+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

amre2005

Jan 17, 2018
Hi, i was wondering if you know what was the reason of the delay with your test invite, i have a similar timeline. Thank you
I believe the Kitchener office has been extremely slow in sending out test invites in general. Nothing special with my case as far as I know.

Mpraja

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Received my test invite on Jan 10, scheduled for Jan 24.

Citizenship
Application Sent: Jan 22, 2018
Application Received: Jan 24, 2018
Physical Presence: 1120.5
App Type: Single
App City: Kitchener, ON
AOR: Feb 23, 2018
IP: Mar 28, 2018
Test Invite: Jan 10, 2019
Test Date: Jan 24, 2019

Finally you got it ..Congratulations
Just a question that did u have same situation like name change???

High park

Nov 16, 2016
Finally took my oath in Mississauga on Jan 18, 2019. My application was received by IRCC on Jan 4, 2018.

On Jan 2nd, I had called IRCC letting them know I had upcoming travel plans and needed to coordinate visas, the officer who picked up let me know that was not necessary and that I’d be getting an oath invite by the end of the week. The very next morning I received my oath invitation.

My status changed to complete on Saturday Jan 19 (only one day after my oath) and I just put in my passport application.

Good luck to everyone still waiting - would highly recommend checking in with IRCC.

Reactions: Mpraja

Tipika1

Jan 31, 2018
Hi,
please update the tracking. I had the test this morning (January 21st).

The agent told me it will take approx. 3 months to finalize the last steps of the evaluation of our application, and then if everything is ok we'll receive the invite for the ceremony within the next 6 months. My understanding was that the test was the last step and I assumed that it means the application is ok, but it seems not. Have anyone already experienced a situation where the application is rejected after having succeed to the test ?

fenomenalb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
Hi,

The agent told me it will take approx. 3 months to finalize the last steps of the evaluation of our application, and then if everything is ok we'll receive the invite for the ceremony within the next 6 months. My understanding was that the test was the last step and I assumed that it means the application is ok, but it seems not. Have anyone already experienced a situation where the application is rejected after having succeed to the test ?
Holy cow. what is your processing office?

Thito

Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have seen people getting Oath within few weeks to few months after Citizenship Exam, and it generally based on the backlog at the particular office where your application is getting processed at, and frequency of Oath ceremony. Based on my understanding, Citizenship test and interview is almost the last step of processing. You might be able to see the ECAS status changing to Decision Made within a week or two after the exam, and that basically means a decision has been made. I think not to worry, but to wait and see the ECAS update and Oath letter coming thought.. It is extremely rare to get it rejected at this stage of application, although a non-zero probability still exist.

Reactions: Tipika1

HDPR

Jan 5, 2014
ID: HDPR
App type: Family (2)

App Sent: Jan.5, 2018
App. Delivered : January 9, 2018
AOR: February 13, 2018
IP: March 21, 2018

No update till date. Me & wife called the call center to check what going on and they informed everything is good and now we have to wait for the test date and the agent asked to call again if we dont receive any update by 9th January 2019 (which will be 1 year)

Updates: 10th January 2019
Called CIC on 9th January and was informed that a note has been sent to Mississauga processing office to check whats the status!!!

Updates: 18th January 2019
Again called CIC to check if there any update from the processing office, but as the answer was NO!! So the agent asked us to call by end of January if we still do not get any communication and then they will again put a note on file to check with processing office, so I have no clue on the status... this is frustrating.....

Vesimsyd

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
Sometimes test takes place before all the background checks are completed... it could be that ...plz wait for dm update on ecas that should solve everything

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016
Received my test invite on Jan 10, scheduled for Jan 24.

Citizenship
Application Sent: Jan 22, 2018
Application Received: Jan 24, 2018
Physical Presence: 1120.5
App Type: Single
App City: Kitchener, ON
AOR: Feb 23, 2018
IP: Mar 28, 2018
Test Invite: Jan 10, 2019
Test Date: Jan 24, 2019
Did you ask for a "fast process"?
The other process that had a change in this region was Waterloo- march because it had a special request last December.

Phantom Warrior

Nov 14, 2017

No update till date. Me & wife called the call center to check what going on and they informed everything is good and now we have to wait for the test date and the agent asked to call again if we dont receive any update by 9th January 2019 (which will be 1 year)

Called CIC on 9th January and was informed that a note has been sent to Mississauga processing office to check whats the status!!!

Again called CIC to check if there any update from the processing office, but as the answer was NO!! So the agent asked us to call by end of January if we still do not get any communication and then they will again put a note on file to check with processing office, so I have no clue on the status... this is frustrating.....
Same here

Reactions: Majidqta

Mpraja

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018

Did you have any special request like family name change etc????