+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

ottawazens

Oct 19, 2018
Really? I should contact them to find out. I don't think it should effect the citizenship application given that its a separate process, not to mention that it feels like my citizenship application is already on hold. I see most people receive at the very least a test invite by now, many are done with the whole process and are citizens, me... still "in process' so whoever has my application has it at the bottom of the pile lost somewhere.
I had this conversation with the officer (in person during the interview) and he explicitly said if I apply for PR card renewal today he won't be able to make a decision on the application tomorrow even if everything is ready. He said it is my call. I am waiting for my security clearance since then.

UVIR

Jun 14, 2017
Checked my e-cas on 16th October. Changed to DM. Took 14 days since Citizenship Office received final paperwork on 2nd October. Plz Update.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
wow hard to believe this absurdness. please correct me if i am wrong, PR cards in reality are like a travel card so u can get back to Canada when you go overseas, getting a renewal because of travel needs should not hinder getting Citizenship which is more than a travel document. What is the sense in that?
That's just another example - if it is true - of how incompetent some of those case officers are.... how many IRCC officers would be needed to screw a light bulb?

rinkupatel.dmj

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15/05/2014
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application
File Transfer...
21-12-2013
Med's Request
UPFRONT - 12-04-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS UPDATED: 25-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2014 / Change of VO 11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-12-2014 @ Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls
I wrote my test yesterday and had interview as well. I got all 20 questions correct. My advice to read through the Discover Canada Book. Download all free apps on Apple Store / Google Play Store it helped me so much while commuting to work. Interview went well as well. The officer mentioned that the Oath Ceremony will happen sometime in late December or early January. Test took about 15 minutes and Interview about 3 minutes.

Thank you and good to all :)

I just got Test Invite today for me & my partner both.

Test Invite: Oct 9th, 2018
Test Date: Oct 19th, 2018
Test Venue: Scarborough

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
I did the same. Submitted PR application last week. I was hoping I wouldn't have to but I've had zero communication since my finger prints were received.

I am the same we applied for PR cards last week because our process is not moving and we really need to travel, now they are saying your citizenship application will be on Hold.. what to do in case you really need to travel soon

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hi admin,

I am new to the forum. Here is my application information:

Forum username: ottawazens
Type of application: Family (2)
Number of days: 1565
Application sent: Dec 27
App received: Jan 02
AOR: Feb 07
In process: March 20
Test invite: July 18
Test interview date: August 02
Urgent processing request: Aug 28 for work-related travel
additional document: passport stamp translation submitted Aug 22

Thanks
updated the sheet, good luck

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
I am the same we applied for PR cards last week because our process is not moving and we really need to travel, now they are saying your citizenship application will be on Hold.. what to do in case you really need to travel soon
Strange how did they inform you that your citizenship process will be on HOLD! I would assume if anything they would cancel your PR card process if you are within 3 months of getting your citizenship since its typically taking that long to process a PR card.

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
Strange how did they inform you that your citizenship process will be on HOLD! I would assume if anything they would cancel your PR card process if you are within 3 months of getting your citizenship since its typically taking that long to process a PR card.
That is what people is saying here in the forum.. I haven't receive my aor for the pr cards.. but it make me worry what is going to happen with our citizenship. I don't want to mess up more the process.. Any experience about that???

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
That is what people is saying here in the forum.. I haven't receive my aor for the pr cards.. but it make me worry what is going to happen with our citizenship. I don't want to mess up more the process.. Any experience about that???
No experience. I renewed my PR card last year before my application for citizenship and it was processed quickly.

wbmaple

Aug 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I just looked through the test invite letter and it asks to bring the "originals" supporting the Citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form). What documents are these? For those of you who have already taken the test, what documents did you take with you in addition to:
1. Identification document
2. English proficiency test results
3. The test invite letter they sent you.
4. The prohibition form which they sent with the test invite.
5. PR card
6. Landing papers.

What else?
Good Day Faiyaz,

Could you please upload a pic of the Prohibition Form (removing all identifying/personal info). Or let us know its Version Number (month-year) and if it asks for prohibitions in the last 4, 5 or 6 years. Thanks,
wbmaple

ottawazens

Oct 19, 2018
You can apply for urgent processing for your PR card renewal if it is affecting your work travel or there is a personal emergency.