Buska828

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
So, I just called cic now as there has been a mistake that we sent our passports to Ottawa when we have not even received a ready for visa email yet. The agent I talked to said he sees a note that on Nov 1st they received our passports. He likewise said he will send a message to Ottawa vo to say there has been an error as we have not received the ready for visa email yet and did not send our passports to them. I told him if I dont hear from them in a week I will call again. He said, he assures me that he will send a message now and that I will hear from them soon.

rajat20786

Jul 21, 2017
So, I just called cic now as there has been a mistake that we sent our passports to Ottawa when we have not even received a ready for visa email yet. The agent I talked to said he sees a note that on Nov 1st they received our passports. He likewise said he will send a message to Ottawa vo to say there has been an error as we have not received the ready for visa email yet and did not send our passports to them. I told him if I dont hear from them in a week I will call again. He said, he assures me that he will send a message now and that I will hear from them soon.
Will you be able to tell on which no. you called them.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Hello all,

I’m just wondering what the difference is between the interview and PPR? Anyone might have some insights? Thanks in advance!
Some inland folks get ppr->copr->landing interview... After interview you become PR....
Sometimes they directly call you for interview. You become pR after the interview directly.

Not sure why they do it, but my reading is that happens in cases they want to assess the person/family before giving the PR.

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
Some inland folks get ppr->copr->landing interview... After interview you become PR....
Sometimes they directly call you for interview. You become pR after the interview directly.

Not sure why they do it, but my reading is that happens in cases they want to assess the person/family before giving the PR.
As far as I know, there is no special assessment in the inland interview than the landing interview. I also don’t know what is the criteria, but few inland ppl will be called for direct interview in which they skip the step of PPR and landing. In my office, I have colleagues who received both Inland interview as well as PPR. Hoping one of these comes for me soon.

WunmiofLagos

Jan 8, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2019
It's PPR!!
CPC Ottawa
Aor Jan 3
Meds passed Feb 14
Biometrics Feb 27
GCMS request Oct 6 (GCMSnow)
Meds update request Oct 11
Meds passed Oct 29
GCMS received Oct 30 - everything passed, security in progress
PPR Nov 05
FSW Outland - Brazil
Processing time: 306 days (10 months, 2 days)

Single applicant, no ADR. I sent a lot of CSE, contacted MP... The wait was too long, but only God knows His plans (which are the best for us). I don't know what I am feeling now. Trust and wait for your time.
Congrats! Your GCMS request was very fast.

Reactions: ajvasconcelos

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Big congrats! :) Loving the progress outta Sydney this week!

@PrasadK It is good to see progress from Sydney VO. But just now I recalled someone had posted theory about the AOR dates vs PPR date. Like people with 1st week AOR, get email in 1st week of the month.
Both the PPRs were from 3-Jan and 4-Jan, and PPRs were received in 1st week (04-Nov). If that theory is even one percent true, then it would mean we have to wait till end of the month :p
But I hope that's not the case!!

Reactions: Piyushagr21

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
@PrasadK It is good to see progress from Sydney VO. But just now I recalled someone had posted theory about the AOR dates vs PPR date. Like people with 1st week AOR, get email in 1st week of the month.
Both the PPRs were from 3-Jan and 4-Jan, and PPRs were received in 1st week (04-Nov). If that theory is even one percent true, then it would mean we have to wait till end of the month :p
But I hope that's not the case!!
Nah, that theory doesn't make much sense. And it's very easy to disprove with historical data (how many applicants with "days from AOR to PPR" can you find in immiTracker that aren't around a multiple of 30).. unless the claim is that this is some new pattern that IRCC is showing, then we'll just have to wait and see, but again, very unlikely..

Last edited:

bibi-hey

Star Member
Mar 1, 2019
Hey All,

Just got a landing interview email from Hamilton IRCC. Although my application is Outland but I have been in Canada on a visiting status since last year August.

I know a lot of people have detailed their landing interviews, can anyone help me tag those posts. Because I have zero idea what it entails.

AOR: Jan 30th
Medicals March 13th
Biometrics October 10

Thanks

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
Hey All,

Just got a landing interview email from Hamilton IRCC. Although my application is Outland but I have been in Canada on a visiting status since last year August.

I know a lot of people have detailed their landing interviews, can anyone help me tag those posts. Because I have zero idea what it entails.

AOR: Jan 30th
Medicals March 13th
Biometrics October 10

Thanks
Congratulations and good luck for your landing interview. I hope you find relevant link on landing interview topic.

SKSV

Apr 8, 2019
I had raised a webform on 29th October and today I got another generic reply - "The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied."
Yesterday, My consultant told me not to

1. raise a web form
2. call IRCC
3. request GCMS notes

As it "might" cause delay in processing the application. I'm so frustrated, tired, anxious etc all mental disorders. I'm not so sure what to do now :(:(:(.

mxg

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Calgary
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-01-2019
Med's Done....
07-03-2019
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2020
Yesterday, My consultant told me not to

1. raise a web form
2. call IRCC
3. request GCMS notes

As it "might" cause delay in processing the application. I'm so frustrated, tired, anxious etc all mental disorders. I'm not so sure what to do now :(:(:(.
I don't think this is quite true. I called IRCC a couple of weeks back and the agent and I asked her when my file was last worked on. She told me to raise a webform query as the visa officer gets an update when you do so. So I raised a webform query and a week later I got a ghost update and found out my eligibility and criminality was met. I can't say for sure if these two are connected but my file remained untouched for 6 months and this happened exactly a week after the webform inquiry.

I completely understand what you are going through. I have phases of frustration and anxiety as well. I'd just vent out the frustration once in a while and try to focus on being positive. I know its easier said than done, but keep your hopes up and one fine day the PPR will be in your email. Good luck :)

Last edited: