+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2018 CEC APPLICANTS

Marj.

Apr 27, 2018
Congrats for those who got the PPR.
I just called CIC and after 30 minutes waiting I was able to talk to someone. Apparently what's still in progress is the criminal check. Everything else is fine. Fingers crossed to get the PPR soon.

Reactions: newbutterfly

ome

Jan 2, 2018
Guys, i finally got my PPR by eod today... it has been exact 4 months of wait. And it is true that if you are in IP1 forever, it will be the same day to get PPR if you see IP2
yay!!!! happy for you man. congrats

sakssey23

Feb 1, 2017
Guys, i finally got my PPR by eod today... it has been exact 4 months of wait. And it is true that if you are in IP1 forever, it will be the same day to get PPR if you see IP2
Congrats Shawn....
So, I guess your info for the background was we would send you a message when we start your background check...

What message did it change to when you received the golden email please?

shawn_1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Congrats Shawn....
So, I guess your info for the background was we would send you a message when we start your background check...

What message did it change to when you received the golden email please?
it was showing "we are processing your background check" and then the golden email just landed in couple of hours by the eod of the day.

zeebah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Congratulations Shawn!!!!! Super happy for you! :)

Marj.

Apr 27, 2018
Yes 11th Jan ,last update was on 7th Feb for IP2.
Tks, it's good to know I'm not alone. AOR 15 Jan. Last update was May 25 when I called there and the only thing missing is the security check.
My main concern now is if I should apply for a BWP or wait a little more, until my application completes 6 months at least (July 15th). My WP is expires on September 1st.

Geriasmk

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Tks, it's good to know I'm not alone. AOR 15 Jan. Last update was May 25 when I called there and the only thing missing is the security check.
My main concern now is if I should apply for a BWP or wait a little more, until my application completes 6 months at least (July 15th). My WP is expires on September 1st.

Apply for the BOWP as close as possible to the expiration of your WP. Buys you more time while its processing. If you lodged in now, you could have an outcome before September in which case you would loose your implied status coverage as a decision would have been made.

Reactions: Marj.

OriginalCraker

Jan 23, 2018
Just talked to a very nice agent over the phone. .. I got a ghost update on 6th June and, wanted to inquire. He said that my file was approved last week and can expect the PPR with in 2-4 weeks time. Finally some good new after an agonizing and tiresome period. .. sigh
Just hold on guys. .. everything has an ending

ft395

Jun 30, 2015
Guys. I got PPR today at 8:30 pm EST
AOR was Jan 12
IP2 was Feb 27

On July 13 I sent a CSE about my situation. I also called 888-242-2100 and was told my file was approved on June 6.
I know some people waiting for the result have similar timelines as mine. Don't lose hope