+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I think we can't link to myCIC/gcKey account. We can only check the status using ECAS (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=)
Yeah I went through the process of creating all that only to find Citizenship wasn't in the list of things to add. I've been using that ECAS page to try and login but it's still not letting me. I got the AOR Wednesday (evening) so am just assuming it will let me login at some point. At which point I'll post an update.

Not sure why there is a (significant) delay between sending AOR and adding us to their online system. Seems odd, but appreciate I'm one of the lucky ones whose AOR took 'only' 49 days. That said I'll probably try phoning them if I still can't login end of the week.

The process / website definitely doesn't make it obvious how to register in my opinion!

Parbhaman

Star Member
Nov 8, 2014
Surrey
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
30-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with documents
File Transfer...
Dnt knw
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-03-2015 passport submitted 02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2015
LANDED..........
7th May
Hi,

Can anybody please update my location on the spreadsheet?

Thank you.

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi! Could you add me please?

ID : almost-there
App type: Single
Physical presence: 1095
App sent: Jan 21, 2019
App delivered: Jan 24, 2019
AOR: March 14, 2019

Current status:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 24, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 14, 2019.
Congratulations!!

egyed

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Hello, Anyone know if applications are to be processed in the local office or elsewhere? If in the local office, is it why the timeframe between AOR and In Process varies? TIA

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hello, Anyone know if applications are to be processed in the local office or elsewhere? If in the local office, is it why the timeframe between AOR and In Process varies? TIA
I think all applications are opened and filed in Sydney. That's where you get your AOR from. Only afterwards, your file is moved to your local office.

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
My application has been returned incomplete as I forgot to select the option for 14 (b) i.e. consent to CBSA. I will leave from this Jan 2019 group and enter into March 2019 group. I wish good luck to all Jan 2019 applicants.
@admin - pease remove me from Jan 2019 spreadsheet.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
My application has been returned incomplete as I forgot to select the option for 14 (b) i.e. consent to CBSA. I will leave from this Jan 2019 group and enter into March 2019 group. I wish good luck to all Jan 2019 applicants.
Sorry to hear that :( I wish for things like this they’d make a phone call or send an email. Delaying an application two months because of a tick box is such an offensive move that doesn’t really help anyone in my opinion.

Reactions: Meganes

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I'm sorry about that. That sucks. I recall my peers who applied for Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program were refused because they missed a check box. I totally understand how frustrating it is but there is nothing we can do about that; triple check the application and have someone else review it as well, just in case.

I sincerely hope you get your next application through soon. Wish you all the very best.

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
I'm sorry about that. That sucks. I recall my peers who applied for Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program were refused because they missed a check box. I totally understand how frustrating it is but there is nothing we can do about that; triple check the application and have someone else review it as well, just in case.

I sincerely hope you get your next application through soon. Wish you all the very best.
Thank you very much.
14 (a) asks if I have held travel documents or passports during eligibility period. If yes, complete Table A, if not go to Table B. Unfortunately this 14 (b) is just below Table B and overlooked at it as I thought it is related to "else clause" as I am required to fill Table A. Really it is a overlook. I will send the new application tomorrow with triple check from my friends.