+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Mar 18, 2018
HELP !
Just called CIC for the first time...got NO Info at all as my visa office is outside CANADA :mad:
I pleaded, but the agent dint say a word other than raise a webform and inquire...which i have already !

the call went like:
me - Good morning,im calling to get an update on my PR application
agent- asked verification questions ( application number , name,DOB , Place of Birth,verified the contact number and address) ..then informed me my application is being processed in London VO ( which i knew thanks to Mr Goodale)
me - can i please know the status of ..( before i was about to utter the 3 words -eligibility , criminality and background check) he said sorry i cant help you ..you need to contact London VO :eek:
me - can you please send a reminder or mail or inquiry to them (as we all know London VO takes months to reply)
kept trying to ask him again n again using different phrases ..but no luck
agent - apologised and we said goodbye :oops:

my question is ...only the applicants whose VO is in Canada can benefit by calling CIC ?!? im sure ive read elsewise..

or did i say something wrong :confused:??
or did i just encounter a strict agent in my first call ?

Hi,
I also called for the 1st time at IRCC Canada. She asked me the security questions ( as they asked you) and post that the agent told me, my application is still at Delhi immigration office, and I should check with them. However, I mailed them several times but didn't get even an acknowledgement of my mail.

I am very confused, what to do now.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Eligibility - Recommend Pass
Criminality - Passed
Security - Not Started
Info Sharing - Passed
Couldn’t help but intervene here.. buddy, I am 100% confident you are getting your PPR in Sept :)

To everyone else, guys, timelines are skewed but please don’t ever forget that as long as your file is in order, they cannot reject you. Worse would be to get rejections after so many months into the process and not the wait according to me.

I genuinely believe in the law of attraction.. think positive and don’t worry for even a sec! Even guys who have an RR, if you’ll haven’t been rejected, don’t worry!

Keep yourselves busy.. call every 15days.. and ask the agent to give you a date. If they say they cannot send a reminder cause file is being looked into, that’s good!

Problems in life will never end .. don’t make this one of them..

Sincerely praying for you all.. but help yourselves too and pls keep busy.

Last edited:

HopefulMoon

Jul 24, 2019
Hi all,
I am confronting another issue that has given me sleepless nights. Finally after 7 months I received msg to new passport and biometric instruction letter for me and my spouse but again
My husband gave the biometric but vfs people refused to take my biometric for the name change in my new passport (surname change after marriage) and biometric with old surname( before marriage)
Cic asked to upload new passport and then sent me the biometric letter but with old name..
I am worried what to do. As vfs people suggested to write to Canada high commission and request to issue a new letter with updated name but it's been more than a week and I hvnt received any response from them.
Kindly suggest what to do??

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hi all,

Just sharing my dates and observations with you all now that my Cic account is updated ..

16th and 18th July were the dates I got my two GHost updates.. according to my application, my background check which includes criminality and security was completed on the 18th of July, but I think they only refer to the criminality here which might have been completed on the 18th of July. The security check probably started on the same day as 18th of July and took roughly 44 days.

The 16th of July GU was for the eligibility as far as I can understand.. they gave me a recommended pass on the same day maybe .

moving on, only after my security check came clean, they would have looked at and confirmed my eligibility as pass on the 22nd of August.

I got the PPR email the same night on the 22nd of August.

I submitted by passport on the 25th of August and today, on the day of my 32nd Birthday (30th August) my application got approved / closed and my passport got stamped along with the issuance of my COPR .. I have to enter Canada by 7th of Dec 2019

The above timelines are only my observations and might not be the same for everyone .. or could be complete bollucks for all I know :)

But I hope it helps you’ll get some more clarity ..

Thanks again for all the warm and positive wishes !

Love, Rushi

CaCal

Jul 9, 2019
Couldn’t help but intervene here.. buddy, I am 100% confident you are getting your PPR in Sept :)

To everyone else, guys, timelines are skewed but please don’t ever forget that as long as your file is in order, they cannot reject you. Worse would be to get rejections after so many months into the process and not the wait according to me.

I genuinely believe in the law of attraction.. think positive and don’t worry for even a sec! Even guys who have an RR, if you’ll haven’t been rejected, don’t worry!

Keep yourselves busy.. call every 15days.. and ask the agent to give you a day. If they say they cannot send a reminder cause file is being looked into, that’s good!

Problems in life will never end .. don’t make this one of them..

Sincerely praying for you all.. but help yourselves too and pls keep busy.
Thank you so much for the motivation. So many of us will feel better reading this. Keep up with the positive energy..

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

spremkr2001

Oct 27, 2017
I called helpline after a week today and a very kind agent answered the call. He told that my file is in queue for review by an officer (CB01126 ) since 26 April. The last update was on 26th April (RPRF was added to the file which I paid on 5th April).

The agent said that he can’t send a reminder to officer even though it has crossed 7 month time today!! The application will be picked when it reaches in the queue but there is no clarity on how many applications are there before me or any tentative time by which it could be picked.

He also suggested that calling helpline is of no use. If there is any change, it will reflect in online account.

This is now a dead end and I can’t see any way forward...

CaCal

Jul 9, 2019
So this may sound absurd, Apologies.
what if we all stop contacting IRCC completely ( except for ADR and important clarifications, RR). No updates, follow ups, reminders, verifications nothing. Clearly, following up is not working (exceptions). why don't leave them clueless as they have done to us.
I know it's not achievable, just a thought..

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
So this may sound absurd, Apologies.
what if we all stop contacting IRCC completely ( except for ADR and important clarifications, RR). No updates, follow ups, reminders, verifications nothing. Clearly, following up is not working (exceptions). why don't leave them clueless as they have done to us.
I know it's not achievable, just a thought..
I think they would like that very much, but we certainly would not.

Last edited: