+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Jeilin

Aug 22, 2019
This is funny, I also paid RPRF on request on 5th April. After scanning various forum, came to know that RPRF is requested only when all the documentations are in order. It is almost certain to get approval after RPRF and was very excited that by end of May I will receive PPR and by July I will move to Canada.

Most funny parts are- I planned internet packages, DTH package, phone plans and so on ..... everything planned until July but IRCC shocked and woke me up, then I realised that this dream was mere a dream like every night.
Long wait indeed. What is the status of your eligibility, security and infosharing?

Reactions: PrasadK

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Count me in! There is a lot of noise on Twitter about how slow this particular office and officer is!
There is an old thread here somewhere from 2016 where it was said that this lazy clown CB01126 took long vacations and the files were piling up. It took an average 11-13 months to clear these backlogs.

Since last year, IRCC took the initiative and made big improvements with CPC-Ottawa so they can process majority of the applications. Now it's mostly only R10 checks done at Sydney but still a few unlucky ones are sentenced to CB01126 torture

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
There is an old thread here somewhere from 2016 where it was said that this lazy clown CB01126 took long vacations and the files were piling up. It took an average 11-13 months to clear these backlogs.

Since last year, IRCC took the initiative and made big improvements with CPC-Ottawa so they can process majority of the applications. Now it's mostly only R10 checks done at Sydney but still a few unlucky ones are sentenced to CB01126 torture
Can't imagine how insufferably bad someone has to be at their job for a whole internet community to make a separate discussion topic specifically about you..

Reactions: CaCal

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
I had an impression that we shouldn’t call before 2 weeks however, it is not making any difference
In my case, I feared they gave me a final refusal so I had to make sure my new submitted docs received by them and this was why I called almost every day during that period.

I don’t encourage to call too often either. But I think weekly or biweekly call is fine as they would finish an application just 2-3 days if they open it (and could have an update even on weekend).

Mine as an example:
8.12 Monday: Still eligibility not met but not a final decision yet
8.14 Wednesday: My local MP’s assistant replied to me about my status when asking IRCC. She used different phrases than the agent and Goodale:
“We called IRCC and this was the information given:

a) there are concerns on his eligibility under the category he applied - IRCC will send official notification on this.”​
8.17 Saturday: Just after 2 weekdays, It was a Saturday, and I got an Ghost Update. It’s my application approval as I confirmed this by calling them on 8.19 Monday.

After I sent passport on 8.20, yesterday on my cic account, I saw that Review of Eligibility section updated to “August 17, 2019 Your eligibility has been reviewed” and Final Decision section updated to “Your application was approved”.

Just FYI~ Keep the faith!!!

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Because my company not willing to sponsor green card and even if they do, the wait time for my nationality is like 4 years.
Yes, come to Canada and if you are still willing to back to the States, you could do so after getting the citizenship~

ocanadaocanada

Star Member
May 1, 2019
I have been reading a lot on how people are comparing this with US Green card processing times.

USA doesn't openly claim they process green card applications in 6 months and take 1 or 1.5 year to process? People already know what they're getting into when they apply for US Green Card.

The 80% claim by IRCC is completely skewed. Their call centre agents have already admitted 8-9 months is the normal processing time. So much resources were wasted on their website to update the 'New Progress Bar'. They would have been better off to just change 6 months processing times to 9 months and it would made a big difference.

The Progress Bar is the useless update from IRCC.
See, my issue with IRCC is not the claimed estimate time, it's lack of communication. If they have doubts on my file, they could have update me. I really don't appreciate the fact that no one ever touched my file since April. Every GCMS notes I received have the same exactly information. How would you just leave it this way then move on to other client instead of either reject me or ask for additional document?

Hope we all can get PR soon and then apply job at IRCC and change the culture there ourselves lol

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
See, my issue with IRCC is not the claimed estimate time, it's lack of communication. If they have doubts on my file, they could have update me. I really don't appreciate the fact that no one ever touched my file since April. Every GCMS notes I received have the same exactly information. How would you just leave it this way then move on to other client instead of either reject me or ask for additional document?

Hope we all can get PR soon and then apply job at IRCC and change the culture there ourselves lol
Exactly my thoughts. If they can't provide details, then they should have fixed deadlines. If they can't provide an accurate timeframe, they should have some transparency. How they fkin go about their business without either is so beyond me! After sitting on an application for 6+ months, either reject or provide some ADR/update.. This whole thing seems like such an amateur operation! I would honestly be much happier with a rejection right now than this uncertainty.. atleast I could reapply before the rising cutoff scores exceed my CRS.. hopefully it doesn't come to that though!

Reactions: JssAmA and SithLord

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019

That’s so true bro!!! I’m totally fine with waiting as long as they clarify and promise the timeline.

Their lack of communication even appears internal, which couldn’t let everyone know any details over the phone immediately once any issue happens (like my eligibility failed, even the call agent needed to request and receive the detail after 30 days).

And I couldn’t believe even notes are lack of enough details either! As mine shows I had been already recommended passed in eligibility and passed in criminality both on March 19. And then on June 2 (the first GU I got), I don’t know which bast*rd changed in the secondary office changed my eligibility status without any comment or explanation, and of course, they didn’t contact me for any additional doc but just left it 2 months until I called and found out.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017

Exactly my thoughts. If they can't provide details, then they should have fixed deadlines. If they can't provide an accurate timeframe, they should have some transparency. How they fkin go about their business without either is so beyond me! After sitting on an application for 6+ months, either reject or provide some ADR/update.. This whole thing seems like such an amateur operation! I would honestly be much happier with a rejection right now than this uncertainty.. atleast I could reapply before the rising cutoff scores exceed my CRS.. hopefully it doesn't come to that though!
You two summed up perfectly what I've been saying for months!!

We need to order GCMS notes to actually find out what's causing the delay because they refuse to communicate with applicants and instead decide its best to let the cases rot in hell for months.

Trumped2018

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Wo Wo Wo Woh! Too much negativity.
Friends, we have invested a lot of time, money and emotions in this to let these delays discourage us.
Let us stay positive. Let us be constructive.
Please see each day that passes without the PPR email as another day less from the total wait due for us.

There is no doubt that the timelines put out on our IRCC profile pages made us believe that it would be done in near about 6 months. And, a lot of us made plans accordingly. But we need to learn to be content with what we already have.
There is no doubt that 80% of the applications are not processed in first 6 months. It sure does help market the program well. But it's still the easiest PR process that a first world nation has and does work like that for a large number of applicants.

By thinking, speaking and writing negative we are inviting more and more negative energies for all of us who follow this group. We should seriously stop this and send out ONLY happy thoughts.

It's alright that we weren't so lucky as a lot of other applicants...a lot of applicants who perhaps had no serious intentions of immigrating. But what the heck...we are serious and we will make it big when the tide is high enough to take us along. Our time is just around the corner.
Let us all draft a message on our notepads for this group for the day when we will actually get our PPR email. And, look at it everyday and contemplate sending it soon. And, not long from now we will actually send it out.
We are all awesome. Let us create nice memories of this waiting time and not nightmares for our future.

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Wo Wo Wo Woh! Too much negativity.
Friends, we have invested a lot of time, money and emotions in this to let these delays discourage us.
Let us stay positive. Let us be constructive.
Please see each day that passes without the PPR email as another day less from the total wait due for us.

There is no doubt that the timelines put out on our IRCC profile pages made us believe that it would be done in near about 6 months. And, a lot of us made plans accordingly. But we need to learn to be content with what we already have.
There is no doubt that 80% of the applications are not processed in first 6 months. It sure does help market the program well. But it's still the easiest PR process that a first world nation has and does work like that for a large number of applicants.

By thinking, speaking and writing negative we are inviting more and more negative energies for all of us who follow this group. We should seriously stop this and send out ONLY happy thoughts.

It's alright that we weren't so lucky as a lot of other applicants...a lot of applicants who perhaps had no serious intentions of immigrating. But what the heck...we are serious and we will make it big when the tide is high enough to take us along. Our time is just around the corner.
Let us all draft a message on our notepads for this group for the day when we will actually get our PPR email. And, look at it everyday and contemplate sending it soon. And, not long from now we will actually send it out.
We are all awesome. Let us create nice memories of this waiting time and not nightmares for our future.
Thanks for turning the ship around and I apologize for my own negative posts, but please understand that even negative comments can be in positive spirit. I have no one else to discuss this with so I desperately need an outlet sometimes, lest I completely lose it. Venting is a positive thing.

Of course I wish all of us are out of this mess asap, and if not, at least that we see the light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Edit: I'm gonna seriously draft that PPR receipt message tonight :) great idea!