+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 AOR Join here

kanaida

Jul 21, 2018
Earlier when? And what did they tell?
Last I called was when my RPRF request cam through July 5. And before that after my meds passed. Actually the CIC agent said that my lvo was London.

When I called after RPRF, I was told that my eligibility was passed and criminality and security were pending that shabbat said on the rprf letter as well. I thought that after RPRF it's a pretty quick process....Also how long does it take after RPRF request? When I read about RPRF on the CIC website it says that this is only requested after the application is approved..so now
.where do I stand?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Last I called was when my RPRF request cam through July 5. And before that after my meds passed. Actually the CIC agent said that my lvo was London.

When I called after RPRF, I was told that my eligibility was passed and criminality and security were pending that shabbat said on the rprf letter as well. I thought that after RPRF it's a pretty quick process....Also how long does it take after RPRF request? When I read about RPRF on the CIC website it says that this is only requested after the application is approved..so now
.where do I stand?
It will not be correct to say RPRF request you get only when file is approved. You can do two things here. Raise a CSE to your LVO for status and in parallel order gcms notes as well. Getting RPRF is a good sign but will not tell in any way how long it takes post that for PPR. People have varied timelines post RPRF request.

kanaida

Jul 21, 2018

mus919

Feb 12, 2018
I am 25th Jan AOR and London visa office; I passed eligibility a week ago and was asked to pay RPRF fee. Now LVO told me that the BGC has just started after eligibility was passed ; this is the last stage. There are two possible scenarios now; I get PPR in roughly anytime less than 5 weeks (start counting from the date you passed eligibility) or my application goes on for months because they decide to put me in security screening.

I think your situation is pretty much the same.

kanaida

Jul 21, 2018
I am 25th Jan AOR and London visa office; I passed eligibility a week ago and was asked to pay RPRF fee. Now LVO told me that the BGC has just started after eligibility was passed ; this is the last stage. There are two possible scenarios now; I get PPR in roughly anytime less than 5 weeks (start counting from the date you passed eligibility) or my application goes on for months because they decide to put me in security screening.

I think your situation is pretty much the same.
Yes. I agree. Let's just hope we don't go through SS. I have heard London visa office has a huge backlog.

mus919

Feb 12, 2018
Yes. I agree. Let's just hope we don't go through SS. I have heard London visa office has a huge backlog.
Yes, just stay positive and try to be busy with sth else. Little side note, BGC/security have nothing to do with the LVO; they are conducted in Canada by agencies like CSIS and CSBA. London VO are slow in opening the application that’s where they got the bad reputation from.

Good luck.

A.A.L

Apr 10, 2018
What does your GCMS say?
never ordered them...infact i didn't even know they existed a few weeks ago....guess have been living under a rock all this time :)......anyway thinking abt ordering them and will update the status once i get them.

jmodi

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Did the program assistant at CIO make any indication on their notes that review required on any of your police certificates?
Yes. I can see that. Here is the detail;

India Police Certificate- Provided- NRT Canada RCMP police certificate: Provided- NRT R10 Ok
Recommendation: Review Required.

What does that mean? If you can provide any relevant info and I would be very grateful to you

jmodi

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Sorry to hear that. Did you pay the RPRF fee at the start of the application? If not, then have they asked you to pay the fee? Mine is AOR 24th Jan and still shows that background check and eligibility under review. However i did get an email asking me to pay the RPRF fee last week.
Hi, I paid RPRF at the time of submitting application

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Yes. I can see that. Here is the detail;

India Police Certificate- Provided- NRT Canada RCMP police certificate: Provided- NRT R10 Ok
Recommendation: Review Required.

What does that mean? If you can provide any relevant info and I would be very grateful to you
Maybe the analysts wants the case officer to have a another look at your Indian PCC... are you based in India atm ?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
From what I've seen is most people that has some part of their application or document which has "review required" have longer wait time. There can be other reasons as well. For example, I'm a member of 2 organizations but IRCC added 2 more organizations under the organizations section of the GCMS notes and they are redacted. Only IRCC knows the real reason for the delay and all we can do is speculate.

I wouldn't expect GCMS note to cause any significant delay in my opinion as well.
Hi Mike, I do not understand when you mean, that you are member of 2 organizations.

jmodi

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Maybe the analysts wants the case officer to have a another look at your Indian PCC... are you based in India atm ?
I am from India but never lived in india more than 6 months in past 3 years. I am CEC applicant living continuesly in Canada on legal statuses with abiding all laws