+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2018 CEC APPLICANTS

Sarantos

Star Member
Apr 14, 2017
Congrats guys on your PPR. Please what is PPR and what does it look like (pardon my dumb question) I'm confused cos I don't even know which stage I'm in and what's going on. (Sorry I'm not Jan cec, I'm just looking for where people will respons to my question)
Here's my timeline:
AOR - March 20
Medicals passed - Mar 27
Change of marital status. - April 26
Form for spouse - May 10 (spouse is outside Canada and his name was added as dependant on my application)
Request for spouse medicals - May 22
Medical passed - June 5
Ghost update - June 25
Received one letter in my account "How to find a job in Canada" -June 28 (I'll paste it below)
Request letter - June 28, free hours later.
All these while no update on my timeline in my account except for medicals till date. They're still checking eligibility,......etc
Now the request letter for June 28 is my confusion
I don't know if it for both of us or just my spouse. Here's a relevant part of it:

Dear MY NAME:

YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA(S) APPEAR(S) READY TO BE ISSUED, IF THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGE IN YOUR FAMILY CONFIGURATION. IF THERE HAVE BEEN ANY CHANGES, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE BEFORE PROCEEDING.

PASSPORT(S) As of May 1, 2018, all original documents, including passports, must be submitted via the VAC. ........ The visa(s) will be valid until the expiry of your medical results or until the expiry of your passports, whichever is earliest. ......
PHOTOGRAPHS You must also provide two passport photos for every person receiving a visa on your application. . ....... PLEASE NOTE: Failure to provide the required travel document(s) within 30 days from the date of this letter will lead us to conclude that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and your application will be refused based on the information that is available in your file. ..........
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION WILL BE REQUIRED TO ISSUE YOUR VISA:
>  MY UCI - MY NAME:
>  Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document for spouse in (my country). This must be received at this office by: 2018/07/30
Other general info.

I contacted the call center to ask if my passport was required and they said No the immigrant visa is for my spouse outside Canada and I'll hear from them later about mine. Since then I've not heard anything and this is a month now. My spouse have received his immigrant Visa and confirmation of PR in my home country.
Someone please explain to me.

Here's the letter from June 28:
Congratulations. You are now a candidate for immigration to Canada. You should think about how you will find a job in your field if you become permanent resident. Starting now will give you and your family members the best chance at finding a job that matches your skills, qualifications and work experience. You can research: • areas where workers in your field are in high demand, and • what is required for your job and similar jobs you might be interested in. In most cases, the things you need to find a job in Canada are different than for immigrating. This means you might need a new assessment of your education, skills, work experience and/or language skills to get a job in your field. Gather your documents before you come to Canada to make the process easier. For example: • degrees • school transcripts • proof of work history • employer references, etc. In Canada, some jobs are regulated to protect public health and safety. To work in a regulated job, you will need a licence or certificate from the regulatory body for your profession in the province or territory you want to live in. You may need to submit certain documents, upgrade your education, and get on-the-job experience before you get a license or certificate to practice. Without a license or certificate, you will not be able to work in a regulated job in Canada. It can take time to get a license in Canada. Consider working in a related job while getting your license. There are many other resources that can help you research how to work in your job in Canada. Check the website for the province or territory you want to live in to find out more. If you are accepted to come to Canada, you can get free services before you come that will help you: • learn about life in Canada • find a job • take steps to get your credentials recognized and • you will also learn about other free services available after you arrive in Canada. There are also free services to help you adjust to life in Canada once you arrive.
Sincerely,
Integration and Foreign Credential Referral Office
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
Judging from your email it seems you got PPR ! Passport request. If the subject line says “ready for visa” then they’re requesting your passport. Once you submit the documents you’ll get COPR in a few weeks. Once you get the COPR you can then activate your PR at a border or immigration office :)

Rubydairy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Judging from your email it seems you got PPR ! Passport request. If the subject line says “ready for visa” then they’re requesting your passport. Once you submit the documents you’ll get COPR in a few weeks. Once you get the COPR you can then activate your PR at a border or immigration office :)
Thanks for your response. It wasn't an email, it was an update on my account. And no instruction on where I will send my passport. It only have instruction for VFS for countries outside Canada