AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Man, my consultant is saying do not follow up often with the IRCC as it may cause further delay in my application or even reject it. I'm raising a web form once in every 10 days and calling them once every week. And yet there is no change in my application status.

I'm so confused right now. Honestly, I'm freaking the hell out and got panic attacks. I'm considering going to a counselor until I receive a decision, whatever it be.
:(:(:(
Don't give in to the fear mongering. I don't think IRCC operates like that. If I listened to my lawyer, I would've pointlessly withdrawn my application. These guys don't care as much about our applications as we do. No matter how many webforms I've raised or GCMS notes I've ordered, the officer will only work on your file when he feels like it.. there is no such correlation. In the end, the webforms and notes are only to indicate the status of your application, not to push it forward..

You don't need a counselor, just some healthy distractions to keep your mind occupied. Yes the delay sucks, but everyone's day will inevitably come, hopefully sooner rather than later :)

kum152007

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Don't give in to the fear mongering. I don't think IRCC operates like that. If I listened to my lawyer, I would've pointlessly withdrawn my application. These guys don't care as much about our applications as we do. No matter how many webforms I've raised or GCMS notes I've ordered, the officer will only work on your file when he feels like it.. there is no such correlation. In the end, the webforms and notes are only to indicate the status of your application, not to push it forward..

You don't need a counselor, just some healthy distractions to keep your mind occupied. Yes the delay sucks, but everyone's day will inevitably come, hopefully sooner rather than later :)
i think prasad is partially right but calling them every 15 days should work but don't raise webform too often as they need to respond to your webform in 30 days.and that may delay. Webform and Notes should be raised once in a month. I use to raise Notes every month but use to call them every 15 days. When i called on 23 Sept, on 24 Sept the remedical request was there. My COPR also has end date of 24 Sep 2020. So u can well imagine that my CALL to CIC did the trick and not any notes or webform. Also i raised 3 Notes request but received none as now the timeline is 3 months. Hope this helps everyone thanks

Reactions: Wishcan and PrasadK

hossaina

Star Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi

I need your help. It's urgent. I received my COPR and passport stamped last week. But they issued COPR for a very short period of time which will expire on 4th Jan 2020. I am planning to fly to Canada on 21st of december. As I heard that it takes 2 months time to issue the new permanent residence card once you land to Canada. My question is my COPR might get expires before receiving my permanent residence card after I land to Canada. As my COPR will remain valid for a few days after I land it to Canada, there is a chance that I will receive my PR card after the expiry of the COPR. My question is how long the COPR is valid after you land it to Canada? Is it safe to land Canada 1 month before the expiry date of COPR?? Please let me know it's urgent.

Jeilin

Aug 22, 2019
Hi

I need your help. It's urgent. I received my COPR and passport stamped last week. But they issued COPR for a very short period of time which will expire on 4th Jan 2020. I am planning to fly to Canada on 21st of december. As I heard that it takes 2 months time to issue the new permanent residence card once you land to Canada. My question is my COPR might get expires before receiving my permanent residence card after I land to Canada. As my COPR will remain valid for a few days after I land it to Canada, there is a chance that I will receive my PR card after the expiry of the COPR. My question is how long the COPR is valid after you land it to Canada? Is it safe to land Canada 1 month before the expiry date of COPR?? Please let me know it's urgent.
Wow that's really soon. Is January 4th your normal medical expiry date or you were told you got an extension of your medicals?

shrutigokhale

May 4, 2019
Hi All

Here are the details of my timeline for my application for EE FSW

EE Profile creation date: 15 NOV 2018
ITA : 28 NOV 2018
Medicals: 15 DEC 2018
Took like 30 35 days to complete the documentation for me, wife and the baby.

Documentation Completion: 1 JAN 2019
Documentation Submission, Payment, AOR Receipt: 4 JAN 2019

The process of waiting official starts today.

Good luck to all applicants and if you guys have questions do let me know.

Regards
What's the status now? When did you receive a PR confirmation mail.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Aloha everyone,

A ghost update appeared on my profile yesterday, and medical exam status changed to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

Would that indicate that they extended my medical results or are they going to request for a re-med soon enough ?

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Hi

I think you need to land before your COPR expires. Once you have landed and successfully cleared immigration, you become a PR. From that point onwards, your VISA/COPR date does not matter. You are a permanent resident at that point of time.
Receiving or not receiving PR card does not change your status. PR card is important for many other things like when you go out of country, you will need to enter back into Canada. But not having a PR card when you have completed your landing does not invalidate you.

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Aloha everyone,

A ghost update appeared on my profile yesterday, and medical exam status changed to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

Would that indicate that they extended my medical results or are they going to request for a re-med soon enough ?
Did your medicals expire around this time? In my case, this change of status was triggered when primary applicant's medicals expired. This triggered a remedical request in a couple of days for me.
In some case, CIC will simply extend the medicals and will not request a remedical. You will then see the status changing back to Medicals Passed

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Did your medicals expire around this time? In my case, this change of status was triggered when primary applicant's medicals expired. This triggered a remedical request in a couple of days for me.
In some case, CIC will simply extend the medicals and will not request a remedical. You will then see the status changing back to Medicals Passed
My current medical expires around Feb 4th next year, so I hope they would just extend it and issue me the PPR

Stay14

Oct 10, 2019
Hi

My pr card came a week after landing. They issue pr cards faster nowadays

Reactions: sureshcoim