AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
If you have not provided your experience letter with job duties included do it right away. As this was the reason for my friends rejection.
Get your experience certificate from employer stating your job duty for them to confirm your NOC.
Hi, thanks for your advice! I think I did have it with job duties which are almost 70% similar to the NOC web request. It’s generated by my company’s HR department, so I think they use almost the same template for every employee.

My question are:
1.Does it has to write my NOC number on the letter? Since my title (Financial Services Representative) is exactly included by the NOC’s subordinates, the template doesn’t have the number but only the title of my position, and my imm lawyer also think the letter is qualified to be used.

2.My manager didn’t put her email or contact number. Could this be problem u think? Since it’s one of Canadian big 5 banks, I didn’t ask HR to send my manager to print and sign again for me and my imm lawyer didn’t ask me to get another one either. Plus, I did give my T4 and paystubs to the lawyer and he submitted within the application, so I thought I was fine before...

I requested my second GCSM notes yesterday, submitted a new web form regarding my failed eligibility, and sent an email to my local MP last night. Hope I can figure this out and fix it up soon.

jaldiaajare

Apr 20, 2019
Just called CIC after the ghost update. The agent said background check comprising of eligibility, security and criminality is complete and we should be getting the PPR email anytime now. That is definitely some good news if its true.
A week ago Ralphs email said eligibility and security not yet started. Hopefully things are taking a quick turn for the good of all of us. Good luck to everyone. I ll let you all know if i get the PPR email.

Romish

Apr 9, 2019
Just finished the call with IRCC. Got to know that my background verification is in process and my eligibility check hasn't started yet. AOR 12 Jan 19. The lady was nice and said she would raise an action item as the process has crossed 6 months. Let's hope for the best.

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Does anyone have their application being processed at Sydney, Nova Scotia office? Just wondering if people have gotten their PPR from them yet. Called CIC agent and they told me mine was there just wanted to see who else was on the same boat.
Even mine is at CIO Sydney

Maysa74

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Just called CIC after the ghost update. The agent said background check comprising of eligibility, security and criminality is complete and we should be getting the PPR email anytime now. That is definitely some good news if its true.
A week ago Ralphs email said eligibility and security not yet started. Hopefully things are taking a quick turn for the good of all of us. Good luck to everyone. I ll let you all know if i get the PPR email.
This is really nice.. All the best to you.. please share your AOR and VO..Thanks

Snowkhiker

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
Just finished the call with IRCC. Got to know that my background verification is in process and my eligibility check hasn't started yet. AOR 12 Jan 19. The lady was nice and said she would raise an action item as the process has crossed 6 months. Let's hope for the best.
hi what is your VO?

Reactions: Amanjot7

Perlak

Apr 5, 2019
Thats great all the best! On which number are you calling cic?

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
@rushi.gada Did you hear anything from ircc after your series of GUs?
hi all,

I just spoke with IRCC. it was almost 17mins of wait time but I think I have understood what the Ghost updates meant last week.

Just a context, below is what Mr Goodale's office sent me last week:

Dear Gada – thank you for providing the necessary DOB.

I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Jan 5, 2019. It is at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa.

Standard processing time is 6 months. This means 80% of routine applications are completed within that time frame, while 20% take longer.

Criminality passed.

Eligibility and security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Dec 2019.

Sincerely,

Robyn Sullivan

This was the beginning of last week after which I saw the 2 ghost updates.

So my question to the phone agent was simple, what did the ghost updates mean?

She told me, that I have now passed Eligibility. Only the Background and Criminality checks are remaining (they haven't even started)

So, definitely the file is moving and it's a good sign.

Told me to not worry and only call or raise a query if I don't hear back before the end of August.

----------------------------------

Glad in a way..cause I don't think I will fail b/g or criminality checks.. lol

Not long i hope now! Praying for the best for all ..!
@jaldiaajare - above is what happened. Those GU were me passing my eligibility.. only security remains it seems :) inching closer..