Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
Guys, I know it's nice to think of how peaceful and gratifying it will be when the PPR arrives. And on a personal level, of course it will be!

But on a systemic level, Canada has permanently left a bad taste in my mouth with this immigration system with no deadlines and no transparency. People make plans and entirely important life decisions based on these estimates. Thousands are getting invited every few weeks under the pretext of this 6 month estimate, which frankly who knows how true it is! Even today, their website still spits out this same estimate with zero acknowledgement/acceptance/honesty of how things have been slowing down for so many.. and that's very disheartening!
That being said, I really hope IRCC gets its act together and hires more staff, so they can at least meet their own estimates..
Ya, you've seen me rant as well. Let it out :) Just don't let it spoil Canada for you when you eventually get through. Maybe instead think of it as something you can help change when you get there (by writing to your MP).

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Ya, you've seen me rant as well. Let it out :) Just don't let it spoil Canada for you when you eventually get through. Maybe instead think of it as something you can help change when you get there (by writing to your MP).
Thanks! This forum surely helps! And yeah, that's definitely among the top things on my GTD list once I get there.. that and fixing that damn CIC website bug for login issues lol

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
Nicely said but your last statment proves that we are not beggars. We are actually applying for equal opportunity because we need them just as much as they need us.
:) Sadly, they are seeing more, not less demand, despite the bottlenecks. They know that they will always have demand (and freedom, time, and discretion to select who exactly they want) as long as they have what we want - securities, liberties, healthcare, education, jobs... Will a more efficient IRCC really have a material impact on numbers or qualities of new PRs? I doubt that there is any significant proportion of skilled labor dropping out due to delays. I agree that the inefficiencies are absolutely horrible. But I don't agree with the 'equivalency', as long as the demand outweighs the supply.

Maybe one day that will not be true.

Good luck @ulka0410, hang in there, this thing is a killer. I hope you get this thing asap. Like in the next 5 min :)

ulka0410

Star Member
Dec 3, 2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
:) Sadly, they are seeing more, not less demand, despite the bottlenecks. They know that they will always have demand (and freedom, time, and discretion to select who exactly they want) as long as they have what we want - securities, liberties, healthcare, education, jobs... Will a more efficient IRCC really have a material impact on numbers or qualities of new PRs? I doubt that there is any significant proportion of skilled labor dropping out due to delays. I agree that the inefficiencies are absolutely horrible. But I don't agree with the 'equivalency', as long as the demand outweighs the supply.

Maybe one day that will not be true.

Good luck @ulka0410, hang in there, this thing is a killer. I hope you get this thing asap. Like in the next 5 min :)
How i wish if all would change in 5 mins... Someday it will... Thanks a ton @Spotted i wish the same for you.
Coming back to your message i agree 100% with you your equivalency statement. (I became over zealous because I wouldn't consider myself a beggar until I really was one)... Though we know a perfect market competition is unrealistic..hopefully someday...
But who is to say we aren't the ones they are looking for. We absolutely can be. That is why we are in the final stages of this application now.:)

NupurV

Aug 16, 2019
Hi Guys one quick question. Anyone who has got PPR and stays in Mumbai, where exactly do we have to submit our passport for stamping VFS global in BKC or Mahalaxmi?

ocanadaocanada

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Guys, I know it's nice to think of how peaceful and gratifying it will be when the PPR arrives. And on a personal level, of course it will be!

But on a systemic level, Canada has permanently left a bad taste in my mouth with this immigration system with no deadlines and no transparency. People make plans and entirely important life decisions based on these estimates. Thousands are getting invited every few weeks under the pretext of this 6 month estimate, which frankly who knows how true it is! Even today, their website still spits out this same estimate with zero acknowledgement/acceptance/honesty of how things have been slowing down for so many.. and that's very disheartening!
That being said, I really hope IRCC gets its act together and hires more staff, so they can at least meet their own estimates..
Spot on. Although on my personal level the experience so far with IRCC is very disappointing and hopeless, I do feel we are just the unlucky 20%, I saw most of the cases do get the decision within 6 months... at least with the people I know who also applied... I know the date isn't big enough to be sufficient, at this point I just believe I am the unlucky ones lol

Fanadian

Apr 22, 2019
Does your notes mention what is the RR for. Ideally, it should! If not, you still don’t worry and the senior CO could review and find nothing wrong. RR are actually not that rare and many applicants get them. Most cases, if any issue, post clarifying on the GCMS notes, people submit additional supporting documents.. or you will receive an ADR request officially.. either case, it’s not rejection, so don’t worry :)
Thanks bro, I will copy and paste it for you

Reactions: rushi.gada

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Called CIC just now

Status 3 weeks ago:
Eligibility & security not started
Criminality passed
Last activity on application: 3rd March

Status today:
Eligibility in progress
Security not started
Criminality passed
Last activity on application: 2nd August
Hey - That is movement - be Happy - Hang in there - its moving

Fanadian

Apr 22, 2019
I too have RR on my file according to the email from Ralph. When I called the call centre, the agent told me that my eligibility is in progress. I actually forgot to ask about the RR. But from what i have read so far it is very common to have RR on your file and i am pretty sure many have received their PPR even with RR. I have ordered my GCMS notes for a safer side but don't worry; it wouldn't be something major or we would have received ADRs by now.
There's another stream called I got stuck on RR of eligibility, it seems like all those got eligibility review required ending up waiting averagely 11-12 months, this is so frustrating, but the good thing is they got PPR anyway, it just the waiting is killing us...

aj90

Aug 1, 2019
Congratulations!

So it seems 7 months is an average time for PPR if no review required.

Can you please let us know when did you call CIC last for an update and what was your status then?

Also was there any RR on your file.

Wish you all the best!
Hello,

We called CIC one week before PPR. Fortunately, CIC agent we called was very friendly, he informed us that our application is approved and if we won't receive any update within 15 days we should call them back. It seems our application was approved in six months, but PPR email got delayed.

aj90

Aug 1, 2019
Congratulations bro, my file was in Edmonton before as well but got transfered into Vancouver, do you have any ADR or RR? mine was RCMP and fingerprints for ADR and Elegibility RR, please let me know, thanks!
Hello,

No there was no RR required on my file.

Thanks

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Perlak

Apr 5, 2019
Hello! I just managed to call IRCC and they said that my eligibility and security are not started yet! My criminality only is passed ... My AOR is jan 12
Do you know how much time it usually takes to check the eligibility? I feel like my file will take forever

Reactions: Bunny Thapar