+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

wander_ful

Jan 22, 2019
LOL.Yes that's what I noticed as well, everyone complaining that their local IRCC office is the slowest of the slow. Geez people need to disconnect from the web for a while and try to relax. It clearly states in the IRCC website that the average processing time for a complete application takes around 12 months. And here you can see people complaining that their application has been IP since March. Well, it's only been 4 months since and they're well within the 12-month period. People need to lessen the frequency in checking their applications.

Instead grab a bowl of popcorn and open a can of beer watch the ball game tonight and cheer for our only NBA team! ⛹ #wethenorth

I think it’s more like comparing than complaining. :)

But agree, cheers for Raptors! Have a great day!

jc94

Mar 14, 2016

We have everyone’s location... if we could get office into the sheet might be an interesting analysis of average times per office. Just wondering.

Not sure how easy office from location is, especially around and based on “Toronto” there are a few options vs say “Charlottetown”.

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011

They compare then they complain. People should stop comparing. People here don't have any idea how many applications the IRCC receives and processes. And besides there are different kinds of applications like work permits and student permits and PR applications and so on and so forth. Remember you're not the only applicant for a specific application in your local IRCC office.

Cheers!
#wethenorth

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
They compare then they complain. People should stop comparing. People here don't have any idea how many applications the IRCC receives and processes. And besides there are different kinds of applications like work permits and student permits and PR applications and so on and so forth. Remember you're not the only applicant for a specific application in your local IRCC office.

Cheers!
#wethenorth
I believe I read somewhere, based on inflated figures post the Trudeau changes, that the normal rate is about 1k a month just for Citizenship. What we see here on the site is about a 10% sample. Would be interesting to know exact figures for sure.

Of course, CIC could help themselves and start doing things like updating status when they receive FP to lessen the number of calls ;)

ajplayit

Apr 30, 2015
I was in US as a visitor for 6 months immediately before I landed as a PR in Canada. Do I have to show the address of US in my last 5 years address history.
This was purely a vacation as I was visiting my brother and I was unemployed during this time.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I was in US as a visitor for 6 months immediately before I landed as a PR in Canada. Do I have to show the address of US in my last 5 years address history.
This was purely a vacation as I was visiting my brother and I was unemployed during this time.
All addressed for last 5 years (eligibility) period need listing regardless of country.

Not sure if this should be in the thread for those who already applied in Jan 2019 however.

vmalhotra83

Jun 14, 2019
Hello Admin, I have just started the citizenship process and my application was sent on June 14th (Oakville, ON) and it reached Sydney today (June 17th.) Can you please update the spreadsheet. Thanks much !

ID: vmalhotra
App type: Family
Physical presence days: 1352
App sent: 14.06.2019
App delivered: 17.06.2019
Landed in Canada: 10.07.2015