+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 AOR Join here

Rohit_S

Feb 3, 2018
Hi All

I just received my GCMS notes. My AOR is Jan 16. I went to IP2 on Feb 27th and received two ADRs :
  • Feb 28th (Schedule A - which was supposedly a mistake as confirmed by an agent on email but I had already submitted the doc by then)
  • & Mar 7th (Details / job duties of govt. service)
I responded to both these requests within a week but hadn't seen any updates since then.

Now I just finished perusing through a 100+ page long report and couldn't find anything worrying. From what I could understand my current status is:
Security: Not started (around Pg 66)
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Fee: Paid

On the 2nd page under Assessments it says:
Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Info sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

Case officer notes at the end of document (last updated end of Feb) also mention passed for everything and nothing out of ordinary. It seems to me that my case is just pending security (as mentioned by an agent over phone last week) - but then this has been the status for last 4 months - have they just forgotten about my file!o_O - it seems to be lying there piling on dust. Why are they not starting security?

Is there anything else I should look for in GCMS?? FYI primary office is CPC-Ottawa and secondary: Centralised Intake Office.

Beekay86

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hi All

I just received my GCMS notes. My AOR is Jan 16. I went to IP2 on Feb 27th and received two ADRs :
  • Feb 28th (Schedule A - which was supposedly a mistake as confirmed by an agent on email but I had already submitted the doc by then)
I responded to both these requests within a week but hadn't seen any updates since then.

Now I just finished perusing through a 100+ page long report and couldn't find anything worrying. From what I could understand my current status is:

Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

Case officer notes at the end of document (last updated end of Feb) also mention passed for everything and nothing out of ordinary. It seems to me that my case is just pending security (as mentioned by an agent over phone last week) - but then this has been the status for last 4 months - have they just forgotten about my file!o_O - it seems to be lying there piling on dust. Why are they not starting security?

Is there anything else I should look for in GCMS?? FYI primary office is CPC-Ottawa and secondary: Centralised Intake Office.
That's exactly my case as well. With the exception that when I talked with the agent last week, she informed me that my file has been moved to London VO (from CPC-Ottawa) as all BG checks (security) are performed there. She couldn't whether the BG check has started or not.

manish12

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
Hi All

Security:
HIRV:
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

This is really unfair! They should have at least some level of transparency to let the applicants know the progress of their application. I will be completing 5 months soon, no clue where my app is! Ordered GCMS notes y'day..

krishk

Apr 20, 2016
Hi Guys,

My gf applied for EE under FSW-Outland from Germany on feb 05 2018.

I reside in ottawa and have a PR already

We got married in MAY and she came along with me to canada(ottawa) by end of may with visitor visa

she received her PPR today , but the email says she needs to submit her Passport in Vienna VO(closer to Germany)

However, as soon as she moved to ottawa with me, we raised CSE mentioning about our marriage and her change of address (we even submitted my PR card and marriage certificate photocopies) as soon as we came to ottawa. We received a confirmation mail saying the details have been updated as well.

Now we are not sure what to do about the passport submission, i have read many posts suggesting to write to Ottawa VO but they do not respond for a while.

any suggestions?

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

My gf applied for EE under FSW-Outland from Germany on feb 05 2018.

I reside in ottawa and have a PR already

We got married in MAY and she came along with me to canada(ottawa) by end of may with visitor visa

she received her PPR today , but the email says she needs to submit her Passport in Vienna VO(closer to Germany)

However, as soon as she moved to ottawa with me, we raised CSE mentioning about our marriage and her change of address (we even submitted my PR card and marriage certificate photocopies) as soon as we came to ottawa. We received a confirmation mail saying the details have been updated as well.

Now we are not sure what to do about the passport submission, i have read many posts suggesting to write to Ottawa VO but they do not respond for a while.

any suggestions?
Give a call to IRCC and find it out

Reactions: krishk

lauraluciavl

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Same here. Jan 14 AoR. Did you have a chance to talk to any agent lately ?
same here...January 14th....After almost 1 hour waiting I had the chance to talk with an agent and she just told me that everything should be ok, and that I just have to wait until they contact me!.......this wait is so streeeesful!! I am dying here!! :(:(:(:mad::mad: every day is just so hard than the other!

Reactions: OriginalCraker

rix_08

Feb 12, 2018
same here...January 14th....After almost 1 hour waiting I had the chance to talk with an agent and she just told me that everything should be ok, and that I just have to wait until they contact me!.......this wait is so streeeesful!! I am dying here!! :(:(:(:mad::mad: every day is just so hard than the other!
same here.. the agent was not willing to tell me if eligibility had passed. its nerve recking

Reactions: lauraluciavl

SSB_USA

May 4, 2018
My AOR: Jan 25th 2018. Still waiting for an email or a ray of hope. All the best to all.
My GCMS notes will be available in 10 days.

Whatsapp group Admin: can you please message me here so I will give you my cell #.
Please add me to the whatsapp group.

Thanks.

Reactions: manish12

Marj.

Apr 27, 2018
And same here too. AOR January 14.
Called CIC twice now. First time everything was ok and the security check was ongoing. Second time, all ok and criminal check was being done. The lady was very friendly the second time and told me I should have an answer by July 17 ( when it completed 6 months of the application).
But the waiting is hard!

dimitri.kaushik

May 28, 2018
Go through to an agent. He said the exact same thing. Your file looks okay. You have provided all the documents. We take 6 months for processing so you should get it by 29th July 2018 (AOR: 28 Jan 2018).

I know it must be the standard statement they are instructed to say, but nonetheless it was so reassuring to hear that.

And apparently you can only get through to an agent if you call via internet based apps like Skype etc. I was trying the number through my mobile and only when i scrolled through the conversations again, i came across this piece of information which got lost in the thread.. Got to speak with an agent on my 1st try.

Avg. Waiting time was only 14 mins.. which is not bad at all.