+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 onwards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR

biddy0560

Oct 16, 2020
Hi, everyone I was just reading that in 2012 people had to start a petition for backlog. The wiped out 280000 applications from backlog being not processed . Was thinking if we all should start petition to have them prioritise backlog before we have to meet the same fate . It never happened as there was a huge protest to stop it .Any thoughts ?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/backlog-wipeout-will-close-thousands-of-immigration-applications-1.1171403
I think this was a different scenario back then but we can raise awareness about this situation. This waiting is just too distressing. Please anyone can recommend how we can raise awareness on this. Not sure if both outlander and inlanders are majorly affected. I am inland and everything has been passed but still waiting for DM. Please let us contribute to this suggestion but we should not bring fear to people. We have had enough stress already.

Reactions: tmsw and kkaran01

Macot73

Apr 15, 2018
What can we do now? What if they just hold our applications for 4-5 years and then kick us out of the country like that? If anyone knows anything we can do, we should just do whatever to protect ourselves.
We stay here with a no-development opportunity job and can quit for better job. This is so terrible and unfair.
i have same time line as you , martch 2019 AR ! i am inland aplicant with 3 outland dependant , my application is on old because of outland dependant ......
I don't understand why IRCC doesn't give DM to you ...... your all familly are inland ...WHY ... maybe IRCC doesn't like familly ....
I was thinking to bring my familly in Canada to get quickly DM ......but I am lost !!!!!!!

Antra

Star Member
Apr 20, 2021
Hi folks!
I did upfront medical for for whole family and now I got medical request for me (PA) only . Should I go through it again or I can provide the same EMI sheet? Please guide.
and also should it be sent for me of my dependents too?

Optimall

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Hi
I applied for permanent residence application for my siblings through family class sponsorship on the 8 of June since the receipt of my application I have not heard a word from the embassy what could be the issue and how long is the processing Time. It's over 18months now
What family sponsorship qualifies for siblings and do they have to be under 18?

AiMiNguyen

Nov 28, 2020
i have same time line as you , martch 2019 AR ! i am inland aplicant with 3 outland dependant , my application is on old because of outland dependant ......
I don't understand why IRCC doesn't give DM to you ...... your all familly are inland ...WHY ... maybe IRCC doesn't like familly ....
I was thinking to bring my familly in Canada to get quickly DM ......but I am lost !!!!!!!
I have been talking to someone that has the same timeline, she is inland with no dependant, but still has not get DM. So I think it is just random to some unlucky applications.

Jolybeam

Apr 3, 2021
Guys, Shelby the editor of Canada news started an investigation into the cases of inland people people with out-land spouses whose PR approval has been delayed because of the travel restriction. as at last week she called for a media section with IRCC and she contacted me on Monday to let me know she will be publishing our story.
So if you or anyone you know that signed that petition is contacted for an interview please for the sake of those in our condition: those of us that have out-land dependents in our PR application please give them the opportunity to interview you and state our petition clearly. I will be having my interview with her this Wednesday and i will be speaking FACTs. lets make the issue go as public as much as possible. Thank you everyone

Shak1234

Aug 22, 2020
I had a question a coworker of mine his wife got her 2nd medical request which is outland and due to ongoing situation in India she is not able to get ealier date and the date on which she had an appointment is her period week and her medical letter gonna expire same week any suggestion how they proceed. As per he said they requested a lot to IOM but they are changing the date not earlier not later due to the ongoing situation