+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 AINP NOI

Rajit

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
In my opinion, they are not picking outlanders due to coronavirus. People are already laid off and getting less hours, economy is already down it will be wise decision for u to wait once everything is ok. Coz it will be difficult for you to search job and bear expenses here. Meanwhile you can search all provinces demand in jobs and create your profile accordinaly.
Yes, You may be right. As other provinces recently held their draws comprising outlanders as well, Alberta still weighing the economic impact due to corona and oil battle. Let's all be hopeful that things get down to normal soon.

Loks

Apr 4, 2020
Yes, You may be right. As other provinces recently held their draws comprising outlanders as well, Alberta still weighing the economic impact due to corona and oil battle. Let's all be hopeful that things get down to normal soon.
What are the chances of NOC 2262 being nominated once they start picking outlanders again

Parto.h

Apr 2, 2020
Is there someone who has applied AOS and get nomination?!
I got my file number in December 4 and still waiting..:

wjillm

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Is there someone who has applied AOS and get nomination?!
I got my file number in December 4 and still waiting..:
I applied with AOS originally. Sent out my application in December, got my FN in January and NOI too, so I reapplied with AEES and got my nomination in March.

With AOS it takes 4-6 months to get nominated.

Parto.h

Apr 2, 2020
I applied with AOS originally. Sent out my application in December, got my FN in January and NOI too, so I reapplied with AEES and got my nomination in March.

Tanks for response
Do you know how can I know the situation ??
My work permit expires on June 1

Parto.h

Apr 2, 2020
Tanks for response

It seems there was a new draw on April 1 and the ainp application assistant receive till November 26 . Is it possible to get nominations in next draw??

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
hey! I guess I asked you the other day about submitting a late EOI and I actually got it the next day lol. Glad to hear that you’ve finally reached this point! I just got my nomination 2 days ago and currently waiting to be invited but I heard CIC wouldnt process any applications for 6 months even though they are still inviting people. Did you get affected by this?
Congratulations on the nomination. There’s no official information that says CIC/IRCC have stopped processing applications. You can submit etc as normal and they will be more lenient if you’re missing any information. Btw be sure to include your nomination certification and IMM0008 schedule A when you send your PR under the additional documents section ... it won’t ask you to but they’ll just ask for this information later.

I’ve not had any update to my PR application for processing medical. Though they did respond by email to a query through the webform, so they’re still processing. From immitracker though they’ve resumed this again after a pause, so it’s now around 25 days from AOR rather than 10 days from AOR.

No advantage to delaying submission. Make sure you’ve got everything ready for e-APR (upfront medical, proof of funds etc) ... potentially you can still submit if you’ve not done your medical yet and the clinics are closed. Send me a message if any queries. Good luck with next ITA draw!

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
Yesterday I got like 975 instead of 988 then today I got 993. It just move by itself
That sounds crazy! You get maximum 600 points under section D. So with PR, any points you previously had under that category don’t contribute extra (sibling, Canadian credential, extra points for French, job offer etc).

So long as you’re about 470ish and you can provide evidence against every point, it doesn’t matter now. It’s crazy because spend so many months trying to get the best CRS ... then it doesn’t matter, and there’s a whole new level in your Canadian journey!

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
In my opinion, they are not picking outlanders due to coronavirus. People are already laid off and getting less hours, economy is already down it will be wise decision for u to wait once everything is ok. Coz it will be difficult for you to search job and bear expenses here. Meanwhile you can search all provinces demand in jobs and create your profile accordinaly.
But they weren’t picking many outlanders pre-pandemic either in 2020. Though bear in mind that max 5% of people who get NOIs post on these forums. They did in second half of 2019. Perhaps there’s just enough people showing stronger ties to Alberta in the pool at the moment for them to send NOIs ... currently living in Alberta, study/work in Alberta, perhaps family ties too but I’d guess they’re less critical. Otherwise if there’s some NOCs they really want but only outland applicants with them, then they’d send NOIs.

I think it’s a bit like when those financial adverts say something like “past performance is best guide of future performance, but nothing is guaranteed and the value of your investments may go down as well as up”. They’ve invited plenty of outlanders before. They’re not right now. But you can be hopeful they will in future. In the meantime, depending on your goals, the feasibility and your personal circumstances, people might be able to increase CRS, get temporary job in Canada, look at other PNPs etc.

You’re quite right that the pandemic will have an economic impact. But I expect most things will bounce back fast and this may bring new opportunities too.

Stay positive! Good luck!

Reactions: Nortisberg

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
Tanks for response
Sorry hadn’t realised this. Do you have a plan already so you can stay legally in Canada after your work permit expires? The processing time is currently 90 days and you can stay with implied status in the terms of your current work permit whilst it’s being processed, provided you apply for a new work permit (and not as visitor etc).

Even once you have your nomination after AOS, the application for PR is paper-based and takes 15-19 months. You may have other ways to extend your temporary legal status in Canada whilst waiting for a work permit though when you submit PR ... there’s is information about these on AINP website for people post-nomination. It’ll be risky to wait for AOR for a paper PR application to apply for BOWP, as you likely will not get your AOR back in time.