Med's Request
13-12-2021
Med's Done....
08-01-2022
Passport Req..
16-05-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2022
Do you have any idea how long it takes for background checks and eligibility check?
No one have any exact idea how long it takes but it depends on case by case. No of dependents, any abroad travel history, delay on employer response on our experience... etc. and of course the no of applications pending.

sijoalex

May 22, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-04-2019
Doc's Request.
25-02-2022
Nomination.....
10-04-2019
AOR Received.
06-06-2019
File Transfer...
13-07-2019
Med's Request
13-12-2021
Med's Done....
08-01-2022
Passport Req..
16-05-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2022
Hi,
Yesterday I uploaded my new passport copy on IRCC Webform with all application details but not find any changes or activity on my account.

it is Normal and how long it will take for an update.
Probably within a week you will get an email from cic saying that they got your attachment and will be update in your application or send to your local visa office.

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Does any one else completion percentage increase? Do they increase it every week? Mine was 54% now its 56%..
Percentage of completion is in regards to the time your application was received and the 18 months processing time given for each PNP application.

mm78

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
Please help. I was nominated by Ontario as a graduate stream and submitted a paper application (I received AOR in August). Since the AOR date, it says "we are reviewing your eligibility" and also "we are processing your background check". My questions are
1-since eligibility was done by Ontario, do the federal government also check eligibility?
2- How do I know if I passed eligibility, background check, security?. Should I call IRCC to check?

Last edited:
Reactions: Rishab mehta

aazmhd

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
We are waiting for our MPNP approval, and have a question regards to WES. Do we need to get our educational documents assessment through WES for paper-based PR application? Kindly let us know. One of our acquaintance said so! Thanks.

hemdan

Oct 15, 2018
Category........
PNP
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28/08/2018
Nomination.....
19/02/2019
AOR Received.
28/05/2019
File Transfer...
24/07/2019
I have been nominated by Manitoba, and my spouse's IELTS was not necessary. I will contact them
You have been nominated by which province? Normally ielts is mandatory for principal applicants only, if you submit spouse's ielts then you will get additional points other wise you don't. If your nominated province didn't asked for it, you can inform that to your visa officer by calling them. May be while checking the eligibility they may found that your spouse's ielts is also needed for being eligible that could be a reason they ask for that. Better call them explain your situation.

hemdan

Oct 15, 2018
Category........
PNP
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28/08/2018
Nomination.....
19/02/2019
AOR Received.
28/05/2019
File Transfer...
24/07/2019
It is really strange that they asked IELTS result from your spouse. I propose you to contact a consultant...
I know it is very strange. I will contact them.

hemdan

Oct 15, 2018
Category........
PNP
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28/08/2018
Nomination.....
19/02/2019
AOR Received.
28/05/2019
File Transfer...
24/07/2019
Contact IELTS registration office and show them received IRCC letter and request for giving an early date, otherwise ask them to issue a letter saying, "IELTS exam appointment dates are not available before 18 Jan 2020, which can help you to explain IRCC agent.
I will contact them and try that.

Rishab mehta

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Please help. I was nominated by Ontario as a graduate stream and submitted a paper application (I received AOR in August). Since the AOR date, it says "we are reviewing your eligibility" and also "we are processing your background check". My questions are
1-since eligibility was done by Ontario, do the federal government also check eligibility?
2- How do I know if I passed eligibility, background check, security?. Should I call IRCC to check?
PNP applicants are usually not checker for eligibility This is because a province has nominated you through their internal mechanism, thereby in a way giving them eligibility, and the role of IRCC greatly decreases, unlike FSW, CEC and other application where IRCC has to review every detail to ensure that the applicant meets the program requirement. You are pre-eligible and since Ontario nominated, you criminality is also almost passed, just security screeing will apply to you, in background check.

Rishab mehta

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
And for the second Questation the best way to check is call them, and ask them thats what the status.

mm78

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
PNP applicants are usually not checker for eligibility This is because a province has nominated you through their internal mechanism, thereby in a way giving them eligibility, and the role of IRCC greatly decreases, unlike FSW, CEC and other application where IRCC has to review every detail to ensure that the applicant meets the program requirement. You are pre-eligible and since Ontario nominated, you criminality is also almost passed, just security screeing will apply to you, in background check.
Thank you a lot Rishab. My time line is AR July 2019 and AOR is Aug 2019. Do you think that if I call IRCC, they will tell me whuch stage is my application in?.

Reactions: Rishab mehta

Rishab mehta

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Thank you a lot Rishab. My time line is AR July 2019 and AOR is Aug 2019. Do you think that if I call IRCC, they will tell me whuch stage is my application in?.
they will answer but usually they give very generic answer.But try serveral time to ask them.

Good Luck

Bob123123

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Hi All,
my Immigration representative(agency ) who is handling my case told me that that the PR will take maximum 5-6 Month for PNP nominated application with Job offer ?
I was nominated by the province and i have a job offer . i submitted a paper-based application .

I need your kind support in some questions for people who have been through the same situation:
1)my question :Is this true ?because the CIC and most of the forums are stating that it will take long time ?

2)In the paper-based PR checklist {IMM 5690}IS VERY CLEAR.in some forums people was saying that applicants should include their job offer in the list of document ,However the checklist is clear and it there is nothing mentioned in the form stating that i should submit the Job offer letter (its is clearly saying confirmation of nomination letter ).check the list below :
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5690e.pdf

3)the PR Checklist {IMM 5690} they mentioned that all the forms to be submitted as original (not scanned ).However ,my Immigration rep is located in Canada ,therefor he sent me the form {5476e use of representative )scanned over the email and then i signed it with my wife and attached it tot he list of the forms.
My question is : are they going to me it a big a deal? or you have experience similar thing and thing went well ?