Thank you so much and hope you all get your citizenship soon

ksleepwalker

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Hello everyone,

Sorry forgot to update.

On Dec 16 2019 I received a notice to appear for test.
Today Jan 15 2020 was the test.
Test Passed 20/20. No interview was conducted (mississauga).
Awaiting change on ECAS and notice of oath.

Thanks.

egyed

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Same.. I am also waiting for the test invite from Jan 2019 Applicant list.. I got my GCMS notes, and Security has been passed.. All other eligibility not started as of Dec 12..2019.
I called CIC and they said if I don't hear from them till next week I should call again so they can send a message to the local office. I'm not sure if such a message would help move things forward. Anyone else passed the 12 months processing time with no communication from their local office? TIA

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Got this via the web portal, wasn't there yesterday...

We sent you a notice on January 14, 2020 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 7, 2020 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Despite getting ALL other comms from AOR, FP and Test via email nothing in my email or spam on this. Is it normal to get this one via snail mail? Just re-checking my mail box and nothing there yet.

cursor18

May 31, 2015
Got this via the web portal, wasn't there yesterday...

We sent you a notice on January 14, 2020 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 7, 2020 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Despite getting ALL other comms from AOR, FP and Test via email nothing in my email or spam on this. Is it normal to get this one via snail mail? Just re-checking my mail box and nothing there yet.
Yup its a possibility. Sometimes they send via snail mail if its a special ceremony (open to public etc)
Or simply because their pdf email generation system is overloaded

Congrats, one step to finish line!

Reactions: jc94

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Yup its a possibility. Sometimes they send via snail mail if its a special ceremony (open to public etc)

Weird, okay thanks will keep you updated!

anita.saini

Jul 26, 2019
l6X2Z1
Visa Office......
Toronto
I called CIC and they said if I don't hear from them till next week I should call again so they can send a message to the local office. I'm not sure if such a message would help move things forward. Anyone else passed the 12 months processing time with no communication from their local office? TIA
Hi ,

I have applied on Jan 6th and last communication I had was in April for fingerprints, Which I submitted the very next day.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016

Been posted in the Scarborough thread as well but IRCC claims it was sent my email. I did not get it. They are going to send an email with what to bring and confirmed address and said that should all be fine, but can't re-send the notice.

Weird, but as long as I get the certificate that's the main thing. I'm definitely not the only one to have had this happen!

ssudarjothi

Star Member
May 5, 2015
Jan 2019 applicant -- Finally got my test invite today 01/16, my test is on 01/25, . Timelines in my signature below.

name: ssudarjothi. Please update the spreadsheet with the details.

line#125 in the spreadsheet Jan 2019.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hello everyone,

My journey has finally come to an end. I am officially Canadian now
Admin please update the sheet
I got my oath letter on December 30
Ceremony date was on January 14
Thank you so much and hope you all get your citizenship soon
Congratulations!

Hi ,

I have applied on Jan 6th and last communication I had was in April for fingerprints, Which I submitted the very next day.
I would submit a web form. I did this about upcoming vacation in November and suddenly got a test invite. I had got my FP request early May.

Update: Decision Made on Jan 16th.
Congrats!

Reactions: ksleepwalker

Lili3

Mar 15, 2019
Brampton
Category........
AOR Received.
Test date invitation : December 18 ,2019
Test date: january 14, 2020
Dm : january 15,2020
Oath invitation date: january 16,2020
Oath ceremony : january 30, 2020
Brampton applicant
Please update

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
Finally got my test invitation. :)
Has been a long wait but I am glad i got it with in the stipulated time (1 year)

Please update:
Test Invitation Date : January 16, 2020
Test Date: January 28, 2020
Test Centre: Mississauga