+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Congratulations on becoming Canadian. My oath ceremony is fixed for 23rd July,2020. I am curious to know what actually happens
in the virtual ceremony. Will please share your experience from beginning to concluding virtual ceremony enabling me to practice the
same. I am little bit anxious being 75 years old, therefore, kindly if possible then please please share your experience of today's virtual ceremony.
Once again accept my heartiest congratulations for becoming proud Canadian.
Hi! Please don’t worry, it’s super simple. They will email you a Zoom link with a meeting ID and password.If you have a computer/phone you will have to download a zoom app and the link will take you straight there.
Once you are logged in and the ceremony starts, they will ask you to keep your phone nearby in case you get disconnected so they can call you and help you get back in.
There’s no practice required, the form they send you can be printed or signed electronically, and the email will contain detailed instructions. You also need a pair of scissors to cut your PR card into four pieces. That’s it!
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hi! Please don’t worry, it’s super simple. They will email you a Zoom link with a meeting ID and password.If you have a computer/phone you will have to download a zoom app and the link will take you straight there.
Once you are logged in and the ceremony starts, they will ask you to keep your phone nearby in case you get disconnected so they can call you and help you get back in.
There’s no practice required, the form they send you can be printed or signed electronically, and the email will contain detailed instructions. You also need a pair of scissors to cut your PR card into four pieces. That’s it!
Thank you very much. Really you are great. I was thinking to ask you as to whether Zoom link with ID will be given on the day of oath. Now you have already resolve my issue. So far meeting on Zoom is concerned, I am a little familiar with it cause of my French Classes being taken on Zoom. Thank you very much again and wish you to again on becoming Canadian Citizen a dream become reality for you for all of us who are in line.

Whether before receiving your Citizenship Certificate, is there any website where you can confirm the Citizenship. I remember that on the day of last
Federal elections I was a polling agent for our MP and was much surprised that persons who became Citizen only one day before the election also caste their vote on getting their vote slip through the on the spot registration with Election Office on the Computer with the Presiding Officer in our Polling Booth.

Anyhow enjoy and relish the importance of being Canadian. With kind regards.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Congratulations on becoming Canadian. My oath ceremony is fixed for 23rd July,2020. I am curious to know what actually happens
in the virtual ceremony. Will please share your experience from beginning to concluding virtual ceremony enabling me to practice the
same. I am little bit anxious being 75 years old, therefore, kindly if possible then please please share your experience of today's virtual ceremony.
Once again accept my heartiest congratulations for becoming proud Canadian.
[/QUOT
Hi I have two more questions (1) My virtual oath is on 22nd July,2020 so when I will be getting email with instructions and (2) whether we have to read out oath as per format or to follow judge and lastly as to whether we have to sing Canada's national anthem "O Canada"
Kindly help
Regards

Reactions: s23srinivas

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
There’s no practice required, the form they send you can be printed or signed electronically, and the email will contain detailed instructions.

Congrats sydcarton!

Just wanted to check about the following:

Do we just put our sign and date in two places of the form(CIT0049 - Virtual Ceremony pdf) and leave the remaining sections like
File No, Client ID, Certificate no., Section Article, Seat No etc. on the top right box along with the bottom section where it says "Oath was taken before a citizenship judge or foreign service officer"?

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
(1) when I will be getting email with instructions and
(2) whether we have to read out oath as per format or to follow judge
Hi Chrisstina,

I received their mail inquiring if I will be interested in a virtual ceremony yesterday and replied my with an affirmation yesterday. They sent me the notice for virtual ceremony with the information and zoom details today. I have seen some people getting it within few hours of their confirmation reply to IRCC as well as some getting it after few days of their confirmation. But in any case you will get at least a day worth of notice (a very pessimistic estimation) before the ceremony.

The mail states during your video appearance, you will be repeating the Oath of Citizenship after the presiding official but does not mention anything about singing O Canada. So I believe we don't have to sign it.

All the best for your ceremony!

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Congrats sydcarton!

Do we just put our sign and date in two places of the form(CIT0049 - Virtual Ceremony pdf) and leave the remaining sections like
File No, Client ID, Certificate no., Section Article, Seat No etc. on the top right box along with the bottom section where it says "Oath was taken before a citizenship judge or foreign service officer"?
Thank you! Congrats on receiving your virtual oath invite. To answer your questions:

1) if you are printing and filling the form out physically you can pre-fill the file no/client ID/name. Leave the certificate/seat no/Lang blank.
if you are signing electronically, you just need your signature and date after the oath as they Adobe file won’t let you pre fill anything else.

I wish you all the best!

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Thank you very much. Really you are great. I was thinking to ask you as to whether Zoom link with ID will be given on the day of oath. Now you have already resolve my issue. So far meeting on Zoom is concerned, I am a little familiar with it cause of my French Classes being taken on Zoom. Thank you very much again and wish you to again on becoming Canadian Citizen a dream become reality for you for all of us who are in line.

Whether before receiving your Citizenship Certificate, is there any website where you can confirm the Citizenship. I remember that on the day of last
Federal elections I was a polling agent for our MP and was much surprised that persons who became Citizen only one day before the election also caste their vote on getting their vote slip through the on the spot registration with Election Office on the Computer with the Presiding Officer in our Polling Booth.

Anyhow enjoy and relish the importance of being Canadian. With kind regards.
Hi congrats on receiving the oath invite.
To answer your previous questions:

1) If your virtual oath is on the 23rd, you should receive an email by next Tuesday or Wed at the latest, because you will need to confirm you can attend.

2) For my ceremony, I had to repeat the oath in English and French after the judge. I did not have to sing the national anthem. They tell you it’ll last 30 minutes, but mine only lasted 16 minutes.

3)Not sure if there is anywhere apart from ECAS that gives confirmation of citizenship. I received my certificate in 10 days after my virtual oath. I know in the application form they ask if you want an automatic registration with Elections Canada and I checked yes.

good luck!!

Reactions: GeoCanadian

pengw

Dec 5, 2019
Congrats sydcarton!

I believe we will leave all other fields empty since it seems for their office use. Only the boxes with cross on the top left needs to be filled before the judge or electronically. At least that’s how I interpreted and did it.

Reactions: s23srinivas

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hi congrats on receiving the oath invite.
To answer your previous questions:

1) If your virtual oath is on the 23rd, you should receive an email by next Tuesday or Wed at the latest, because you will need to confirm you can attend.

2) For my ceremony, I had to repeat the oath in English and French after the judge. I did not have to sing the national anthem. They tell you it’ll last 30 minutes, but mine only lasted 16 minutes.

3)Not sure if there is anywhere apart from ECAS that gives confirmation of citizenship. I received my certificate in 10 days after my virtual oath. I know in the application form they ask if you want an automatic registration with Elections Canada and I checked yes.

good luck!!
Thank you very much for prompt reply along with valuable advice.

sask123

Dec 15, 2017
Hi guys, I wrote my test back in feb 2020, I passed and officer informed me I will be put on wait list for oath ceremony. I checked my status the next day and it had been updated to decision made. I checked it today, its almost 4 months, now its showing in process !!! does anyone know what that means. thank you.
same thing I wrote the test Feb 10 still in process in online most of the friends got decision made in very few days

AJSS1313

Jul 13, 2020
same thing I wrote the test Feb 10 still in process in online most of the friends got decision made in very few days
actually mine changed to decision made the very next day I wrote my test, that was back in February. But it changed back to in process again this week !

PG-7

Jan 24, 2019
Good morning,
Finally got a call today morning with invite for virtual oath ceremony for August 5th. Initially was scheduled for March 24 Mississauga office, but got cancelled.
All the best to all who is still waiting!

2001fb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
Good morning,
Finally got a call today morning with invite for virtual oath ceremony for August 5th. Initially was scheduled for March 24 Mississauga office, but got cancelled.
All the best to all who is still waiting!
Great News! Congratulations there!
Just could you please tell a little bit about the call:
was it a hidden number or you could see it was from cic/ircc?
did they say anything special or just invited you?
and do you think/know if you missed the call they would do what? call you again, leave a msg, ...??

Thank you so much,
Congrats again!

PG-7

Jan 24, 2019
Great News! Congratulations there!
Just could you please tell a little bit about the call:
was it a hidden number or you could see it was from cic/ircc?
did they say anything special or just invited you?
and do you think/know if you missed the call they would do what? call you again, leave a msg, ...??

Thank you so much,
Congrats again!
It was a call starting from 343 number. Person on the line introduced as CIC officer. Confirmed full name and contact email they have on file and the date of cancelled ceremony. Asked if will be willing to participate in virtual ceremony and if have access to computer or laptop, printer and if have experience with Zoom app. Advised more details will be sent via email and provided with the new date.

Reactions: 2001fb

2001fb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
It was a call starting from 343 number. Person on the line introduced as CIC officer. Confirmed full name and contact email they have on file and the date of cancelled ceremony. Asked if will be willing to participate in virtual ceremony and if have access to computer or laptop, printer and if have experience with Zoom app. Advised more details will be sent via email and provided with the new date.
Thanks again!