continue working while we made the transition and eventually came over on September 27th. By the time he came I had rented a house, bought a used car, gotten the kids in school etc. He got a new job within a week of moving here.
8. I started my new job August 16, 2019
9. Applied for BC PNP August 26th 2019
10. Submitted BC PNP application September 27th 2019
11. Got BC PNP approval November 2019 ( big thank you to my employer who was veryyyy supportive).

AOR JANAURY 22, 2020|BOWP approved May 12 2020| Express Entry application approved JUNE 8, 2020

The huge takeaway from my journey is that once you plan your life and do all you can- nothing will happen before the time. I wasn’t destined to be here in 2008/2010 or any of the other times I applied for school. My time is now! I know this immigration journey is a challenging one filled with many uncertain turns. All I can say is that if you decide to take this journey it takes a lot of planning and faith.

Last edited:

jag.singh

Mar 5, 2020
Hey Guys!

I got AOR for FSW On February 23, 2020

MEP: completed March 4
Biometrics: completed March 4
Eligibility: Met
Criminality: completed
Security: Not Started

i called CIC on June 5th and they said security have not started yet but everything else is done. Just curious how long will it take until i get COPR? Anyone in the same situation? And what exactly is included in Security Check?

localhost8100

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hello everyone,

I got a request for BioMetrics for my non accompanying wife.

Here is my situation.
Me (Principal applicant)
AOR: Jan 24, 2020.
BioMetrics Date: Submitted on Feb 20, 2020

My wife(Non accompanying)
BioMetrics: Requested on June 12, 2020.

I was under the assumption that non accompanying spouse doesn’t need bio metrics. The letter I received has my wife’s address as my address in US. She has never been to US, Canada or let alone travel out of India. I did not even pay my wife’s bio metric fees. The letter says that this is the proof for your payment of biometric fees. I am just confused right now.

I saw this thread in Twitter where Official Canada Immigration says that it is not required.

Was anyone in this situation? Should I raise webform request? If I want to call IRCC, what number should I call?

kilo49

Jun 12, 2020
Hi, I applied through Express Entry.
I received AOR on Jan 11 and finished the medical exam and biometrics in February.
The estimated finish time on my account is July 10, and there is only 1 month left, I am super worried right now.
Is this normal?
What can I do? Webform says do not inquire unless the application passed given deadline...

Kamalgill123

Star Member
May 19, 2020
I received AOR on Jan 11 and finished the medical exam and biometrics in February.
The estimated finish time on my account is July 10, and there is only 1 month left, I am super worried right now.
Is this normal?
What can I do? Webform says do not inquire unless the application passed given deadline...
What is your stream?

egam189

May 30, 2019
Category........
CEC
Is this normal?
Stay patient and wait. I know it's hard but you still have a month. My 6 months will be passed in 17 days and I just gotta wait till they make their final decision.