+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 onwards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR

flores

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
just have an inquiry, we applied PR last July 2019 and only waiting for DM,PPR or approval. Main applicant is under OINP employer worker stream, which means he is in a closed work permit. Can he apply OWP or BOWP? he has lots of opportunities now, there are 3 companies hiring him and He cannot take the job because of his status. If he apply for BOWP and PR not yet approved, what will happen can we extend the BOWP or OWP permit, or we just need to wait for our PR approval? Please advise. 25 months and still waiting and Hoping...dependents are all in Canada. Thank you in advance.

Canada_traderman

Mar 14, 2020
Toronto, ON
just have an inquiry, we applied PR last July 2019 and only waiting for DM,PPR or approval. Main applicant is under OINP employer worker stream, which means he is in a closed work permit. Can he apply OWP or BOWP? he has lots of opportunities now, there are 3 companies hiring him and He cannot take the job because of his status. If he apply for BOWP and PR not yet approved, what will happen can we extend the BOWP or OWP permit, or we just need to wait for our PR approval? Please advise. 25 months and still waiting and Hoping...dependents are all in Canada. Thank you in advance.
No he can’t apply for for OWP or BOWP. Nobody cares about lost time, opportunities etc. This is clear slavery of 21st century. I can’t understand why nobody is talking about breaking human rights here..

Reactions: Seeker2020

maturk

Jun 18, 2021
I am not an expert, but it is worth the try. Call IRCC (1-888-242-2100) and inquire about this issue. They will provide you with a good answer. If you are not satisfied, call again and check with another agent. Ask them to send you some links that can help you understand the process and how to apply if this is possible.

You can also make some investment and try to consult an attorney. If the new opportunities are better than your current job, you can spend some money on attorney as a last resort.

Reactions: VPG

Canada_traderman

Mar 14, 2020
Toronto, ON
I am not an expert, but it is worth the try. Call IRCC (1-888-242-2100) and inquire about this issue. They will provide you with a good answer. If you are not satisfied, call again and check with another agent. Ask them to send you some links that can help you understand the process and how to apply if this is possible.

You can also make some investment and try to consult an attorney. If the new opportunities are better than your current job, you can spend some money on attorney as a last resort.
Why are you recommending something that can possibly hurt them? They clearly mentioned that PA applied for PR under OINP employer stream. His work permit tied up to his employer, position, NOC, location and even salary level. It’s all condition of nomination. Once you change any of those your nomination is no longer valid and you don’t have a right for PR. This has been chewed on this forum 100000 times and you sit tight and don’t do anything except keeping silence and working until you get your PR status.

soccer_007

Oct 7, 2020
Why are you recommending something that can possibly hurt them? They clearly mentioned that PA applied for PR under OINP employer stream. His work permit tied up to his employer, position, NOC, location and even salary level. It’s all condition of nomination. Once you change any of those your nomination is no longer valid and you don’t have a right for PR. This has been chewed on this forum 100000 times and you sit tight and don’t do anything except keeping silence and working until you get your PR status.
@Canada_traderman Hi expert...What if a person gets a promotion in the workplace. What do you do reject?? Does it need to be advise to the province?? Clarify..

Canada_traderman

Mar 14, 2020
Toronto, ON
@Canada_traderman Hi expert...What if a person gets a promotion in the workplace. What do you do reject?? Does it need to be advise to the province?? Clarify..
I’m not expert. I’m using official instructions on OINP or IRCC web site . Regarding your particular question about promotion:

“…Your employer may offer you a promotion. You will need to notify the OINP and submit a revised job offer signed by you and your employer, your current work permit and your two most recent pay slips. If necessary, the OINP will issue you an updated work permit support letter indicating the new position…”

Again, it’s not my guesses pulled out of my a$$, this is the source:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream

Canada_traderman

Mar 14, 2020
Toronto, ON
I’m not expert. I’m using official instructions on OINP or IRCC web site . Regarding your particular question about promotion:

“…Your employer may offer you a promotion. You will need to notify the OINP and submit a revised job offer signed by you and your employer, your current work permit and your two most recent pay slips. If necessary, the OINP will issue you an updated work permit support letter indicating the new position…”

Again, it’s not my guesses pulled out of my a$$, this is the source:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream
And you need to understand that all of this will trigger delays in your application and increase your wait times significantly. It’s always advisable not to do any moves until you get your PR. Of course, if you received 10000% pay increase then I would think about it, but otherwise you need to ask yourself if it’s worth the risk being put on hold for no one knows how long because of their bureaucracy and ignorance.

Reactions: ipaykwai

maturk

Jun 18, 2021
I really don't understand your attitude. I did not recommend applying. I just suggest inquiring. If you are not an expert, I know I am not, then let whoever has asked to seek an expert advice, like an attorney or even ask the IRCC.

Canada_traderman

Mar 14, 2020
Toronto, ON
I really don't understand your attitude. I did not recommend applying. I just suggest inquiring. If you are not an expert, I know I am not, then let whoever has asked to seek an expert advice, like an attorney or even ask the IRCC.
There’s nothing about attitude. They can seek advice wherever they want to. I was referring to your recommendation or suggestion (whoever you want to call it) that contacting IRCC and telling them that you have intentions to abandon your employer which you are tied to - isn’t very smart idea. If you do not understand that closed work permit was designed SPECIFICALLY to tie you up - I can not explain you anything then.

DIRECTLY FROM OINP WEB SITE:

• you must continue to be employed in the approved position of your job offer until you receive permanent residence. The following terms of the job offer must be maintained:
    • position title and duties
    • wage
    • hours of work
    • work location
You must notify the OINP if there is a change in the nature of your employment, including any of the above.

Sean Wu

May 26, 2019
FINALLY OUR JOURNEY IS OVER, NOW PR, DECISION MADE
GOLDEN EMAIL-At last we became PR of Canada…. Even with two HIV+ family members…….

We learnt a lot of lessons from this platform (Canadavisa). There are lessons to learn from our case and I provide our timeline below.

Type: Provincial nomination (MPNP) paper-based application
AR: May 2019
AOR: June 2019
PAL: Dec 2019
MR: Dec 2019. Medical was done and two of my family members were HIV positive.
Furtherance medical: Feb 2020, IRCC requested for further tests for the two persons. The tests were TB (IGRA Test) and Hep B and C. All the results came out negative for the two persons. Results were sent to IRCC
May 2020: We detected an unintentional mistake in our IMM5669 form for three members of the family. We mistakenly answered “No” to Question 6d (Have you, or, if you are the principal applicant, and of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada, ever been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?). My wife and children had been denied Canada visa before.
May 2020: Immediately, we filled another IMM5669, wrote a polite letter of explanation (signed) and we sent everything to IRCC via webform and we sent hard copies by courier to Sydney. We boldly wrote our application number (EPXXXXXXXX) on all the new IMM5669 forms and letter of explanation.
August 12, 2021: We a wrote a passionate letter to IRCC to please finalize our application. We wrote to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
August 12, 2021
: We PASSED Eligibility, Security, Criminality and Medical less than 24 hours after our letter
August 13, 2021: Decision Made and COPR

Lessons: HIV+ is not a barrier to becoming PR in Canada if the cost of treatment is below 3x the Canada threshold. If you are confused about anything, call IRCC or send online webform for guidance. Always keep hard copy of your applicantion and go over again and again to see if you made any costly mistake. If you find any mistake, write polite letter of explanation(signed) to IRCC and submit the correction via webform. Everything should be fine. Never wait for IRCC to see your costly mistake first. I benefitted a lot from this forum.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU…….
Congrats. Would you share some passionate letter?

Aman86sinp

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
FINALLY OUR JOURNEY IS OVER, NOW PR, DECISION MADE
GOLDEN EMAIL-At last we became PR of Canada…. Even with two HIV+ family members…….

We learnt a lot of lessons from this platform (Canadavisa). There are lessons to learn from our case and I provide our timeline below.

Type: Provincial nomination (MPNP) paper-based application
AR: May 2019
AOR: June 2019
PAL: Dec 2019
MR: Dec 2019. Medical was done and two of my family members were HIV positive.
Furtherance medical: Feb 2020, IRCC requested for further tests for the two persons. The tests were TB (IGRA Test) and Hep B and C. All the results came out negative for the two persons. Results were sent to IRCC
May 2020: We detected an unintentional mistake in our IMM5669 form for three members of the family. We mistakenly answered “No” to Question 6d (Have you, or, if you are the principal applicant, and of your family members listed in your application for permanent residence in Canada, ever been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?). My wife and children had been denied Canada visa before.
May 2020: Immediately, we filled another IMM5669, wrote a polite letter of explanation (signed) and we sent everything to IRCC via webform and we sent hard copies by courier to Sydney. We boldly wrote our application number (EPXXXXXXXX) on all the new IMM5669 forms and letter of explanation.
August 12, 2021: We a wrote a passionate letter to IRCC to please finalize our application. We wrote to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
August 12, 2021
: We PASSED Eligibility, Security, Criminality and Medical less than 24 hours after our letter
August 13, 2021: Decision Made and COPR

Lessons: HIV+ is not a barrier to becoming PR in Canada if the cost of treatment is below 3x the Canada threshold. If you are confused about anything, call IRCC or send online webform for guidance. Always keep hard copy of your applicantion and go over again and again to see if you made any costly mistake. If you find any mistake, write polite letter of explanation(signed) to IRCC and submit the correction via webform. Everything should be fine. Never wait for IRCC to see your costly mistake first. I benefitted a lot from this forum.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU…….
Congratulations….. can I ask u one question why did email to ottawa cic??? Was your file was there??? My AOR is July 2019 still waiting for DM.. my file is in Sydney NS and couldn’t find email for Sydney NS cic

RitClem

Jul 17, 2021
Congratulations….. can I ask u one question why did email to ottawa cic??? Was your file was there??? My AOR is July 2019 still waiting for DM.. my file is in Sydney NS and couldn’t find email for Sydney NS cic
My GCMS note shows that my file was in Ottawa. Look at your GCMS and Search for Secondary Office. That is where they are processing your application.

Last edited:

Sean Wu

May 26, 2019
Letter Sample
Dear Officer,
I have a PR Application-EP00XXXXXXX under processing. The AOR date is (Month) 2019. It is now -------- months that I submitted the application and the application is 100% complete on the IRCC portal. I will be glad if IRCC gives us update on the status of the application.
We will be glad if this application is concluded before the schools resume in September because we are paying international students' school fees on our children and the cost is overwhelming for the family. We have diligently worked and we are consistently contributing our bit to Canadian economy, and we will continue to do so.

Please, treat our application as a priority.

Thank you.
Thanks.