FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
LANDED..........
28-06-2022
I have a question about ghost updates..is it a must for everyone because I haven’t received any..
AOR 17 January 2019

Uncle_Iroh

Jul 20, 2019
Beautiful people of the forum,

Looks like I’m in a tight situation between various immigration deadlines, and might have to choose between (a) abandoning my Canada application or (b) abandoning the remaining duration of my US h1-b visa. PPR might coincide with the dates of my international travel.

Like many of you, my application is “taking longer than usual to process”. Here are the dates:

AOR/Federal program application submitted: Jan 20, 2019
Indian passport expiry date: Jun 20, 2020 (not sure how relevant this is)
Medical date: Dec 20, 2018 (so I guess I need to land in Canada before Dec 20, 2019)

PPR was expected July 20, and according to CIC it was only supposed to take 5-10 working days to process. After seeing this forum it seems it takes longer, up to 1-2 months. I thought I was being smart and making travel plans with plenty of buffer :(

I have scheduled my US h1b-stamping in India on Oct 1, 2019 and will be traveling internationally between Sep 28 - Oct 13. I need my passport on me at this time, and I am assuming that the stamping goes smooth.

What are my options here? What should I do if I get PPR within the next 2 months? Send my passport to Canada and risk cancelling my travel? In that case I forfeit about $4000 in flight tickets, and won’t be able to re-enter the US again without h1b stamp. If I don’t, CIC may not process my application if I take longer than 30-60 days to honor PPR request (30 days original + 30 days of potential extension)

Should I ask for a PPR extension already? I know I haven’t received the golden email yet, but I also hear Ottawa takes a while to respond.

Cheers!
My first post here - Pardon me for breaking rules if any.

-------------------------------------------
Review of eligibility:We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results:February 28, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents:We do not need additional documents.
Interview:You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics:Completed.
Background check:We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:

Snowkhiker

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
Is it safe to say that the ones who haven't got PPR are the unfortunate ones with at least one RR in their notes? According to my last GCMS, no one even touched my case since 4/1/19, looks like they marked RR then just left the case in the dust forever...
Hi what is ur RR for? Is it by PA or case processing agent?

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Has joint the Elite Club today. This is what shows in my application:
“Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.​

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.”​

Will just relax the trip with my friends in Halifax some days and forget abt this heartbreaking news for a while.

joyshreenathEE

Jun 10, 2019
Yes, a ghost update is the only sign that someone is looking into your file.
Hi Rushi,
As you said you contacted Ottawa Visa Office, Could you please share the email id of that office ? Secondly, you said your application changed from Submitted to Updated and then it vanished, could you please elaborate on that ?

Reactions: rushi.gada

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
I have a question about ghost updates..is it a must for everyone because I haven’t received any..
AOR 17 January 2019
A lot of the times you may miss them completely as they appear for that one time on your home page and then if you go back, they have gone. Some people receive emails about these updates, I haven’t. I have only seen them and taken screenshots

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Has joint the Elite Club today. This is what shows in my application:
“Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.​

If you aren't seeing updates, contact us using this Web form. Make sure you read your messages and take action when we ask you to.”​

Will just relax the trip with my friends in Halifax some days and forget abt this heartbreaking news for a while.
It’s normal these days mate. The work load is may too much. You will get it eventually.. don’t worry. Important to carry on with your life and let the process do it’s thing

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Beautiful people of the forum,

Looks like I’m in a tight situation between various immigration deadlines, and might have to choose between (a) abandoning my Canada application or (b) abandoning the remaining duration of my US h1-b visa. PPR might coincide with the dates of my international travel.

Like many of you, my application is “taking longer than usual to process”. Here are the dates:

AOR/Federal program application submitted: Jan 20, 2019
Indian passport expiry date: Jun 20, 2020 (not sure how relevant this is)
Medical date: Dec 20, 2018 (so I guess I need to land in Canada before Dec 20, 2019)

PPR was expected July 20, and according to CIC it was only supposed to take 5-10 working days to process. After seeing this forum it seems it takes longer, up to 1-2 months. I thought I was being smart and making travel plans with plenty of buffer :(

I have scheduled my US h1b-stamping in India on Oct 1, 2019 and will be traveling internationally between Sep 28 - Oct 13. I need my passport on me at this time, and I am assuming that the stamping goes smooth.

What are my options here? What should I do if I get PPR within the next 2 months? Send my passport to Canada and risk cancelling my travel? In that case I forfeit about $4000 in flight tickets, and won’t be able to re-enter the US again without h1b stamp. If I don’t, CIC may not process my application if I take longer than 30-60 days to honor PPR request (30 days original + 30 days of potential extension)

Should I ask for a PPR extension already? I know I haven’t received the golden email yet, but I also hear Ottawa takes a while to respond.

Cheers!
My first post here - Pardon me for breaking rules if any.

-------------------------------------------
Review of eligibility:We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results:February 28, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents:We do not need additional documents.
Interview:You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics:Completed.
Background check:We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
In order of priority, I would close the passport renewal, US visa since it’s work related, PR and finally my holiday.

To each it’s own.. slowing down the PPR process before PPR is issued is a bad idea. So I wouldn’t do that.

Wait and evaluate.. for all you know, the PPR could come anytime. Once u receive it, ask for more time . Not beforehand

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hi Rushi,
As you said you contacted Ottawa Visa Office, Could you please share the email id of that office ? Secondly, you said your application changed from Submitted to Updated and then it vanished, could you please elaborate on that ?
Hi, I never contacted the Ottawa office but they contacted me basis a web form. The email is - CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

This is what they wrote, so maybe not the best idea to email them directly. Use the webform

Good day,

Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum.

Regards,

—————————

On the ghost update, over the previous 3 nights I saw the current status saying “submitted/ updated” and “application/profile updated” which eventually vanished and I never received any emails for these so called updates.

Many ways to read these updates but the biggest sign is that your file is not neglected but someone is looking at it and processing. Historically, people have got their PPR in due time post these ghost updates . 4-5 weeks maybe.. I have to wait and see.

@Wahegurujee can maybe explain this better

Hope I have answered your query.

Don’t worry and always be optimistic.. you are not alone and every person who gets his / her PPR is a good news as that means the backlog is clearing :)

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

nambaliya

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Is it necessary to get a ghost update.....???
I am about to reach my six month mark on 22 july and moreover no additional documents were asked for,,,, so wats the status of getting the golden mail??
GU is a strong indication that your file is being touched. People have received PPR without a single GU, status change or ADR. You will soon receive good news. Just hang in there.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hi All,

I was supposed to get my PPR by 16th July. But no update till now. Can anybody tell the latest date I can expect the mail from them?
No one can bro. Just be patient and you will get it soon enough. After the 6 months.. it can take anywhere from 7-12 months or in some very rare cases, more

Reactions: Amanjot7