+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

Blazac

Feb 26, 2019
12 days since we got AOR1 on March 5th and no update for SA letter, Medical or fingerprints.
However, the Ecas only showing we received you applications on 11th of Jan.
How can I check if they start processing the sponsor eligibility or not yet ?

dyla18689

Star Member
Nov 12, 2018
12 days since we got AOR1 on March 5th and no update for SA letter, Medical or fingerprints.

I often wonder how does CIC process applications and communicate with the applicants and sponsors.

In your case you have an AOR but no update on the sponsorship approval being in process.

I can see that my sponsorship approval is in process since March 8th but don't have an AOR yet.

Curiously interesting.

Reactions: Blazac

rbbt0824

Feb 27, 2019
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
MISSISSAUGA
App. Filed.......
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
22-02-2019
File Transfer...
01-03-2019
Med's Request
26-02-2019
Med's Done....
28-02-2019
If you log in ECAS with Sponsor’s info you will be able to see if they are processing sponsor’s eligibility. “In process” means they are working on it. “Decision Made” means you will be hearing news from them very soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: schweisy and Blazac

canrediff

Jan 14, 2019
Hi, In my GC key account, it states we are processing your background check. No other update.
Does anyone here have similar kind of status.

Larangharad

Mar 16, 2019
Yes I submitted e-fingerprints but RCMP only sends out hard copy letter.

My rep uploaded it through Webform on March 13.

On March 15 I got an email receipt from webform agent Maria said she forwarded it to Gary.

On March 16 it showed they received it on MyCIC, says “We have recieved the addition document you provided.”

Yeah the signature is only visible when using computer, so is the tracker spreadsheet not the most accessible to phones
Thank you again !!

I did fill out my info on the spreadsheet when I was at a computer yesterday, I am so impressed there is one !
Ok best I can hope for is they ask for fingerprints in this country, but now I have an account I may just ask a question through the webform/ email and ask so I actually know whether I have to leave or not.... worth asking you think ?
So far I haven’t really heard of anyone having to leave their life here in Canada just to do biometrics back in their home country yet.

mandana.yazdanian

Jan 6, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi, In my GC key account, it states we are processing your background check. No other update.
Does anyone here have similar kind of status.
We had similar situation, now that my husband received the biometrics letter, it changed from “we don’t need finger prints” to “ we need your finger prints” but before that bg check was the only item in progress

Reactions: canrediff

Carolcarolsauce

Mar 17, 2019
Anyone sponsoring someone from Central America? If you know your file may be sent to Mexico VO please keep us posted.

I have heard that previously that VO is particularly slow so would be great to see some timelines for 2019.

Should be sending my application next week I'm Canadian citizen sponsoring my Nicaraguan spouse.

Best of luck to everyone!

Hi,

Im actually sponsoring my husband from Costa Rica. Started process end of january and got email to to medical exams last week

Reactions: FVPupnorth

xpensive

Apr 19, 2017
I do not know the whole picture of your case but the only thing I can tell you is that it is fine to add your spouse as a non-accompanying member and mention she is pregnant. When I applied my PR, I did the same but my spouse was a student. However, I have no idea about indefinite leave. As long as it is legal, you have no problem.[/QUOT

Thanks, i would apply as married and chose un-accompanying spouse.Well what i meant by indefinite leave to remain is applying for residency in uk and she cnt leave the uk .

Sarah dhanoa

Aug 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
I received my returned file on Mar15th because of missing sign. But i also got the application number starting from letter F . The placed special arrows where i missed the signs, there they put arrows indicating sign here. And i also got a checklist with it saying sending my file to Mississauga which was updated on feb2019. But now i downloaded new checklist which was updated in March saying send ur file to Nova scotia. I am confused where to resend it.
Hey!

The checklist that was updated in February, mentioning outland files to be sent to Mississauga was an error on CIC's part. The updated checklist was issued to rectify the issue. All outland files need to be sent out to CPC-Sydney as mentioned in the Guide. You may write an explanation letter if it was previously sent to Mississauga explaining the confusion. Hope it helps.