+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

mbqureshi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Hey January applicants!

A new tracking spreadsheet has been created for 2018:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UVvKb4Sem00uOCyB2kTeM2_AofgT_8b4uTJyBh9pXdg/edit?usp=sharing

If you'd like to monitor your cohort and update for everyone please let me know and I'll grant you access. If you just want to be added to the sheet, post your information in this forum.
My application for 4 family members delivered today and received by RZ. Did you hear about RZ before?

mbqureshi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Pls add my details.
Id: mbqureshi
Application Type: Family Application for 4 Members (2adults & 2minors)
Received: 8th January'2018

mbqureshi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Hello and happy new year
Kindly add me to the sheet
Name : Mustafa
application type: Family
Days: 1160
Application sent : January 2,2018
Relieved : ???????????
it should be received today, i posted on 2nd jan and it is received.

mbqureshi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Hi guys!

I'm finally eligible and finishing my package. I just have a doubt about this part:

13. Tell us if you have had immigration, permanent resident status and/or citizenship in any other country outside of Canada, including your country of birth.
  • Check either yes or no.
  • If you check yes, complete the chart in question 13.
  • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).
  • Provide the month and year (MM/YY) that you obtained each status.
  • If your status is no longer valid, provide the month and year (MM/YY) your status ended. If you still hold this status, indicate “current”.

So, I was a permanent resident in one country different from my birth country. Do I need to put:
1) My country of birth as a citizen since birth (my birthday) to present "current";
2) Other country where I have lived and where I was a permanent resident.

Thanks for your insights!
Yes, i did the same after talking CIC personnel.

meayman

Sep 19, 2012
Hi everyone,
Plz add me to the tracking list

Here are my details:
ID: AliAbbas704
App type: Family Type (4 persons0
Physical Presence: 1564days
App Sent: Mailed January 03 2018
App Recieved: ??? (unable to deliver- recipient on vacation ).

It was from purolator and was a 24 hr delivery. On calling them , they said there was a weather issue over there and everything is closed.. Just wondering if anyone experience the same issues with their application that was due on Jan 04 or Jan 05? ( as i am a little suspicious)

Looking forward to sharing updates...
Added.

Here are my details:
ID: akikan
App type: Single
Physical Presence: 1189 days
App Sent: January 7th 2018
Estimate Delivery: 11th 2018

please add me.

thank you.
Added.

Best of luck!

bharu

Oct 3, 2013
Hi ,

A question regarding the language proof.

Does the below statement from the CIC website mean , I can submit by Engineering transcripts from India for proof? Or Should I submit IELTS for the proof?

You attended or are currently attending a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad.

• A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
  • If the original document is in a different language, include:
    • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with
    • an official translation of the original document and
    • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution

rinkupatel.dmj

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15/05/2014
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application
File Transfer...
21-12-2013
Med's Request
UPFRONT - 12-04-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS UPDATED: 25-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2014 / Change of VO 11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-12-2014 @ Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls
Question 10(a) I took couple vacation to 2 different countries during my eligibility period. The total vaction time spend outside canada is less than 180 days.
Do I have have to include all addresses I lived during my vacation ?

Question 10 (b) I have lived in only 2 countries since birth. i.e. country of my current citizenship by birth and Canada. I landed to Canada as PR 3 yrs ago. Now, that I'm eligible to apply for citizenship do I need to submit PCC for the time I lived in my home country. As it asks about 4 years preceding the date of application.