+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I know a lot of people would have vented but my application has been cleared since September and still no test/interview call.
I don't know why the inefficiency/bias with Mississauga applicants. :S
What do you mean cleared? My FP request “cleared” May 23rd and I got test invite Nov 18.

BunnyB

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26 2014
Doc's Request.
received procedural fairness letter
AOR Received.
May 06 2014 , AOR2 Jun 03 2014
File Transfer...
May 08 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 22 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 30, 2014
LANDED..........
01 Dec 2014
Hello admin,

Please add me to the spreadsheet. Thank you.

App sent Jan 18 2019
App received Jan 25 2019
AOR March 25
IP April 10
Test invite Dec 17
Test date Jan 07 2020
Single
Scarborough
Presence day 1498

Reactions: jabrillo

Wik.haider

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
What do you mean cleared? My FP request “cleared” May 23rd and I got test invite Nov 18.
I had already been fingerprinted so they didn't require it from me.

Anyway by clearing I meant I called CIC in Sept to ask how to change my address as I was moving. At that point the agent confirmed my file was complete, all checks were done and now they are just waiting for an interview slot. :D
4 months later, we are still at that.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I had already been fingerprinted so they didn't require it from me.

Anyway by clearing I meant I called CIC in Sept to ask how to change my address as I was moving. At that point the agent confirmed my file was complete, all checks were done and now they are just waiting for an interview slot. :D
4 months later, we are still at that.
Right well my indication was all done May 23. As I called in June to check FP had been received and all.

Even if you rang Sept 1st we’re not quite 4 months. When was your application actually received? If it’s within 12 months...

And to be honest, moving (as well as FP technically) likely moves you into the non routine timescale.

Wik.haider

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Right well my indication was all done May 23. As I called in June to check FP had been received and all.

Even if you rang Sept 1st we’re not quite 4 months. When was your application actually received? If it’s within 12 months...

And to be honest, moving (as well as FP technically) likely moves you into the non routine timescale.
Surprise surprise.. I just got the test invitation email. Seems like they are monitoring the forum. Khekhe.
BTW I am a Jan applicant which is why i'm posting here.

Ops, kindly update my details on the spreadsheet:
Interview/Test invite date: Today, 18th December
Test date: 9th January

GraceMc05

Jan 17, 2019
Hello Admin,

Please update:
Oath Letter Date: November 27, 2019
Oath Ceremony: December 17, 2019
Citizenship Application Status: Complete

Goodluck to all January Applicants who are still in process.

pengw

Dec 5, 2019
Surprise surprise.. I just got the test invitation email. Seems like they are monitoring the forum. Khekhe.

Surprise as well. Are you in Vancouver?

Finally we got it, after waiting for 8 months
App sent Jan 18 2019
App received Jan 22 2019
AOR March 22
IP April 1
Test invite Dec 18
Test date Jan 08 2020
Family
Vancouver

jc94

Mar 14, 2016

Haha nice one! I got mine the day after they acknowledged my request for travel dates ;)

Sorry I see so many posts from people in wrong threads am often not sure (or able to always check) an applicants timeline :)

Good luck!

Reactions: Wik.haider

zasalamel

Feb 6, 2014
Toronto
Hi. I need some advice regarding my citizenship application. I have my citizenship test scheduled for January 3, 2020 at the Scarborough location as indicated by my test invite letter. I will be really grateful.

App. Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1095
App. Sent: Jan 5, 2019
App Delivered: Jan 9, 2019
AOR: Mar 15, 2019
In Process: April 11, 2019
Test Invite letter: Dec 13, 2019
Test/Interview date: Jan 3, 2020

The problem I need help with is that I booked a ticket to fly out of Canada and visit my parents on January 21, 2019 and I will be returning March 19, 2020. When I made the flight reservation in November 2019, I was under the impression that since my application processing started in April 2019 and it takes a year or longer for the processing to take place, I will not be receiving any updates before April 2020. However, now I have my test on January 3, 2020. I cannot cancel my ticket since it is quite expensive and not flexible. I am worried what if I pass the test, get the DM and then receive a date for the oath taking in my absence. What should I do? Should I inform IRCC about my travel plans after taking the test and receiving the DM? Should I ask the person during my interview? Please advise. Thank you.

Last edited:

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hi. I need some advice regarding my citizenship application. I have my citizenship test scheduled for January 3, 2019 at the Scarborough location as indicated by my test invite letter. I will be really grateful.

Test/Interview date: Jan 3, 2019

The problem I need help with is that I booked a ticket to fly out of Canada and visit my parents on January 21, 2019 and I will be returning March 19, 2020. When I made the flight reservation in November 2019, I was under the impression that since my application processing started in April 2019 and it takes a year or longer for the processing to take place, I will not be receiving any updates before April 2020. However, now I have my test on January 3, 2019. I cannot cancel my ticket since it is quite expensive and not flexible. I am worried what if I pass the test, get the DM and then receive a date for the oath taking in my absence. What should I do? Should I inform IRCC about my travel plans after taking the test and receiving the DM? Should I ask the person during my interview? Please advise. Thank you.
I assume you mean Jan 3rd 2020. The entire process from received to DM is an average of 12 months. Some faster, some slower. You are on track to just make 12 months.

You are meant to inform IRCC about any travel over 2 weeks once AoR. In your case, given dates listed just tell them at the test about your travel.

I told IRCC about my travel via webform, got a test invite for before this, and told them (again) about the travel at the interview and she wrote it on the form.

Reactions: zasalamel

KKE

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Hi. I need some advice regarding my citizenship application. I have my citizenship test scheduled for January 3, 2019 at the Scarborough location as indicated by my test invite letter. I will be really grateful.

Test/Interview date: Jan 3, 2019

The problem I need help with is that I booked a ticket to fly out of Canada and visit my parents on January 21, 2019 and I will be returning March 19, 2020. When I made the flight reservation in November 2019, I was under the impression that since my application processing started in April 2019 and it takes a year or longer for the processing to take place, I will not be receiving any updates before April 2020. However, now I have my test on January 3, 2019. I cannot cancel my ticket since it is quite expensive and not flexible. I am worried what if I pass the test, get the DM and then receive a date for the oath taking in my absence. What should I do? Should I inform IRCC about my travel plans after taking the test and receiving the DM? Should I ask the person during my interview? Please advise. Thank you.
Tell them at the interview, you might be offered next day Oath or a few days after ( Scarborough has been doing so recently for some). You can then apply for your passport, you can pay for expedited processing ($50 extra) to pick it up in 5 business days.

If they do not offer you a date, they will note down your travel dates and send you an invite outside of those dates. So either way, your travel will not be compromised.

Reactions: zasalamel

luanabs

Apr 15, 2016
Good news!!!
I’ve finally heard from CIC. I got an email today saying that my test will be January 9th 2020. Please update.

My office is in Kitchener.

Thank you so much :)

Last edited:
Reactions: GraceCan and jc94