+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Its her who will be packing :) she has to give 1 month notice at her work. So she would be here in june start. And tickets are so damn expensive! Going close to $1500 one way!!!
Usually when there are special circumstances (and moving to another country for sure is in this category) you can quit immediately or give much shorter notice. As another option, she could give a notice and take a vacation/unpaid leave at the same day with the same duration as the notice. Basically, no one can force a person to work if a person doesn't want to. If she moves to another country, I don't think her company is going to follow and sue her.

I'm not saying she needs to do something nasty to her job. I'm just saying there are some options if you really impatient to see her in Canada.

Reactions: Impatient1

konaath

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09/01/2019
AOR Received.
10/01/2019
Med's Request
01/03/2019
Med's Done....
03/03/2019
Its her who will be packing :) she has to give 1 month notice at her work. So she would be here in june start. And tickets are so damn expensive! Going close to $1500 one way!!!

OMG too costly.... well congratulations... all the best

Reactions: vinitmenon

roan101

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Usually when there are special circumstances (and moving to another country for sure is in this category) you can quit immediately or give much shorter notice. As another option, she could give a notice and take a vacation/unpaid leave at the same day with the same duration as the notice. Basically, no one can force a person to work if a person doesn't want to. If she moves to another country, I don't think her company is going to follow and sue her.

I'm not saying she needs to do something nasty to her job. I'm just saying there are some options if you really impatient to see her in Canada.
Always inform your employer that you will be leaving.That can be helpful in the future, if you need any help from your work history, reference, any paper.

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
Always inform your employer that you will be leaving.That can be helpful in the future, if you need any help from your work history, reference, any paper.
THIS. @vinitmenon do NOT give your wife @alaria 's advice. Especially when moving to a brand new country, she is going to need the references of bosses and co-workers especially of the most recent employer. Up and quitting, and even doing something so shitty like giving notice then using PTO time is bad and most likely is going to result in no recommendation or at least a good one, because those bridges would be burned. I'm sure she didn't work as hard or as long as she did to leave with nothing. I work in the medical field and my boss is already aware of my situation and I have always been honest since I was hired in 2016. I bust my ass there and my boss has told me that she wants me to stay there as long as possible but when the times comes she would like at least 1.5 months notice so she can find someone for me and my co-worker to train. She even was direct and said that if I didn't I wouldn't get a good recommendation. I'm not bothered by that comment or what someone would perceive as a threat, it's just honest business. You can't expect to get gold when you hand out shit. If a month's notice is what she needs to do, she can do it today or tomorrow. But do not have her sever her ties and leave on bad terms.

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
THIS. @vinitmenon do NOT give your wife @alaria 's advice. Especially when moving to a brand new country, she is going to need the references of bosses and co-workers especially of the most recent employer. Up and quitting, and even doing something so shitty like giving notice then using PTO time is bad and most likely is going to result in no recommendation or at least a good one, because those bridges would be burned. I'm sure she didn't work as hard or as long as she did to leave with nothing. I work in the medical field and my boss is already aware of my situation and I have always been honest since I was hired in 2016. I bust my ass there and my boss has told me that she wants me to stay there as long as possible but when the times comes she would like at least 1.5 months notice so she can find someone for me and my co-worker to train. She even was direct and said that if I didn't I wouldn't get a good recommendation. I'm not bothered by that comment or what someone would perceive as a threat, it's just honest business. You can't expect to get gold when you hand out shit. If a month's notice is what she needs to do, she can do it today or tomorrow. But do not have her sever her ties and leave on bad terms.
I agree with you. I wouldn’t allow her to quit without proper procedures. We would need references when she applies for job here. Its the only way to do. Ethics first. And we were together in jan-feb during our ritual marriage so she has used up all her leaves. Have waited 4 months for pr to process, can wait for 1 more month. And she also needs time to meet everyone at her home say proper good bye. She is the one leaving everything back home and moving to a new country. I will make sure she is comfortable with the move. No rush.

Reactions: MustLoveCats

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
I said there are options. If you like your job, if you think you'll need references, if you're not in a hurry to come to Canada - it's up to you to stay at your job as long as you want. But if you are in the opposite case, i.e. not needing references, not liking job, wanting to see your husband, or whatever - then there are options.
I've seen not once and not twice people giving a notice and taking a vacation at the same time (here in Canada, yes). I'd say I've seen it so many times I could say it's a trend.
I just gave advice, very generic one. And it's up to vinitmenon and his wife to decide what way they'll go. But your
do NOT give your wife @alaria 's advice.
it's like YOU directly decided what they need to do, straight-out, just based on your personal experience.

Reactions: Impatient1

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
I said there are options. If you like your job, if you think you'll need references, if you're not in a hurry to come to Canada - it's up to you to stay at your job as long as you want. But if you are in the opposite case, i.e. not needing references, not liking job, wanting to see your husband, or whatever - then there are options.
I've seen not once and not twice people giving a notice and taking a vacation at the same time (here in Canada, yes). I'd say I've seen it so many times I could say it's a trend.
I just gave advice, very generic one. And it's up to vinitmenon and his wife to decide what way they'll go. But your

it's like YOU directly decided what they need to do, straight-out, just based on your personal experience.
Every HR has different rules. In INDIA it’s different. Not every company allows you to take vacation time on notice period. And i agree with you, if one doesn’t care about ones job then they can walk out the same day. Ppl do that here in canada too. But its not good for future references.

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
I agree with you. I wouldn’t allow her to quit without proper procedures. We would need references when she applies for job here. Its the only way to do. Ethics first. And we were together in jan-feb during our ritual marriage so she has used up all her leaves. Have waited 4 months for pr to process, can wait for 1 more month. And she also needs time to meet everyone at her home say proper good bye. She is the one leaving everything back home and moving to a new country. I will make sure she is comfortable with the move. No rush.
I completely understand and agree. Especially with the 1 more month logic, and properly having a good-bye.

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016

I think everyone here wants to be with their spouse, but not everyone is a risk taker to just discard years of service at an employer when immigrants are faced with prejudice upon looking for work. What Canadians do with their up and quitting is different than an immigrant coming in. I can only imagine HR or the hiring staff would look down on the immigrants choices more. I said what I said because I do have HR experience and I work in administration. I have heard all the stories about how when an immigrant enters it is sometimes hard to find work, no one should be burning bridges just to get to Canada quicker just to be frowned upon for unethically leaving their last job. That's really not getting off on the right foot in a new country.

MustLoveCats

Jan 24, 2016
Every HR has different rules. In INDIA it’s different. Not every company allows you to take vacation time on notice period. And i agree with you, if one doesn’t care about ones job then they can walk out the same day. Ppl do that here in canada too. But its not good for future references.
Exactly. That's what I said in my response. If an immigrant does that upon entry that would make them look really bad as an candidate for whatever position they are wanting to apply for. Just using PTO the rest of the days is going to be frowned upon. I personally would cash my days out. As someone with HR experience it definitely does not look good to just up and quit for anyone anywhere because that will damage relations with future employers.

bhangu9192

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Doc's Request.
11-05-2019
Passport Req..
waiting
I shipped my additional documents thru Canada post and Been delivered and signed by B .wong but haven't got any update about it ..my due date is 5 of may. any idea, how long does they take to update Gckey or ecas?

does anyone else has the similar situation?