+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JANUARY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

ChiefOd

Nov 4, 2019
Ghost update is a technical glitch. It usually happens when someone works on your profile in the background. It creates a false updated.

Sometimes it is attributed towards approval of application or request for ADR.
Many thanks for the response. Is it really possible to get ADR when I have about 56 days left on my application?

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Has anyone who got ADR this month already got any Eligibility/Security/Background update after ADR submission ???

CG7

Star Member
Nov 20, 2019
Hi Guys,

My AOR is January 21.

I got a ghost update yesterday.

What Could this mean?

Someone please explain

I got 3 ghost updates in total
First one was file transfer
Second one was my eligibility and background requirements passed
Third was approval

Sacur

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Pls anyone in this forum can help out,I applied for study permit last year June 30,I got ADR in September 5 since then no single update on my cic.....I don't know what really happened....and if I want to request for GCMS.How much does it cost....thanks

skn30

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Pls anyone in this forum can help out,I applied for study permit last year June 30,I got ADR in September 5 since then no single update on my cic.....I don't know what really happened....and if I want to request for GCMS.How much does it cost....thanks
GCMS notes would cost you around 9USD, you can refer www.thegcmsonline.com

Sacur

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Okay thanks,once I pay 9usd..I will request for GCMS..how many days I will get the reply from them

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
GCMS notes would cost you around 9USD, you can refer www.thegcmsonline.com
If you are an inland applicant you can obtain the GCMS notes for free under the Privacy Act. If not, then a friend or relative in Canada can help you out and it will cost $5; even a Canadian in your home country can request this on your behalf.

skn30

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
If you are an inland applicant you can obtain the GCMS notes for free under the Privacy Act. If not, then a friend or relative in Canada can help you out and it will cost $5; even a Canadian in your home country can request this on your behalf.
Yes. However, you need someone trustworthy when it comes to sharing personal information.

I can't risk it with am unknown person. If I have a friend or relative whom I can trust that would have been my first step.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Yes. However, you need someone trustworthy when it comes to sharing personal information.

I can't risk it with am unknown person. If I have a friend or relative whom I can trust that would have been my first step.
100% agree, GCMS notes contain a lot of sensitive information and it's misuse can lead to fraud. Always work with someone you can trust and is not using your information to up sell you other services like visa re-application assistance, insurance, etc.

Amatsukami

Jun 27, 2018
Cameroon
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
01-12-2018
hi guys AOR- 17th Jan fsw-o
just received my GCMS today, odered on 08th May
it says eligibily:MET security; not started: criminality: PASSED

File is in Ottawa Office
last webform( raised on 25th may after a GU ON 20th May) said backgroung, criminality and security are curenntly valid and nothing about eligibility

in GCSM, note1 text is : PReVU verified for passeport by CPC-O (application information). Application sent for copr printing

i would like to know the meaning of that note.
is it a generic note for everyone?
thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: guruguru1989

venkatesh jalubula

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Hi All,

Today I received the following TWO emails about my PR application, 1 at 4:46 AM and at 5:08 AM from donotreply@cic.gc.ca

AOR- Jan 27,2020, CEC-INLAND, VO- OTTAWA, ESTIMATED PROCESSING TIME: 55 DAYS( 70% COMPLETE)

Just wondering, is this ghost update or IRCC sents every one for reassurance??

any thoughts?? Thanks

Application number: EXXXXX​
We're still working on your application.

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.
We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address: XXXXXXXXXXX
Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application.

pemyrie

May 15, 2009
Hi All,

Today I received the following TWO emails about my PR application, 1 at 4:46 AM and at 5:08 AM from donotreply@cic.gc.ca

AOR- Jan 27,2020, CEC-INLAND, VO- OTTAWA, ESTIMATED PROCESSING TIME: 55 DAYS( 70% COMPLETE)

Just wondering, is this ghost update or IRCC sents every one for reassurance??

any thoughts?? Thanks

Application number: EXXXXX​
We're still working on your application.

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.
We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address: XXXXXXXXXXX
Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application.

Apparently most people got it- it seems to be similar to the progress bar disappearing-technical glitch.