bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Guys, I just looked through the test invite letter and it asks to bring the "originals" supporting the Citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form). What documents are these? For those of you who have already taken the test, what documents did you take with you in addition to:
1. Identification document
2. English proficiency test results
3. The test invite letter they sent you.
4. The prohibition form which they sent with the test invite.
5. PR card
6. Landing papers.

What else?

Reactions: wbmaple

inlimbo2

Jul 3, 2018
Got to know my application is being processed at Surrey. Going through the tracker and posts here, seems like there's no movement at the Surrey office. My PR card has expired; looking through some of the posts regarding delays, I'm now leaning towards applying for PR card renewal even though I would get the new PR card around the time my citizenship application gets to 12 months mark... didn't really want to do this, but I guess it's better to be safe and prepared in case of any emergency.. :(
I did the same. Submitted PR application last week. I was hoping I wouldn't have to but I've had zero communication since my finger prints were received.

ottawazens

Oct 19, 2018
Hi admin,

I am new to the forum. Here is my application information:

Forum username: ottawazens
Type of application: Family (2)
Number of days: 1565
Application sent: Dec 27
App received: Jan 02
AOR: Feb 07
In process: March 20
Test invite: July 18
Test interview date: August 02
Urgent processing request: Aug 28 for work-related travel
additional document: passport stamp translation submitted Aug 22

Thanks

ottawazens

Oct 19, 2018
I did the same. Submitted PR application last week. I was hoping I wouldn't have to but I've had zero communication since my finger prints were received.
I have the same issue and brought it up at the interview on the test day. The officer mentioned that as soon as you apply to renew your PR card your citizenship application goes on hold.

JP1981

Dec 2, 2008
Hi,
Can someone update my time line please.
User : JP1981
Test date : 16th of Oct 2018
Decision Made : 18th of Oct 2018

jpacifics

Jun 25, 2015
Guys, I just looked through the test invite letter and it asks to bring the "originals" supporting the Citizenship application (as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form). What documents are these? For those of you who have already taken the test, what documents did you take with you in addition to:
1. Identification document
2. English proficiency test results
3. The test invite letter they sent you.
4. The prohibition form which they sent with the test invite.
5. PR card
6. Landing papers.

What else?

Bring your passport(s). They will verify your travels against the stamps on them. The English Test result is not needed.

inlimbo2

Jul 3, 2018
I have the same issue and brought it up at the interview on the test day. The officer mentioned that as soon as you apply to renew your PR card your citizenship application goes on hold.
Really? I should contact them to find out. I don't think it should effect the citizenship application given that its a separate process, not to mention that it feels like my citizenship application is already on hold. I see most people receive at the very least a test invite by now, many are done with the whole process and are citizens, me... still "in process' so whoever has my application has it at the bottom of the pile lost somewhere.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
That's just stupid if they do that.... but the agents (I called several times about this) all told me they are separate processes and don't affect each other. Well, which one of them are lying then?

the_14th

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
That's just stupid if they do that.... but the agents (I called several times about this) all told me they are separate processes and don't affect each other. Well, which one of them are lying then?
After my test, I inquired about renewing my PR card for an upcoming travel plan. The agent told me not to bother renewing and just cancel the trip. So I'm not sure if one or the other affects it but I was advised not to renew anymore.