+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

click.trick

May 22, 2014
Chilliwack, BC
Thanks for sharing that, have submitted my app for the first time among the March 2019 applicants
But there was never any requirement to stamp on the back anyways, correct?

See link below for CIC photo specifications. It doesn't mention anything about stamping the back
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/citizenship-application-photograph-specifications.html
In the link you provided, under requirements you would see that
  • Photographs must be printed on quality photographic paper.
  • Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
  • Print the name of the person on the back of the photos.

This could be hand written or stamp by the photographer.

cursor18

May 31, 2015
In the link you provided, under requirements you would see that
  • Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
This could be hand written or stamp by the photographer.
Yup correct - so handwritten by me (or the applicant) is fine?
There is no requirement that it needs to be stamped or handwritten by the photographer/studio, correct?

* crosses fingers*
Dont want the app to be returned

wander_ful

Jan 22, 2019
Hi all,

We originally applied in November 2018 but our application was returned in January because of our silly silly mistake. We had our applications ready to go in in July but we didn't send it in until November (waiting to save $$ for application) but we signed it in July - so they returned it because our application is considered stale dated. Anyhow, we re-submitted our application, please add us to the spreadsheet.

Family of 2
Days: 1705
Sent: January 23
Received: January 28

Hopefully we will get our AOR in the next few days, I'm so anxious. And congratulations to all who got AORs thus far.

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi all,

We originally applied in November 2018 but our application was returned in January because of our silly silly mistake. We had our applications ready to go in in July but we didn't send it in until November (waiting to save $$ for application) but we signed it in July - so they returned it because our application is considered stale dated. Anyhow, we re-submitted our application, please add us to the spreadsheet.

Family of 2
Days: 1705
Sent: January 23
Received: January 28

Hopefully we will get our AOR in the next few days, I'm so anxious. And congratulations to all who got AORs thus far.
Wish you all the best. Hope they accept the application this time and process go smoother and sooner.
BTw @pillow would need the city as well.

Reactions: pillow and GraceCan

sssahoo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
It does say - see bullet # 4 & 5 under Requirements - photo studio must stamp the date and studio address and the applicant has to write their names on the back of each photo.

sssahoo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
What do you mean by “waiting to save $$ on applications”? I know my question is irrelevant. However, I’m just curious as to how you would have saved money by waiting.

cursor18

May 31, 2015
It does say - see bullet # 4 & 5 under Requirements - photo studio must stamp the date and studio address and the applicant has to write their names on the back of each photo.
Not sure where you can see this. There is nothing of the 'stamp' you mentioned
Here is the link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/citizenship-application-photograph-specifications.html

And here is the text under Requirements
  • Provide two (2) identical citizenship photographs (except Renunciation applications, where only one (1) photo is required.)
  • Your photographs must comply with the specifications below. If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.

jgbfree19

Jan 20, 2019
Hi everyone! Please add me on the spreadsheet.

App type: Family(2)
Physical Presence: 1,150
App sent: Jan.22, 2019
App received: Jan. 25, 2019
AOR: March 19, 2019

Reactions: pillow and GraceCan

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
What do you mean by “waiting to save $$ on applications”? I know my question is irrelevant. However, I’m just curious as to how you would have saved money by waiting.
I assume it means saving up $1300. Yes it’s cheaper than say the UK process but it’s still not exactly chump change for many (including me). I have a friend who is waiting until they have $1300 available.

At minimum Ontario wage of $14/hour and tax that could be about 3 weeks salary. Or a months rent, etc.

Reactions: karthik.andhamil

saiyaan

Jan 29, 2019
Hello,
Please can you add me to spread sheet as well?
I submitted my application Jan 17. 2019 and CIC received it on the 23rd. It was returned because I forgot to sign my physical presence calculator.

I resubmitted it again today March 14, 2019.
Could you please tell me what date did you sign on minor physical presence form, bcoz i had received incomplete physical presence form, and I'm quite confused which date should be put on the previous date Or new one take print form with current date.

wander_ful

Jan 22, 2019
Some people like us don't have $1,300 sitting ready for disposal:) With 2 kids and one parent on maternity leave, there are priorities (ie, food, mortgage, car payments, insurance, RESPs, Etc etc Etc ) So took us a good 3 months to have that funds but thanks for asking