+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

OR24

Oct 1, 2019
Well , you are correct don't send any additional documents unless you know what's happening.

What you can do at the moment is keeping nagging on gcmsbuddy and get them to file a complaint, usually delayed GCMS notes can only be beacuse your file is currently being looked at and hence the officer won't release it unless it's either processed or further information is requested from you. This can be true for when your file is in background check stage.

With that being said, if your POF wasn't good enough to start with ( unjustified balance, improper documentation ..etc) then by then you would have either got an ADR or straight out refusal (which I hope will NEVER happen to you).

One more thing, try to call them again and see if you can get more information about what is wrong with your POF ( TRUST ME, they can read out the notes just like you do when you get them, they sometimes don't like to do it)
How can he try to call them? On which number?

Fanadian

Apr 22, 2019
Hi everyone, I am having hard time to accept the fact that I got rejected in the past two days, it's so frustrasting, I am wondering if anyone here got rejected for this reason, like your working experience while you are holding a study permit does count, what can you do about this?appeal or just wait until graduate and reapply? please help

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Hi everyone, I am having hard time to accept the fact that I got rejected in the past two days, it's so frustrasting, I am wondering if anyone here got rejected for this reason, like your working experience while you are holding a study permit does count, what can you do about this?appeal or just wait until graduate and reapply? please help
Hey dude, can't imagine how you're feeling right now.. really sorry for it too! I didn't know this either until your case but it's definitely something IRCC has outlined specifically for CEC applicants: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=394&top=29

Can I count work experience that was part of my education toward the work requirement?
No. Co-op terms and apprenticeships completed before graduating do not count as skilled work experience. They are considered part of an educational program.

The work experience you can use to apply for the Canadian Experience Class must not have been gained while studying full time on a student permit (for example, experience gained while on a co-op work term).
Seems like a shitty rule honestly. What's worse is they take so damn long to trigger what is their own standard rule! Not entirely certain an appeal can help here; I think it's best you garner some post-education experience and then reapply..

Reactions: mxg

Fanadian

Apr 22, 2019
Hey dude, can't imagine how you're feeling right now.. really sorry for it too! I didn't know this either until your case but it's definitely something IRCC has outlined specifically for CEC applicants: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=394&top=29

Seems like a shitty rule honestly. What's worse is they take so damn long to trigger what is their own standard rule! Not entirely certain an appeal can help here; I think it's best you garner some post-education experience and then reapply..
Thanks a lot dude, the thing is I am working as a full-time research assistant/teaching assistant (NOC 4012)while I am persuing my PhD degree, and I do know that some people get their PR using exactly the same experience as I have, so I am really confusing here like if there's any double standards or what?

Reactions: PrasadK

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
I am sorry about your file being rejected.Was your work experience acquired in Canada while you were studying in Canada ?

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Thanks a lot dude, the thing is I am working as a full-time research assistant/teaching assistant (NOC 4012)while I am persuing my PhD degree, and I do know that some people get their PR using exactly the same experience as I have, so I am really confusing here like if there's any double standards or what?
Oooh my God. I think you should appeal then and I believe you should apply under Federal Skilled Worker not CEC. I believe those who applied with NOC 4012 in Canada and got PPR applied under the federal skilled worker program not CEC. I have seen a thread about it.

Last edited:

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
I would suggest to check with your friends whether they had enough points above cut off even without considering the work experience. That could be a reason you think they got PR while working on same job but in reality they claimed work ex points for their work done outside Canada

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Thats horrible, sad to hear. They have to send ADR for this.
In my case I called yesterday and I have a review required for eligibility and she said there is no time frame in such cases. I asked if I should submit something and she said no do not wait for ADR. Don't know where this is heading.
Did you order GCMS? Would you know what can be the reason for RR? If you have a doubt on any of your documents, be assured officer will have more doubt.
Fill a webform and correct if needed.

If you think you have given all you could then just wait. RR doesn't definitely mean that they'll reject it..it just means analyst wanted officer to take a final call or officer wants a second opinion before making a decision. Many cases with RR HAVE got the PR

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Please check this thread. It might be useful if you consider reapplying under FSW. Good luck ! https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/faq-all-you-need-to-know-about-applying-for-pr-with-noc-4012-ra-ta-work-experience.557854/#post-7822916

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
Hi bro,
Really sorry that it happened to you and it is brutal.
However, from what I have seen that this is not counted and it is not double standard. It is just some cases that slip through by some officers who look into the cases.
I have talked to lawyers about such things and even them are puzzled - oh yes, we tell them that you are not eligible. Then they go and apply and get PR. So, this is just a luck - officer, timing, situation all that.
Nowadays, they are also quick to put applicants in the list of probation i.e. misrepresentation. Hence, I would not argue with them too much. We might be better to move on.
I don't mean to say something awful and written messages something mean differently than what we mean. I think you are on the good road and probably, best to spend the energy for the next application.

Reactions: capricorn7

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
Hi Bro,
I have seen a few cases including a close friend of mine i.e. not counting work experience while on study permit inside Canada and also outside Canada.
If you want to appeal, please consult lawyer @legalfalcon !
Nowadays, they are very quick to jump and put into misrepresentation category (personal communication with a lawyer). If they put into probation, I think it is 5 years i.e. we cannot put application for the next fiver years. That will be a hefty penalty. We do not want that. If you have other categories where you are eligible, you could go for it. If not, after you graduate; there will be plenty of opportunities ....

Preet11

Sep 25, 2019
I have never gotten any information from all previous notes that i've ordered. This is the very first that may show activity. So for 8.5 months i have been in the dark. An agent once told me in August that my POF requires review and i dont want to go ahead to send any document without knowing the root cause.
Even I am 8.5 months to AoR. When I recently received the notes on 28 September, they read review required on POF (maturity date of funds) as I have shown Fixed deposits. Nd these notes date back to March. No movement afterwards. No ADR. It hasn’t been touched!!!

I feel notes give correct information.

Reactions: WunmiofLagos

Halim92

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Bro,
I have seen a few cases including a close friend of mine i.e. not counting work experience while on study permit inside Canada and also outside Canada.
If you want to appeal, please consult lawyer @legalfalcon !
Nowadays, they are very quick to jump and put into misrepresentation category (personal communication with a lawyer). If they put into probation, I think it is 5 years i.e. we cannot put application for the next fiver years. That will be a hefty penalty. We do not want that. If you have other categories where you are eligible, you could go for it. If not, after you graduate; there will be plenty of opportunities ....
outside Canada ? Can you please explain ? As far as I know its only an issue if you are inside Canada.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Hi bro,
Really sorry that it happened to you and it is brutal.
However, from what I have seen that this is not counted and it is not double standard. It is just some cases that slip through by some officers who look into the cases.
I have talked to lawyers about such things and even them are puzzled - oh yes, we tell them that you are not eligible. Then they go and apply and get PR. So, this is just a luck - officer, timing, situation all that.
Nowadays, they are also quick to put applicants in the list of probation i.e. misrepresentation. Hence, I would not argue with them too much. We might be better to move on.
I don't mean to say something awful and written messages something mean differently than what we mean. I think you are on the good road and probably, best to spend the energy for the next application.
I believe that with NOC 4012, He/She is eligible to apply for Federal skilled worker even though he/ she worked inside Canada. However, his/her experience will not be counted in her CRS points, he/she will have to have a higher score without that experience being counted in her CRS points.