+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

kum152007

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Ottawa vo, Jan 17 aor, file approved as of Oct 1st. Emailed Ottawa vo last week and ordered gcms notes on Oct 13.
hope u called them also and asked to send a reminder to the officer, i called but the agent said that they cannot send the reminder . At this stage a slight push will help. Is there anyother way to expedite it , any clues from anyone?

khushboosharma

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Hi- when i received a re-med, in the current status column of my application page was stated - 'your action is required'. This phrase appeared twice i.e. it was in both the rows - i.e. Permanent residency and Express entry. Now that my re-meds have been passed, the current status on my permanent residency row has changed to submitted. But the other row shows the same thing (your action is required). No email from the cic apart from the remed request.

Has anyone else come across a similar situation?

kum152007

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Hi- when i received a re-med, in the current status column of my application page was stated - 'your action is required'. This phrase appeared twice i.e. it was in both the rows - i.e. Permanent residency and Express entry. Now that my re-meds have been passed, the current status on my permanent residency row has changed to submitted. But the other row shows the same thing (your action is required). No email from the cic apart from the remed request.

Has anyone else come across a similar situation?
when did you get the remed request and when your doctor uploaded them, it takes 5 days for it to reflect in the cic account, if its more than 5 days then u r good , thanks

Mosun

Oct 18, 2019
Sa
Same here. I have been checking. My profile has not been updated. However when I checked the ECAS link Wunmi of Lagos sent, my status was decision made. I tried to log in yesterday and the system kept saying my records were not found.
Same here! I must have tried 10x. A I kept getting was no records found

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
My best wishes to everyone still waiting.. really hope this is the lucky week for many of us here! May we all be pleasantly surprised :)

gauri48

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
My soft landing experience

hello guys - today I’ll be sharing with you my soft landing experience (AOR March 2019, PPR email 02 October)

As I am still working in India and have a well settled job here, I was not sure about quitting my job so soon and moving to Canada. Hence I decided to do soft landing and subsequently move to Canada around April-May 2020 (obviously in better weather conditions).

I booked an Air Canada ticket which was a direct flight from Mum-Toronto and return.At the Mumbai airport’ immigration, I was asked the purpose of my visit to Canada to which I said that I’ve received a PR and am going for my formalities. The officer then asked me to produce my PR card but I told him that as I am going there for the first time I do not have a PR card and instead showed him the COPR documents. He verified the docs post which he stamped my passport and I was good to go.

I landed in Toronto at 7 in the morning after a tiring journey of 16 hours! In the flight itself I was given an immigration form in which I had to fill my details like name, passport no. , purpose of visit etc.

After getting off the flight I headed towards the immigration along with other travellers. However when I told an officer there that I am landing for my PR, I was sent to another queue.

Here a lady officer checked my immigration form (which I had already filled in the flight) and the COPR document and asked if I was carrying any cash and milk products. I told the officer the amount of cash I had on me and that I’m carrying butter and milk powder as well. The officer made some notes on the immigration form regarding the cash and milk products I’m carrying.

From here I was sent to another immigration officer (sweet young man). This officer asked for my immigration form, passport and COPR (two copies). Here I was asked the following three questions:
1. If you’ve been convicted of any crime in any country?
2. Ever refused admission to enter or leave Canada?
3. Do you have any dependents which are not listed in your application?

I answered NO to all the above questions. The officer then retained one copy of my COPR and on the other COPR copy he asked me to sign at two places. Then he stamped the COPR copy saying that I became a permanent resident of Canada on XYZ date.
After this the officer asked me how much money in cash I have with me to which I told him I have XX amount of cash. He then asked me where I was staying and if there is any particular address where I would like the PR card to be delivered. I told the officer that I’ll be staying at my friends place and would like the PR card to be mailed there. He didn’t ask me any further questions and handed over the immigration form, passport and COPR copy to me and told me that the COPR copy “is a very important document” and I should keep it safe with me even after I become a citizen.

I was then directed towards a counter where SIN for new comers were generated. At this counter the officer asked me to fill a form meanwhile he checked my immigration form, COPR copy, passport and boarding pass. I handed over the filled form to him and within 2 mins he generated my SIN and handed over the SIN document to me.

I was then asked to proceed towards the customs section. Here the officer again asked for my immigration form, passport and COPR. He read the remark made on the immigration form that I was carrying mill products. He then asked me to open my bags and checked the food items I was carrying. He took butter and milk powder from my bag and threw it in the dustbin. . Then I was asked if there were any goods I am carrying to which I told the officer that my goods will come at a later date. The officer asked me to fill a “Goods to Follow” form where I was asked to detail any and everything that I intend to bring into Canada at a later date. I listed products worth approximately $2,500. The customer officer then directed me to a “cashier counter” where I was given document (which looked more like a receipt implying that I can bring in goods with $2,500 and no custom duty would’ve levied on it). After this I again headed to the customer officer and he handed me my passport, COPR copy and a copy of the Goods to Follow list.

This was the last step at the airport and I was told I can exit the airport and need to visit Service Ontario to apply for my health card.

Hope you found this write up informative and I’ll be happy to answer your questions.

#SoftLanding #CanadaPR #ExpressEntry

Oct 27, 2019

hello guys - today I’ll be sharing with you my soft landing experience (AOR March 2019, PPR email 02 October)

As I am still working in India and have a well settled job here, I was not sure about quitting my job so soon and moving to Canada. Hence I decided to do soft landing and subsequently move to Canada around April-May 2020 (obviously in better weather conditions).

I booked an Air Canada ticket which was a direct flight from Mum-Toronto and return.At the Mumbai airport’ immigration, I was asked the purpose of my visit to Canada to which I said that I’ve received a PR and am going for my formalities. The officer then asked me to produce my PR card but I told him that as I am going there for the first time I do not have a PR card and instead showed him the COPR documents. He verified the docs post which he stamped my passport and I was good to go.

I landed in Toronto at 7 in the morning after a tiring journey of 16 hours! In the flight itself I was given an immigration form in which I had to fill my details like name, passport no. , purpose of visit etc.

After getting off the flight I headed towards the immigration along with other travellers. However when I told an officer there that I am landing for my PR, I was sent to another queue.

Here a lady officer checked my immigration form (which I had already filled in the flight) and the COPR document and asked if I was carrying any cash and milk products. I told the officer the amount of cash I had on me and that I’m carrying butter and milk powder as well. The officer made some notes on the immigration form regarding the cash and milk products I’m carrying.

From here I was sent to another immigration officer (sweet young man). This officer asked for my immigration form, passport and COPR (two copies). Here I was asked the following three questions:

I answered NO to all the above questions. The officer then retained one copy of my COPR and on the other COPR copy he asked me to sign at two places. Then he stamped the COPR copy saying that I became a permanent resident of Canada on XYZ date.
After this the officer asked me how much money in cash I have with me to which I told him I have XX amount of cash. He then asked me where I was staying and if there is any particular address where I would like the PR card to be delivered. I told the officer that I’ll be staying at my friends place and would like the PR card to be mailed there. He didn’t ask me any further questions and handed over the immigration form, passport and COPR copy to me and told me that the COPR copy “is a very important document” and I should keep it safe with me even after I become a citizen.

I was then directed towards a counter where SIN for new comers were generated. At this counter the officer asked me to fill a form meanwhile he checked my immigration form, COPR copy, passport and boarding pass. I handed over the filled form to him and within 2 mins he generated my SIN and handed over the SIN document to me.

I was then asked to proceed towards the customs section. Here the officer again asked for my immigration form, passport and COPR. He read the remark made on the immigration form that I was carrying mill products. He then asked me to open my bags and checked the food items I was carrying. He took butter and milk powder from my bag and threw it in the dustbin. . Then I was asked if there were any goods I am carrying to which I told the officer that my goods will come at a later date. The officer asked me to fill a “Goods to Follow” form where I was asked to detail any and everything that I intend to bring into Canada at a later date. I listed products worth approximately $2,500. The customer officer then directed me to a “cashier counter” where I was given document (which looked more like a receipt implying that I can bring in goods with $2,500 and no custom duty would’ve levied on it). After this I again headed to the customer officer and he handed me my passport, COPR copy and a copy of the Goods to Follow list.

This was the last step at the airport and I was told I can exit the airport and need to visit Service Ontario to apply for my health card.

Hope you found this write up informative and I’ll be happy to answer your questions.

Hi Thanks so much for sharing your experience and happy that it went smoothly. I am curious to know how you planned the soft landing. Did you book a return trip with a temporary stay for 2 or 3 days in Canada.

1. How many temporary days is needed. It will be nice to know since roundtrip tickets will be more affordable.
2. Is there a minimum cash and in what currency that one should carry so that the PR process is smooth?
3. Can you please forward me to a list of checklist of documents to carry during soft landing?
4. Are there any other formalities for which we need to stay longer, for example you mentioned the "health card".
5. What other formalities such as driver license etc. can we get done during this temporary stay so as to take maximum advantage of the temporary stay?

Thanks a lot!

Reactions: gauri48

gauri48

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi Thanks so much for sharing your experience and happy that it went smoothly. I am curious to know how you planned the soft landing. Did you book a return trip with a temporary stay for 2 or 3 days in Canada.
@Goodtimesahead - thanks for liking my post. Yes I had booked a return ticket and stayed in Toronto for 4 days. You can stay for a longer duration if you wish to.
1. Hey think 4-5 working days are good enough to get you PR formalities, SIN and bank opening work done. You can also get membership from YMCA as they offer several free workshops on job search and resume building to newcomers. on How many temporary days is needed. Also try to register yourself with Toronto public library as you can access their laptops and internet for free. It will be nice to know since roundtrip tickets will be more affordable.

2. There is no minimum cash limit. You can travel with al your money loaded in a forex card as well. In. See you’re planning to carry cash then please carrying Canadian dollars. Is there a minimum cash and in what currency that one should carry so that the PR process is smooth?

3. I had carried the following documents - passport, COPR two copies, bank statement of last six months, prints of my AOR, ITA and a list of items I would be importing in the country.

4. Health card you cannot apply till you have a valid address proof such as a PR card or a monthly bank statement. So I suggest that you apply for health card after you move there permanently. Can’t comment on drivers license as I am not sure about it.

hope this helps.

Thanks a lot!

gauri48

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Ottawa

1. How many temporary days is needed. It will be nice to know since roundtrip tickets will be more affordable.
2. Is there a minimum cash and in what currency that one should carry so that the PR process is smooth?
3. Can you please forward me to a list of checklist of documents to carry during soft landing?
4. Are there any other formalities for which we need to stay longer, for example you mentioned the "health card".
5. What other formalities such as driver license etc. can we get done during this temporary stay so as to take maximum advantage of the temporary stay?

Thanks a lot!
@Goodtimesahead thanks for liking my post. Yes I had booked a return ticket and stayed in Toronto for 4 days. You can stay for a longer duration if you wish to.
1. Hey think 4-5 working days are good enough to get you PR formalities, SIN and bank opening work done. You can also get membership from YMCA as they offer several free workshops on job search and resume building to newcomers. on How many temporary days is needed. Also try to register yourself with Toronto public library as you can access their laptops and internet for free. It will be nice to know since roundtrip tickets will be more affordable.

2. There is no minimum cash limit. You can travel with al your money loaded in a forex card as well. In. See you’re planning to carry cash then please carrying Canadian dollars. Is there a minimum cash and in what currency that one should carry so that the PR process is smooth?

3. I had carried the following documents - passport, COPR two copies, bank statement of last six months, prints of my AOR, ITA and a list of items I would be importing in the country.

4. Health card you cannot apply till you have a valid address proof such as a PR card or a monthly bank statement. So I suggest that you apply for health card after you move there permanently. Can’t comment on drivers license as I am not sure about it.

hope this helps.

Reactions: kum152007

gauri48

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Mumbai
Visa Office......
Ottawa

Thanks @HN92 @Bunny Thapar @SKSV @YoYo81 @PrasadK @mxg for liking this post. Do let me know if you have any questions.

Piyushagr21

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Bangalore, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney & CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-01-2019
Med's Done....
12-03-2019
Any update on your remedical status?
No bro nothing till now, i called the hospital and they told me that reports has been submitted to ircc on 31st. Maybe today i hope to clear the medicals.

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
Thanks @HN92 @Bunny Thapar @SKSV @YoYo81 @PrasadK @mxg for liking this post. Do let me know if you have any questions.
Hi Gauri,

I have 1 question but no one has answer for that.

When will I get PPR? Lol

I have raised a web enquiry on 29th Oct, 2019 and applied for GCMS on 1st Oct, 2019 as I feel that might triger and officer looks at the file.

I have entered in my 10th month now and its insane.

Please pray for all of us who are waiting.

Hope this new week brings PPR for one and all!

AOR : 1st Feb, 2019
Category : CEC Inland
Eligibility: In que for review by an officer since 24th Sept, 2019
Criminality: In Progress
Security: Not started