+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

sssahoo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Hello forum members, I attended my oath ceremony, and I am now officially a Canadian. The whole process took about 11 months for me. Barring the wait for about 6months after fingerprints request, the process was fairly smooth. I wish good luck to those who are still waiting.

Once again, I am immensely thankful to all members for their support and help.

pengw

Dec 5, 2019
Hi egyed, I never thought of registering for an account. But we’ve been in the same situation as well. I called them few weeks ago and asked for the latest notes on my file and they told me the file was last updated on Nov 1st and the test will be scheduled soon. (Vancouver office) I requested my record through Privacy Act and received that not long ago. Although our application was received on Jan 22 and it’s said one year from that in the FAQ. The due date for all eligibility check is actually one year from AOR which is Mar next year for us. So it depends on when your AOR is, it might still be a few months away from that. And the simple fact is that the file is just sitting there and nobody has ever touched it ever since the Criminal check is done (just a few days after start processing). Hopefully that helps a bit.

Hi all, Those of the Jan. applicants who haven't heard anything from their office till now, should we call CIC or what to do? What should we do if we haven't heard till Jan 2020? Is that normal? Please experts respond to my repeated queries. TIA

Reactions: egyed

justinlei

Feb 1, 2019
I am now DM. My wife also got DM today but my children are still in process. Please can an admin update the sheet. Thanks.

egyed

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Hi egyed, I never thought of registering for an account. But we’ve been in the same situation as well. I called them few weeks ago and asked for the latest notes on my file and they told me the file was last updated on Nov 1st and the test will be scheduled soon. (Vancouver office) I requested my record through Privacy Act and received that not long ago. Although our application was received on Jan 22 and it’s said one year from that in the FAQ. The due date for all eligibility check is actually one year from AOR which is Mar next year for us. So it depends on when your AOR is, it might still be a few months away from that. And the simple fact is that the file is just sitting there and nobody has ever touched it ever since the Criminal check is done (just a few days after start processing). Hopefully that helps a bit.
Thank you. Hopefully my test invitation is in process as well. All best!

Reactions: pengw

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Well no oath invite yet and I fly next weekend. Here's hoping they avoid my travel dates but I get the oath invite for early Jan :)

dipen_trivedi

Mar 4, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 SEP 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charged : 24 NOV 2014
Nomination.....
PER : 23 DEC 2014
AOR Received.
2ND LINE UPDATE : 16 MAR 2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
Med's Request
2 APR 2015
Med's Done....
15 APR 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
15 MAY 2015
Please update status
dipen_trivedi
Oath Letter Date: 4 December 2019
Oath Ceremony: 30 December 2019

kamae

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2016
Passport Req..
April 20, 2016
Hey guys, when I checked on cic website, it said they sent me an invitation on Dec 5 to appear on Jan 9 for the oath taking. I didn't get an email or snail mail just yet. Is it normal to take a while before getting the letter?

sssahoo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Hey guys, when I checked on cic website, it said they sent me an invitation on Dec 5 to appear on Jan 9 for the oath taking. I didn't get an email or snail mail just yet. Is it normal to take a while before getting the letter?
If you have received emails for your AOR, test & interview, you should have received the oath email by now. Did you check your spam folder? If not, you must contact CIC immediately. Good luck!

kamae

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2016
Passport Req..
April 20, 2016
If you have received emails for your AOR, test & interview, you should have received the oath email by now. Did you check your spam folder? If not, you must contact CIC immediately. Good luck!
Thanks.. I’ll call tomorrow. :) Not in spam folder either. Husband and I both got the same update on ecas but no email.

archivist

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
I am still waiting for a decision made/oath invitation after the test. Calling CIC never worked for me, and here is the response I got from Web Form:

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.
Since it was received on January 18, 2019, it is still within regular processing times.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

For people who received a decision made on the same day or next day, did you not travel outside of Canada?

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I am still waiting for a decision made/oath invitation after the test. Calling CIC never worked for me, and here is the response I got from Web Form:

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.
Since it was received on January 18, 2019, it is still within regular processing times.
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

For people who received a decision made on the same day or next day, did you not travel outside of Canada?
I was told it was all fine at the interview (very quick) and it went DM early next morning (or late that night).

I had quite a bit of travel. In the 5 year period probably 10+ trips to the US and several other international trips including to 'non-Western' countries.

archivist

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
I was told it was all fine at the interview (very quick) and it went DM early next morning (or late that night).

I had quite a bit of travel. In the 5 year period probably 10+ trips to the US and several other international trips including to 'non-Western' countries.
Thanks for the reply. You made more trips to the US then I did. I made about 5 ~ 10 short trips to the US.

Is there a possibility that my file got lost? I took the test in Scarborough.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Thanks for the reply. You made more trips to the US then I did. I made about 5 ~ 10 short trips to the US.

Is there a possibility that my file got lost? I took the test in Scarborough.
I don't know if it makes a difference but my only trip between posting the application and DM was a single 16 day one through the US and onward about two weeks after submitting. I didn't notify IRCC about this because I obviously didn't have my AoR then. It would have course have been on my CBSA/I-94 and all records however. No idea if this lack of travel helped.

It normally goes DM within a few days, if they didn't give you any details when having your interview I'm not sure. It's probably just waiting on final security check or something from other threads/posts I've seen. Given it's still within 12 months all I can say is give it a few weeks, check it every few days and if still nothing after 12 months give them a call or request the notes.

It's a shame the system, nor even the agents are not able / willing to give more details as I feel this would save IRCC a lot of time and phone calls.
Just a simple "Waiting on clearance", "Validating x" (or even FP received which had me wondering for a month) would really help here.

mhm4589

Jan 2, 2012
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Buffalo-CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-02-2012
AOR Received.
19-04-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
RCMP/Fingerprints requested on 29-08-2012/ done on 31-08-2012
Med's Request
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
05-09-2012
Passport Req..
16-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2012
LANDED..........
11-11-2012
Oath Letter Date: 6 December 2019 (received letter with pink slip yesterday Dec 11 in mail box)
Oath Ceremony: 10 January 2020

Please update and good luck to the rest of the January 2019 applicants who are still in the process.
Cheers

Reactions: GraceCan