+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
Hello, just a question regarding Citizenship application under 9a re: status. somehow I've lost my work permits and can't remember the exact dates to put under the status. can somebody give an advise. thank you in advance.
all you need to fill in is when did you first got your work permit status; that will be your start date and end date will be the day you became PR. Any permit renewals in between are not required as your status as worker didn't change until you got your PR.

foxygrandpa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Hi all,
So i indicated earlier this week that I received my AOR assuming that it was for my second application that I sent early january as my october application was "lost". After accessing ECAS i found out that it was actually my October application. Funny enough I go to check mail today and had mail from IRCC; it was the january application that I apparently used the wrong form (june instead of oct). I am happy that it was returned as i was told by some here that having two applications may cause issues.

My advise to all you of is the following:
1- wait at least for 12 weeks to allow them to process your application
2- if you do not hear by the 10 or 11 week then go ahead and open a claim or investigation both with IRCC and through the courier which you used to send your application. This is simply because a lot of applications get lost just through the mishandling of the staff at IRCC and opening an investigation will prompt them to look at your application and at least try to find it.

Good luck and God bless us all :)

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Hi all,
So i indicated earlier this week that I received my AOR assuming that it was for my second application that I sent early january as my october application was "lost". After accessing ECAS i found out that it was actually my October application. Funny enough I go to check mail today and had mail from IRCC; it was the january application that I apparently used the wrong form (june instead of oct). I am happy that it was returned as i was told by some here that having two applications may cause issues.

My advise to all you of is the following:
1- wait at least for 12 weeks to allow them to process your application
2- if you do not hear by the 10 or 11 week then go ahead and open a claim or investigation both with IRCC and through the courier which you used to send your application. This is simply because a lot of applications get lost just through the mishandling of the staff at IRCC and opening an investigation will prompt them to look at your application and at least try to find it.

Good luck and God bless us all :)
Thats a good news! You don't have to be stressed for the second application now :D Goodluck with the process...

Reactions: foxygrandpa

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Hi there,
Me and my family landed in Canada as Permanent resident's in November 21st 2014 and we stayed for three year's without existing the country. So i know i'm eligible now to apply for our citizenship. We had completed our IELTS during our PR process but its almost 4 year's back. Can we still submit those IELTS results a s a proof of English proficiency ?

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
Hi there,
Me and my family landed in Canada as Permanent resident's in November 21st 2014 and we stayed for three year's without existing the country. So i know i'm eligible now to apply for our citizenship. We had completed our IELTS during our PR process but its almost 4 year's back. Can we still submit those IELTS results a s a proof of English proficiency ?
yes, IELTS results are still valid; I submitted my IELTS copy from PR days and I got my AOR couple of weeks back.

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

In my opinion....
If people would stop asking and requiring notes and similar 'investigations' , the officers/clerks would do their job faster, and not concentrate on investigating.
The process for citizenship is 12 months, so I'd say everything more than that is something that should be investigating. You're relying on details, that no one said are so accurate, because every single application is different. there is no strict rule.
I remember back in the day with the Express Entry PR people were flipping about case notes and stuff, covering the offices with extra work load. don't think they hire a different person just to issue the notes. they all do it all.

Reactions: rsidnei23 and Quink

oatmeal123

Jan 21, 2018
Hi guys, could someone add me to the spreadsheet? I was with December applicants but my application was returned. I resent it on January 23, it was delivered on January 26. Waiting for AOR... Thanks!

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
Hello, I just got AOR from my Oct 16 application. Please remove me from January tracker as hopefully that application will just be dismissed as I stated in the cover letter.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Hello, I just got AOR from my Oct 16 application. Please remove me from January tracker as hopefully that application will just be dismissed as I stated in the cover letter.
Goodluck with your Oct application! I have removed you from Jan list.

Lumina

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Hi there,

Please enter my information in the tracking sheet.

App. Type: Family
Physical Presence Days App.: over 1500 days
App. Sent: January 23, 2018
App. Delivered: January 25, 2018

Tipika1

Jan 31, 2018
Hi,
here are my information...thanks !

ID: Tipika1
App type: Family
Physical Presence: 1472 days
App Sent: January 23, 2018
App Delivered: January 29, 2018
(was returned - first sent on Nov 12 and returned on Jan 24)

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
here are my information...thanks !

ID: Tipika1
App type: Family
Physical Presence: 1472 days
App Sent: January 23, 2018
App Delivered: January 29, 2018
(was returned - first sent on Nov 12 and returned on Jan 24)
what was the reason for returning your first application?