+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

hasanabd

Mar 15, 2019
my application shows Mar 21, 2018 started processing... not a word about Test invite. I sent in my application Jan 9 2018, AOR Feb 19. My friend applied in Nov 2017 and he got his done in 8 months. This is really frustrating. I mean GCMS doesn't really help anyway, but i guess it's good to know for sure that they haven't done anything. I also contacted my lawyer and see if she can give me some insight in current situation at the Scarborough office. My life is kind on hold because of this. How annoying.

Let me know what your lawyer says regarding status at Scarborough office. My application is also stuck there.

mbqureshi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Completed 16 months. Still waiting for a test invite. Contacted the local MP, he basically said, we can't help you if no one is dying. In the meanwhile same standard replies from IRCC. GCMS shows everything is "not started" status.

No light at the end of the tunnel.
what does it mean by not started? what is your time line?

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
Just passed the test today!!! Now waiting for the Oath!! Hamilton ON
My timeline
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 26, 2018.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 4, 2018.
3. We started processing your application on May 31, 2018.
4. We sent you a notice on February 20, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 21, 2019 at 8:52 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
K

Mrva21

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi everyone! Just received OATH invite for APRIL 9th.2019 at SCARBOROUGH office!

Please update spreadsheet!

Thank you and good luck to all that are still waiting!

Last edited:
Reactions: yanesrahn

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Update:

October 24, 2018: Received test invite
November 27, 2018: Took citizenship test. During interview received "Request for Additional Information" November 27, 2018 asking for US CBP entry records at that time.
January 15, 2019: Notified IRCC processing time for US CBP entry records was 3-6 months (plus I expected the shutdown time to be added to that), asked if they would accept any alternative evidence.
February 7, 2019: Received oath invitation letter.
March 1, 2019: Citizenship ceremony in Vancouver, BC (at Fan Expo, making it particularly memorable)
Hi, congratulations :)
at the oath ceremony they ask us to bring lots of documents. can you please help explain some of the process that occurs on oath day? do they take back our pr card and landing paper? why do they ask us to bring all our current and expired passports again? what do they do with the passports?thanks

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
at the oath ceremony they ask us to bring lots of documents. can you please help explain some of the process that occurs on oath day? do they take back our pr card and landing paper? why do they ask us to bring all our current and expired passports again? what do they do with the passports?thanks
They take the PR card back but they don't take away any other document. They may ask to take a look at them though. So bring any document they have asked in the oath letter.

Reactions: canadian.dream1

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
Just passed the test today!!! Now waiting for the Oath!! Hamilton ON
My timeline
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 26, 2018.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 4, 2018.
3. We started processing your application on May 31, 2018.
4. We sent you a notice on February 20, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 21, 2019 at 8:52 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
K
Status change: Decision made today around 8:00 am, I am not sure somebody is adding the info to the spreadsheet. Thanks

Savior

Star Member
May 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2011
Med's Request
01-01-2013
Med's Done....
22-01-2013
Passport Req..
PPR 1 : 24-07-2013 PPR 2 : 15-08-2013
LANDED..........
23-10-2014
First of all congratulations you have made it till end. One final step and you are legally Canadian.

Well to your question regarding documents, we have taken following documents:

1. PR Cards (since we renewed so we had 2 PR cards)
2. Our Passports (since we renewed so we had 2 passports)
3. Landing papers
4. Letter of invitation (if you have recevie it via email i would recommend you should print it and take the hard copy)
5. the disclosure/consent form which you must have received with your invite, kindly sign or if you have issues regarding the consent please get in touch with cic prior to the ceremony date.)

Some housekeeping items:

1. try reaching to the location atleast an hour before the ceremony
2. getting parking would be challenging (if you are using ttc then from station to location would be a walk, so plan accordingly) as there would be other candidates who would be there for different activities (writing test, oath in first shift etc) so traffic would be much high in volume.

Process:
1. when you enter the building you need to goto level 2. If you are having coffee, breakfast need to use rest room do that prior going to level 2. (Public restrooms are at level 1, right besides the elivator area) this information is totally focused on Scarborough Office ONLY.
2. at entrance security officier will verify your ID and would require to see your letter of invitation. And would request for consent form
3. only canadidate/participant will be asked to be line to enter the ceremony hall. whereas, guests would be requested to stay out until all of the participants are inside the hall. i would strongly suggest among the guest if there are infants/toddlers make your someone from your family is seating right next to exit, so just in case if they want to exit they can do that without disturbing everyone.
4. once you enter your ceremoney hall, officer would request to see the IDs, and will take away your PR card(s). as after the ceremony you will NOT be needing them anymore.
5. once all the participants are in the hall, guests are seated, the officer will introduce him/her self to you and will discuss ceremony proceedings. and housekeeping items with you all.
6. once the judge arrives its regarded as any other court proceedings so be disciplined and hear the instructions.
7. since, seating arrangement is totally randomly assigned by system, you may be separated from your family. therefore, you can request the officer that they would sit with you. in our case judge made sure everyone is seated with thr families.
8. now you will take the oath, and receit national anthem
9. now citizen certificate will be distributed, once your name is announced, you need goto judge and take the citizenship certificate.
10. go back to officer (at enterance of the room, where your PR was taken). and sign the document and come back to your seat and review the certificate like your name, dob, your landing UCI number etc becuz that's the only option where you can change the things once your exit the hall you have lost the easy option, else its difficult to change anything after that.
11. towards the end of the ceremoney judge will exit the hall and you are now regarded as Canadians
12. take pictures record the ceremoney for your memories :)

Important note:
1. kindly save your citizenship certificate this will help you to get your passport for the first time, later on at the time of renewal you may need it for renewal (can be requested by officer on demand)
2. kindly save your landing paper this will help you to get Canada pension when you are eligable, becuz this document is the legal document which will identify you as when you landed in Canada and what should be math of pension.

Our experience:
after the ceremony, we went to level 1 and got our passport photos taken (since we are well dressed and we had time to get it done). after 24/48 hours in our case our ceremony was on Thursday, status on website got updated on saturday and passport offices were closed so we applied for passport on Monday. so depending on day of ceremony you can work accordingly with your schedule.

you have to give 24/48 hours to cic to update your status in system if you apply for passport before that your application may get rejected although you have your citizenship ceritifcate.

Good luck to everyone who have received the Oath invitation. To those who are expecting the invitation i hope you will get it soon. for those who are in middle of the process i would say just wait for the right time and your turn will come. Trust the system

callbox

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014 CC Charged......: 25-11-2014
Doc's Request.
06-03-2015
Nomination.....
23-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
06-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Hi everyone! Just received OATH invite for APRIL 9th.2019 at SCARBOROUGH office!

Please update spreadsheet!

Thank you and good luck to all that are still waiting!
Congratulations!

Reactions: Mrva21

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
First of all congratulations you have made it till end. One final step and you are legally Canadian.

Well to your question regarding documents, we have taken following documents:

1. PR Cards (since we renewed so we had 2 PR cards)
2. Our Passports (since we renewed so we had 2 passports)
3. Landing papers
4. Letter of invitation (if you have recevie it via email i would recommend you should print it and take the hard copy)
5. the disclosure/consent form which you must have received with your invite, kindly sign or if you have issues regarding the consent please get in touch with cic prior to the ceremony date.)

Some housekeeping items:

1. try reaching to the location atleast an hour before the ceremony
2. getting parking would be challenging (if you are using ttc then from station to location would be a walk, so plan accordingly) as there would be other candidates who would be there for different activities (writing test, oath in first shift etc) so traffic would be much high in volume.

Process:
1. when you enter the building you need to goto level 2. If you are having coffee, breakfast need to use rest room do that prior going to level 2. (Public restrooms are at level 1, right besides the elivator area) this information is totally focused on Scarborough Office ONLY.
2. at entrance security officier will verify your ID and would require to see your letter of invitation. And would request for consent form
3. only canadidate/participant will be asked to be line to enter the ceremony hall. whereas, guests would be requested to stay out until all of the participants are inside the hall. i would strongly suggest among the guest if there are infants/toddlers make your someone from your family is seating right next to exit, so just in case if they want to exit they can do that without disturbing everyone.
4. once you enter your ceremoney hall, officer would request to see the IDs, and will take away your PR card(s). as after the ceremony you will NOT be needing them anymore.
5. once all the participants are in the hall, guests are seated, the officer will introduce him/her self to you and will discuss ceremony proceedings. and housekeeping items with you all.
6. once the judge arrives its regarded as any other court proceedings so be disciplined and hear the instructions.
7. since, seating arrangement is totally randomly assigned by system, you may be separated from your family. therefore, you can request the officer that they would sit with you. in our case judge made sure everyone is seated with thr families.
8. now you will take the oath, and receit national anthem
9. now citizen certificate will be distributed, once your name is announced, you need goto judge and take the citizenship certificate.
10. go back to officer (at enterance of the room, where your PR was taken). and sign the document and come back to your seat and review the certificate like your name, dob, your landing UCI number etc becuz that's the only option where you can change the things once your exit the hall you have lost the easy option, else its difficult to change anything after that.
11. towards the end of the ceremoney judge will exit the hall and you are now regarded as Canadians
12. take pictures record the ceremoney for your memories :)

Important note:
1. kindly save your citizenship certificate this will help you to get your passport for the first time, later on at the time of renewal you may need it for renewal (can be requested by officer on demand)
2. kindly save your landing paper this will help you to get Canada pension when you are eligable, becuz this document is the legal document which will identify you as when you landed in Canada and what should be math of pension.

Our experience:
after the ceremony, we went to level 1 and got our passport photos taken (since we are well dressed and we had time to get it done). after 24/48 hours in our case our ceremony was on Thursday, status on website got updated on saturday and passport offices were closed so we applied for passport on Monday. so depending on day of ceremony you can work accordingly with your schedule.

you have to give 24/48 hours to cic to update your status in system if you apply for passport before that your application may get rejected although you have your citizenship ceritifcate.

Good luck to everyone who have received the Oath invitation. To those who are expecting the invitation i hope you will get it soon. for those who are in middle of the process i would say just wait for the right time and your turn will come. Trust the system
thank you for your kind and detailed reply. is the process to apply for passport straightforward? i noticed they want guarantors and references. do all of them have to be canadian citizens?

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
Finally out Oath invitation, If somebody kindly updated the spreadsheet,
Test March 21, 2019
Status Complete March 22, 2019
Oath email: Today March 25
Oath Ceremony: April 9th, 2019
Hamilton Office (we summited a expedite letter with our MP in February)
Thanks

Reactions: Nawal123

raghav563

Sep 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-June-2013
Doc's Request.
Submitted with Application
Nomination.....
27-August-2013
AOR Received.
25-October-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
25-October-2013
Med's Request
28-November-2013
Med's Done....
04-December-2013
Interview........
Waived off Hopefully
Passport Req..
02-Decemeber-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Finally out Oath invitation, If somebody kindly updated the spreadsheet,
Test March 21, 2019
Status Complete March 22, 2019
Oath email: Today March 25
Oath Ceremony: April 9th, 2019
Hamilton Office (we summited a expedite letter with our MP in February)
Thanks

Congrats on making it .. my time lines are similar to yours but i did not get any update till date from Hamilton. The last update was June 05 2018. No test date yet. I see some of them who applied months later from the same office are done. Mine is still struck.
You said you submitted a expedite letter. Can you please tell me how did you get one and what is the procedure to submit it.