+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2018 CEC APPLICANTS

zeebah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
So happy for u! We got the AOR same date... really wish i can get background check started soon enough...
Thank you! What exactly does your Background status say? What stream did you apply under?
i applied under CEC and I am an inland applicant.

zeebah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Good morning everyone! Thank you all for your likes and congratulatory messages.

I just wanted to share a quick observation with you. Hoping this helps someone.

1) Before, PR progress was from NA 2 --> IP2, then shortly after, PPR. After the mass IP2 update on Feb 27th, it's obvious this is no longer the case. however, the trend I have noticed is that people including myself got PPR a day or two after Additional Documents changed to Not Applicable. So, I would suggest to pay attention to this status if additional docs were requested.

2) When you get your PPR, your application details in your CIC account may not change. Although I have gotten my PPR, here are my details from this morning:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

3) This is for people with multiple email accounts like myself. Because there is no update to your CIC account, your PPR will not be sent to the email account linked to your CIC account but the email address you filled in your application.

I hope this helps. Wishing everyone good luck.

Last edited:

ome

Jan 2, 2018
Thank you! What exactly does your Background status say? What stream did you apply under?
i applied under CEC and I am an inland applicant.
my BG status 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.' im inland CEC AOR 31st dec 2017

Kaur12n

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Hi guys
I(primary aplicant) got passport request today for express entry. However, my husband who is secondary applicant under my file did not got any email for passport request. Also, his visa office is different than mine.
Please someone suggest me where my husband should send his passport.
Thanks

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
my BG status 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.' im inland CEC AOR 31st dec 2017
Its IP1 but That's really doesn't matter because It may change to IP2 in few days & you may get PPR on same day. It's unpredictable.

krunal2904

May 9, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi guys
I(primary aplicant) got passport request today for express entry. However, my husband who is secondary applicant under my file did not got any email for passport request. Also, his visa office is different than mine.
Thanks
What's your timeline & stream?

PPR email only will trigger to primary applicant. If you both are living in same country then you guys have to submit passport tougher otherwise you have to contact CIC to explain your situation and they will advise you.

ali9i

Jan 25, 2017
Hi guys
Thanks
Contact CPC-Ottawa email address and provide full details of yourself and spouse related to profile like IDs, App and Doc Numbers and explain spouse country of residence is different. They will issue a new letter for your dependents.

ennytoolz

Star Member
Mar 6, 2018
Category........
Good morning everyone! Thank you all for your likes and congratulatory messages.

I just wanted to share a quick observation with you. Hoping this helps someone.

1) Before, PR progress was from NA 2 --> IP2, then shortly after, PPR. After the mass IP2 update on Feb 27th, it's obvious this is no longer the case. however, the trend I have noticed is that people including myself got PPR a day or two after Additional Documents changed to Not Applicable. So, I would suggest to pay attention to this status if additional docs were requested.

2) When you get your PPR, your application details in your CIC account may not change. Although I have gotten my PPR, here are my details from this morning:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents Not applicable.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

3) This is for people with multiple email accounts like myself. Because there is no update to your CIC account, your PPR will not be sent to the email account linked to your CIC account but the email address you filled in your application.

I hope this helps. Wishing everyone good luck.
Hi! tanx for the update
quick question for u, were u asked to provide adr documents and the status changed to not applicable after uploading that? or after medical passed, it changed to not applicable and then ppr.
cos my status says we do not need adr documents and my bg says we are processing ur bg after medical passed. what do u fink the next stage is for me, just curious.
Thanks!!

ali9i

Jan 25, 2017
Hi! tanx for the update
quick question for u, were u asked to provide adr documents and the status changed to not applicable after uploading that? or after medical passed, it changed to not applicable and then ppr.
cos my status says we do not need adr documents and my bg says we are processing ur bg after medical passed. what do u fink the next stage is for me, just curious.
Thanks!!
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

Login here and check what do you see for your application.

Reactions: ennytoolz

sakssey23

Feb 1, 2017
I'm possibly thinking you might have gone or travelled to several countries. Not sure though if that counts here.. Call and find out or request for the GCMS notes..

ali9i

Jan 25, 2017
thanks, will do. I just hope it wont have any effect on my application on the long run, cos I dnt want to push my luck yet.
Its just to check the status if a decision has been made or not. It does not affect anything no matter how many times you check it.
Good Luck.

Reactions: ennytoolz