30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
Hi guys, I had my test on October 6 in Mississauga office (The test invite was sent on September 19), if you could please update.
The test is very easy, for those who are worried, don't be. But the interview was a nightmare for me personally - I'm not going to go into details but it was quite something. For those who've already passed the interview, could you please let me know if at this stage they could request additional documents and deny your citizenship application? I was told I should start collecting every single flight ticket/boarding pass for every trip I took in the past few years....I wasn't told where to send it or anything else.....Anybody else has had a similar experience? :(
Congrats on passing the test, however I'm sorry to hear the interview wasn't smooth. It sounds like IIRC are not yet satisfied that you have shown enough proof of your physical presence over the duration of your eligibility period.

It is possible for them to request additional documents, and in this case since they've suggested you start gathering flight details I think you might be getting a residency questionnaire soon. There are many topics in this forum about the residency questionnaire (often referred to as RQ). Unfortunately none of them will contain much news you want to hear, as this process can delay the completion of your application quite a lot.

There is some good news though - they're not rejecting your application, they just need some more evidence from you. So if you're certain you do indeed qualify, then eventually you'll be a citizen. Sorry you have to go through this dragged out procedure to get there though.

Reactions: oatmeal123

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi guys, I had my test on October 6 in Mississauga office (The test invite was sent on September 19), if you could please update.
The test is very easy, for those who are worried, don't be. But the interview was a nightmare for me personally - I'm not going to go into details but it was quite something. For those who've already passed the interview, could you please let me know if at this stage they could request additional documents and deny your citizenship application? I was told I should start collecting every single flight ticket/boarding pass for every trip I took in the past few years....I wasn't told where to send it or anything else.....Anybody else has had a similar experience? :(
This is just ridiculous... who would save every single boarding pass for several years? Even a hoarder like myself don’t have all of them, and I am the kind of hoarder that would need some intervention because I tend to keep a lot of things that I haven’t used/touched for years

oatmeal123

Jan 21, 2018
Congrats on passing the test, however I'm sorry to hear the interview wasn't smooth. It sounds like IIRC are not yet satisfied that you have shown enough proof of your physical presence over the duration of your eligibility period.

It is possible for them to request additional documents, and in this case since they've suggested you start gathering flight details I think you might be getting a residency questionnaire soon. There are many topics in this forum about the residency questionnaire (often referred to as RQ). Unfortunately none of them will contain much news you want to hear, as this process can delay the completion of your application quite a lot.

There is some good news though - they're not rejecting your application, they just need some more evidence from you. So if you're certain you do indeed qualify, then eventually you'll be a citizen. Sorry you have to go through this dragged out procedure to get there though.
Thank you so much for the reply, this is really helpful. I will definitely look up RQ. I agree with you that this process will be delayed by months probably. I'm just a little surprised because I had absolutely zero issues with my application (sent it, haven't heard anything at all for about 8 months and got a test invite) so I thought they would have requested any additional info before the test invite...Wanted to share so that everyone else is prepared for the interview...

oatmeal123

Jan 21, 2018
This is just ridiculous... who would save every single boarding pass for several years? Even a hoarder like myself don’t have all of them, and I am the kind of hoarder that would need some intervention because I tend to keep a lot of things that I haven’t used/touched for years
I know.....maybe the itineraries and flight confirmations that were sent to my email will be enough? :( but then there are things I have no idea how to prove. For example, I had multiple trips to Israel and Israel doesn't stamp your passport, and he thought since there are no stamps in my passport, I have another passport & another citizenship. We spent a good 5 minutes discussing that! How on earth am I supposed to prove to him I only have one... Anybody has any ideas? I really don't know. And another thing that almost drove me to tears....I lived in another country for a few months and I made a few 3-day trips to Toronto. So he asked me why, which is fair. But saying you were going home wasn't a good explanation (he said, "it just doesn't make sense, you have no family here, it's not your home" :'( ). I didn't know what else to say after that... :( so be prepared to explain :( good luck to everyone else waiting for interviews!

sabooani

Jun 6, 2018
Hi there, can someone please update my information on the sheet?
  1. App. Delivered: January 10, 2018
  2. AOR: Feb 27, 2018
  3. In Process ecasL: Mar 29, 2018
  4. Test Invite letter/ecas date: September 13, 2018
  5. Test Interview date: October 3, 2018
  6. Decision Made date: October 4, 2018

mohammad K.

Sep 1, 2012
Hello,
Please add this new entry for January 2018 applicants. Already missed my first post.

ID: Hanihani
App type: Single
Physical Presence: 1573 days
App Sent: UPS January 8th 2018
App Recieved: January 10th 2018
AOR: February 23rd 2018
In process: April 3rd 2018.

iristoronto

Jan 12, 2018
I know.....maybe the itineraries and flight confirmations that were sent to my email will be enough? :( but then there are things I have no idea how to prove. For example, I had multiple trips to Israel and Israel doesn't stamp your passport, and he thought since there are no stamps in my passport, I have another passport & another citizenship. We spent a good 5 minutes discussing that! How on earth am I supposed to prove to him I only have one... Anybody has any ideas? I really don't know. And another thing that almost drove me to tears....I lived in another country for a few months and I made a few 3-day trips to Toronto. So he asked me why, which is fair. But saying you were going home wasn't a good explanation (he said, "it just doesn't make sense, you have no family here, it's not your home" :'( ). I didn't know what else to say after that... :( so be prepared to explain :( good luck to everyone else waiting for interviews!
Don’t let this pull you down. Just prepare well. Divide the paper work into what you have and what you don’t have. What you have can be categorized as ‘answers’ to all the questions or red flags the officer raised. And then you have the rest that you can’t prove. Some of the things I can think of are:

- get equivalent docs, receipts, tickets etc to prove your presence. So for instance get anything you can get your hands on - cinema tickets, transit receipts, paypal payments receipts, rent and lease docs, email communications etc. For boarding passes, some airlines provide flight records or receipts of things purchased on the airline. There might be a small fee attached. As for one passport, let CIC prove beyond a doubt that you have another one. They can’t because you don’t have a other one.

Remember : Legally, unless you are convicted of a crime, and fall exactly into one of those caveats etc, they can’t refuse your application.

Hang in there.

greenphart

Aug 12, 2018
hello! out of topic. anyone processing their passport? I just have a question regarding section J of the application where they ask for the previous Canadian travel document. In my case I am an immigrant, should I indicate my PR card information? but I will then surrender it during my oath. I'm confused what kind of document they want. pls help
thank you!

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Hi there, can someone please update my information on the sheet?
  1. App. Delivered: January 10, 2018
  2. AOR: Feb 27, 2018
  3. In Process ecasL: Mar 29, 2018
  4. Test Invite letter/ecas date: September 13, 2018
  5. Test Interview date: October 3, 2018
  6. Decision Made date: October 4, 2018
Hello,
Please add this new entry for January 2018 applicants. Already missed my first post.

ID: Hanihani
App type: Single
Physical Presence: 1573 days
App Sent: UPS January 8th 2018
App Recieved: January 10th 2018
AOR: February 23rd 2018
In process: April 3rd 2018.
OATH today for the 31 of october
Updated!

TTCX

Jan 10, 2018
Could you please update the sheet? Thank you