+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 onwards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR

2pure

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Hello Guys
I have a question
I applied for the work permit extension
Does we need to attach the PNP certificate and Acknowledgment Receipt?
There was no option to upload this documents when I applied for the WP.
Yes you have to. Else you'll be refused

NavDhillon95

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
Hi everyone,

My open work permit is expiring on oct 3, 2020 and my husband work permit is also expiring on the same day. I am gonna apply for bridging open work permit for myself but i m confused how i can apply for my husband extension as well in one application and the other question is i changed my job in july i have not updated my job to ainp and cic yet. My nomination has a employer name on it but on the employment restrictions section its say no. I am worried now because as i have to get my husband work permit extension i have to submit my 3 pay stubs and before doing that i think i have to inform ainp and cic about my job change. Please help me out.

Thanks

maurmore13

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Hi everyone,

My open work permit is expiring on oct 3, 2020 and my husband work permit is also expiring on the same day. I am gonna apply for bridging open work permit for myself but i m confused how i can apply for my husband extension as well in one application and the other question is i changed my job in july i have not updated my job to ainp and cic yet. My nomination has a employer name on it but on the employment restrictions section its say no. I am worried now because as i have to get my husband work permit extension i have to submit my 3 pay stubs and before doing that i think i have to inform ainp and cic about my job change. Please help me out.

Thanks
My advice for you is to contact your MP Member of parliament at your location. Ask for an appointment and he/she will guide you.... its free

NavDhillon95

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
My advice for you is to contact your MP Member of parliament at your location. Ask for an appointment and he/she will guide you.... its free
I know one of the MP in calgary, she is my good friend. Can you please explain like what kind of help i can seek from her and what i can ask her.

Thanks!

maurmore13

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
you can ask MP the same question you asked here.... she will give more comprehensive advice. They help people in this kind of situations!

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Hi everyone,

Thanks
If the employment restrictions says 'no', that's ok to have employer and/or noc values.

Check this manual from CIC webpage: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/provincial-nominees-permanent-resident-applicants/bridging-open-work-permits.html --> Look for 'Determining if nomination has employment restrictions', there you gonna have this:

Provinces and territories may include an employer or the name of the occupation and the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code and still indicate that there are no employment restrictions. In these cases, the applicants are eligible for an open work permit, provided they meet the other eligibility criteria. A separate letter from the applicant or the nominating province to confirm that no employment restrictions exist should not be requested.

I also indicate to read all the manual as it will have all the requirements, and how the officer is supposed to evaluate your application.

NavDhillon95

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
If the employment restrictions says 'no', that's ok to have employer and/or noc values.

Check this manual from CIC webpage: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/provincial-nominees-permanent-resident-applicants/bridging-open-work-permits.html --> Look for 'Determining if nomination has employment restrictions', there you gonna have this:

Provinces and territories may include an employer or the name of the occupation and the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code and still indicate that there are no employment restrictions. In these cases, the applicants are eligible for an open work permit, provided they meet the other eligibility criteria. A separate letter from the applicant or the nominating province to confirm that no employment restrictions exist should not be requested.

I also indicate to read all the manual as it will have all the requirements, and how the officer is supposed to evaluate your application.
I read this i can apply for bridging open permit but problem is my husband’s work permit extension for that i have to provide job letter and 3 pay stubs as i changed my job in july its a same noc job its just different employer and i have to notify ainp and cic because if i will provide pay stubs of my new job for my husband open work permit extension then will be like why i didnt inform them about the job change.

Thanks!