+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

mbqureshi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Hi ,

A question regarding the language proof.

Does the below statement from the CIC website mean , I can submit by Engineering transcripts from India for proof? Or Should I submit IELTS for the proof?

You attended or are currently attending a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad.

• A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
  • If the original document is in a different language, include:
    • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with
    • an official translation of the original document and
    • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution
You can submit your transcript/degree as a proof, i did the same. But it should be in English/French otherwise provide translation and if you are providing translation then you have to give a proof that your medium of instruction was English.

mbqureshi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Question 10(a) I took couple vacation to 2 different countries during my eligibility period. The total vaction time spend outside canada is less than 180 days.
Do I have have to include all addresses I lived during my vacation ?

Question 10 (b) I have lived in only 2 countries since birth. i.e. country of my current citizenship by birth and Canada. I landed to Canada as PR 3 yrs ago. Now, that I'm eligible to apply for citizenship do I need to submit PCC for the time I lived in my home country. As it asks about 4 years preceding the date of application.
Addresses you have to give but you dont need Police Certificate.

bharu

Oct 3, 2013
You can submit your transcript/degree as a proof, i did the same. But it should be in English/French otherwise provide translation and if you are providing translation then you have to give a proof that your medium of instruction was English.
That’s good to know, thanks!!

backendcode

Apr 18, 2014
Guelph
Hello My Jan team, I would love to join you on the boat by sending my application by tomorrow. Please help me with few question. I would really appreciate that.

Question 11, on CIT0002 (application form)

We need to mention in the chart about what we have been doing in our eligibility period. I was working during that time and what I am going to fill out in the chart column says,

1. where were you physically located (Employer address or My address, please help me with that)
2. city
3. country
4. name of the contact
5. Phone number
6. email address

I assume I need to provide my employer information here but where were you physically located column confuses me and seems like they are asking my address.

Thank you team,

JP1981

Dec 2, 2008
Hi Chi2van,
It looks like my application send date in wrong on the tracker. I sent my application Dec 27th 2017 not Feb. My id is JP1981.

High park

Nov 16, 2016
Hi - please add me to the tracker:

ID: High Park
App type: Single
Physical Presence: 1212 days
App Sent: Jan 02 2018
App Received: Jan 04 2018
Signed for By: R.LARENDEAU

Chi2Van

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017

ID: High Park
Physical Presence: 1212 days
App Sent: Jan 02 2018
App Received: Jan 04 2018
Signed for By: R.LARENDEAU
Added! Good luck on speedy processing!

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
Hi ,

A question regarding the language proof.

Does the below statement from the CIC website mean , I can submit by Engineering transcripts from India for proof? Or Should I submit IELTS for the proof?

You attended or are currently attending a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad.

• A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
  • If the original document is in a different language, include:
    • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with
    • an official translation of the original document and
    • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution
Do you have IELTS results already? Or would you still need to sit the test? If you've already got a valid IELTS test result right now, you should totally submit that as it's indisputable that you have qualifying language skills. With any academic records there's always a possibility that it won't be deemed appropriate and could cause delays.

And if you don't already have IELTS but you also need to get your academic records translated and certified, you might as well just sit for an IELTS test as it'll probably end up being a similar cost.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hello My Jan team, I would love to join you on the boat by sending my application by tomorrow. Please help me with few question. I would really appreciate that.

Question 11, on CIT0002 (application form)

We need to mention in the chart about what we have been doing in our eligibility period. I was working during that time and what I am going to fill out in the chart column says,

1. where were you physically located (Employer address or My address, please help me with that)
2. city
3. country
4. name of the contact
5. Phone number
6. email address

I assume I need to provide my employer information here but where were you physically located column confuses me and seems like they are asking my address.

Thank you team,
Employer's address, name and phone number of supervisor, manager, or HR. Basically, someone who can verify your employment and whereabouts.

If you were unemployed, then provide your home address. Otherwise, home address was already asked in the question before this.

nijjar.login

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015

ID: nijjar.login
Physical Presence: 1163 days
App Sent: Jan 08 2018
Estimated App received: Jan 15 2018

jainamit00

May 8, 2013
Hello All and thank you for setting this thread up..

Here are my details:

ID: jainamit00
App type: Family ( A2, M1)
Physical Presence: 1440 days
App Sent: Courier FedEx; Sent Jan 3, 2018
App Received: Delivered Jan 8, 2018
Signed for by: C.LOCKE

Looking forward to sharing updates with you guys!