+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 onwards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR

Seth3

Mar 4, 2019
just want to know if you apply for canadian emergency response benefit due to covid-19, will that affect PR application for inland applicant?
if you are laid off because of covid 19 or you are not working you should apply for cerb. My company also laid off lots of employees temporarily because of this and i ask 2,3 immigration lawyer and they said there are lots of immigrants who get laid off so there are lots of people in the same boat. They said it will not effect pr application as long as we continue working after everything get normal so i also applied for Ei and my other friends did too.

Reactions: soledad and pat40

Jazz007

Mar 13, 2020
if you are laid off because of covid 19 or you are not working you should apply for cerb. My company also laid off lots of employees temporarily because of this and i ask 2,3 immigration lawyer and they said there are lots of immigrants who get laid off so there are lots of people in the same boat. They said it will not effect pr application as long as we continue working after everything get normal so i also applied for Ei and my other friends did too.
can i work somewhere else untill we start back with our normal job through which i applied for pr?
Plz help

Seth3

Mar 4, 2019
can i work somewhere else untill we start back with our normal job through which i applied for pr?
Plz help
you can if you are on open work permit but remember you will not be eligible for ei or cerb if you are getting any sort of income.

manojsax

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
This is for everyone including foreign workers snd students. So it’s not gonna make any adverse affect on PR. Let me clear one thing here that Lay off from job means that you are still on pay toll and company sending the details every two weeks to service Canada about the the employees who are on pay role of company and still company is unable to give them the job For which they are entitled and also that the employee is not working anywhere else. And the employee will join the work as soon as company call him back. And there was a time limit to get EI or any other benefit from govt.
There are multiple parts of incorrect information/facts in your post.
If you are laid off (as against furloughed that is still on company payrolls but on leave without pay/benefits) then your clock of 90 day period to find a new employer starts ticking). And you are expected to be out of status unless you find the same job or apply for 'implied status'.
If you are on furlough as explained above, you are good, only for the period that your employer says after few months that you are actually laid off. Then your 90 day period begins as explained above.
And EI is not for all. EI is available for people who actually pay employment insurance. Check out your paystub or talk to your employer.

**I am not trying to fearmonger people** I am trying to clarify how I understand the situation. Feel free to disagree.

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
There are multiple parts of incorrect information/facts in your post.
If you are laid off (as against furloughed that is still on company payrolls but on leave without pay/benefits) then your clock of 90 day period to find a new employer starts ticking). And you are expected to be out of status unless you find the same job or apply for 'implied status'.
If you are on furlough as explained above, you are good, only for the period that your employer says after few months that you are actually laid off. Then your 90 day period begins as explained above.
And EI is not for all. EI is available for people who actually pay employment insurance. Check out your paystub or talk to your employer.

**I am not trying to fearmonger people** I am trying to clarify how I understand the situation. Feel free to disagree.
You are wrong sir.