>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Hi guys.

I am posting here for the first time and have been silently following this forum.
I have completed 6 months today with some nerve-wracking news. I emailed Ralph Goodale's office yesterday and this is the response from Robyn Sullivan -

I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Jan 25, 2019. It is at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney.

Standard processing time is 6 months. This means 80% of routine applications are completed within that time frame, while 20% take longer.

Eligibility was not met.

Criminality and security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Jan 2020.

I also spoke to a CIC agent over the phone (on Google Hangouts). She also said that my Eligibility is not met but the file is still in progress.

I'm really taken aback by this news because I really can't think of a reason why I wouldn't meet the requirements. Only possibility is my freelance experience - multiple overlapping jobs but provided all 22 reference letters with job duties, dates worked and payments received from all clients. I do meet the 1560 hours criteria. My online profile still shows "We are reviewing eligibility", which has been the case for the last 6 months. I'm thinking of sending a CSE & ordering GCMS notes to understand what exactly is happening. Is there anything i can do from my end to understand the reason quickly because GCMS notes would obviously take 30-40 days.

Has anyone else had the same experience?
pls order gcms notes at the earliest .. waiting for the notes for a month is a pain - but worth it..

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018
Hi guys.

I am posting here for the first time and have been silently following this forum.
I have completed 6 months today with some nerve-wracking news. I emailed Ralph Goodale's office yesterday and this is the response from Robyn Sullivan -

I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Jan 25, 2019. It is at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney.

Standard processing time is 6 months. This means 80% of routine applications are completed within that time frame, while 20% take longer.

Eligibility was not met.

Criminality and security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Jan 2020.

I also spoke to a CIC agent over the phone (on Google Hangouts). She also said that my Eligibility is not met but the file is still in progress.

I'm really taken aback by this news because I really can't think of a reason why I wouldn't meet the requirements. Only possibility is my freelance experience - multiple overlapping jobs but provided all 22 reference letters with job duties, dates worked and payments received from all clients. I do meet the 1560 hours criteria. My online profile still shows "We are reviewing eligibility", which has been the case for the last 6 months. I'm thinking of sending a CSE & ordering GCMS notes to understand what exactly is happening. Is there anything i can do from my end to understand the reason quickly because GCMS notes would obviously take 30-40 days.

Has anyone else had the same experience?
Order your notes .. in the mean time wait for Legalfalcon reply (he is the best with real advise) also call cic . And talk to agent . Maybe god favours and u get in touch with a good agent . But it’s worth a try . At least it will ease ur mind .

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018
I raised a CSE almost 2 weeks back and got a reply that my Criminality was passed but Eligibility and Security were not yet initiated.
When should I reach out to them again to check for an update? Are 2 weeks sufficient or should I wait longer? My AOR is 03 Jan, 2019.
Same is status of my file .my aor 27 jan . I m thinking to call cic in August. And already ordered notes on 11 July . Now painful wait ..

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
I join tomorrow. But this week has seen many ppr's being issued. Another round of invite was issued yesterday as well. But if ircc have a massive backlog of applications, why are they issuing fresh invites.
Exactly this. I don't think they follow the "finish what you started" mantra

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
hi all,

I just spoke with IRCC. it was almost 17mins of wait time but I think I have understood what the Ghost updates meant last week.

Just a context, below is what Mr Goodale's office sent me last week:

Dear Gada – thank you for providing the necessary DOB.

I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Jan 5, 2019. It is at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa.

Criminality passed.

Eligibility and security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Dec 2019.

Sincerely,

Robyn Sullivan

This was the beginning of last week after which I saw the 2 ghost updates.

So my question to the phone agent was simple, what did the ghost updates mean?

She told me, that I have now passed Eligibility. Only the Background and Criminality checks are remaining (they haven't even started)

So, definitely the file is moving and it's a good sign.

Told me to not worry and only call or raise a query if I don't hear back before the end of August.

----------------------------------

Glad in a way..cause I don't think I will fail b/g or criminality checks.. lol

Not long i hope now! Praying for the best for all ..!

Karthik91

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
hi all,

I just spoke with IRCC. it was almost 17mins of wait time but I think I have understood what the Ghost updates meant last week.

Just a context, below is what Mr Goodale's office sent me last week:

Dear Gada – thank you for providing the necessary DOB.

I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Jan 5, 2019. It is at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa.

Criminality passed.

Eligibility and security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Dec 2019.

Sincerely,

Robyn Sullivan

This was the beginning of last week after which I saw the 2 ghost updates.

So my question to the phone agent was simple, what did the ghost updates mean?

She told me, that I have now passed Eligibility. Only the Background and Criminality checks are remaining (they haven't even started)

So, definitely the file is moving and it's a good sign.

Told me to not worry and only call or raise a query if I don't hear back before the end of August.

----------------------------------

Glad in a way..cause I don't think I will fail b/g or criminality checks.. lol

Not long i hope now! Praying for the best for all ..!
That's good news man. Writing to Ralph's office has certainly been beneficial then. I'm writing to him first thing Monday. I enter the club tomorrow.

AP0876

May 19, 2019
Hi guys,

I really need some advice as I almost can't breathe now. I just called the agent and asked if there is anything red flag or any doc I needed to provide, she told me no and my application is still in progress. So I ended with asking eligibility, criminality, and security as what I always did in previous calls. However, she told me that eligibility is failed:eek:. I was so shocked cuz I believed that I had provided everything and both my immigration lawyer and I had checked multiple times. After my medical and criminality passed, I didn't get any additional doc request or procedural fairness letter. When I asked her why and further detail, she could not answer. She also said this is not the final decision yet, and she would send them a request to get the application's updated status and ask me to contact in 30 days. I start to suspect if they are really able to see what is going on or not.

Last time, I called on July 12th, and the agent told my status was the same as previous: eligibility was in progress, criminality passed and security didn't start yet. Also, I didn't get my notes yet as I ordered them on June 12th.

I am planning to order the notes for another time and call them this afternoon again.

Any thoughts?:(
If you have not provided your experience letter with job duties included do it right away. As this was the reason for my friends rejection.
Get your experience certificate from employer stating your job duty for them to confirm your NOC.