+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Can you please guide me where this is mentioned? It didn't state so on the oath email.
Indeed not but it’s something I’ve been told many times including at my own interview. Can’t seem to find a reference on the IRCC website yet though.

Shakir

Jan 21, 2014
Passed test and interview on 21st Jan. and ECAS changed to "decision made" this morning. The officer told us to expect oath invitation in 2 to 4 weeks.

Reactions: jc94

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I know it might be different for each case, but I thought this could give you an idea: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/num-of-guests-citizenship-ceremony-in-montreal.561432/ ( As he said: "I received today the oath email. It says I can only bring two guests.")

Good luck
Yeah, the only thing I can seem to confirm is that it definitely seems to vary by office. I have 2-3 people coming, one said they were going to come but I already had asked other, I said welcome to come but you may have to wait outside and they said it would be fine - but then their most recent oath (last year for a family member) was in a different office (Brampton or something).

There's a thread here about someone who said it should be fine they were only taking 12 people. That seems excessive to me. Just be aware and clear to people coming that not everyone may get in. And if taking more than 2 people maybe try and ensure you don't block other peoples single or two guests getting in?

cursor18

May 31, 2015
Hey Congrats!! How difficult was the test? I have mine on Wed and I am just wondering what kinda questions did you get?
The test is easy only because people study/do few online tests etc. If you dont study for it, obv it would be difficult
That being said, I only read (just read, not memorized) the book everyday in my last week and did few online quizzes to get a feel of the questions. Found it super easy. Couple of date questions and rest were straight from the book. No trick questions
Just read, read and you will be good. All the best

Last edited:

anita.saini

Jul 26, 2019
l6X2Z1
Visa Office......
Toronto
The test is easy only because people study/do few online tests etc. If you dont study for it, obv it would be difficult
That being said, I only read (just read, not memorized) the book everyday in my last week and did few online quizzes to get a feel of the questions. Found it super easy. Couple of date questions and rest were straight form the book. No trick questions
Yeah I have been reading book and taking online practice tests.. I am not very good at memorizing history stuff like years and stuff so that make me pretty nervous.. Thank you for your reply :)

2001fb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
That being said, I only read (just read, not memorized) the book everyday in my last week and did few online quizzes to get a feel of the questions. Found it super easy. Couple of date questions and rest were straight from the book. No trick questions
Just read, read and you will be good. All the best

Just wondering how were you notified for the oath? thanks

2001fb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
Yeah I have been reading book and taking online practice tests.. I am not very good at memorizing history stuff like years and stuff so that make me pretty nervous.. Thank you for your reply :)

Obviously, nobody knows exactly which questions you are going to get, yet, usually it is from 0 to 3 questions with dates, names, etc... ( by what i have heard and read)

So, that should not be of much concern. Just keep reading the book and do some online practice and you should be fine.

Reactions: anita.saini

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-08-2014
Nomination.....
27-11-2014
Med's Request
24 jan 2015
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
22 june 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30 june 2015
Hi All,

Passed the test yesterday with 20/20 at Mississauga . Status changed to Decision made on 24th. Officer said dont be surprised if you get oath letter soon :) They are expediting the applications.

Please update.
Thanks.