January 2018 AOR Join here

saha_pritam

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I also got "Update" twice. The first one was mid of Mar which I believe my egibility has been pass and they Updated. The second was on 17th April. 2 days later on 19th April, I wrote email to my visa office to ask why I have seen Updated in my account but there's no change in the profile or any new message, and politely ask them to share any feedback or or status of my application. Few hours later, I got PPR message from CIC account. Hope this will help.
Did you raise a CSE or did you just simply send them an email?

rock101

Dec 19, 2017
Once someone receive PR visa for landing in canada, they normally give 6 months time to enter. If someone is unable to enter in that time what happens? How to extend the time?

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Hi Guys,
So when I spoke to CIC agent, she mentioned background check is in progress and Meds n criminality is passed
Does eligibility comes before BGC or after BGC ?

strikeharsh

Apr 6, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,
So when I spoke to CIC agent, she mentioned background check is in progress and Meds n criminality is passed
My agent told me everything. Eligibility passed and bgc in progress. You should’ve asked your agent to look at assessment

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
Hi Guys,
Eligibility has several steps and it stays in progress alongside bgc. But technically eligibility starts before bgc. Can you ask the agent next time whats the status on your eligibility? I wouldn’t trust the mycic account info for Eligibility. If the agent confirms that the Eligibility is complete then the PPR is around the corner. Good luck buddy..

Iilia

Mar 31, 2018
Eligibility has several steps and it stays in progress alongside bgc. But technically eligibility starts before bgc. Can you ask the agent next time whats the status on your eligibility? I wouldn’t trust the mycic account info for Eligibility. If the agent confirms that the Eligibility is complete then the PPR is around the corner. Good luck buddy..
Thank you man for ur response,

She said, My eligibility has been passed and my background check was started 22nd of March. I should look forward with hope

harvinder1234

Star Member
Mar 25, 2016
Hi

There is one field in forum about my mother birth surname but she has now same my family surname on her passport. Which surname should I use in the given field ( my family surname or my mother's family surname name?

Thank you

LeoNS

Star Member
Nov 19, 2017
Hi

There is one field in forum about my mother birth surname but she has now same my family surname on her passport. Which surname should I use in the given field ( my family surname or my mother's family surname name?

Thank you
I think it's better to keep the same with passport. Otherwise you can call CIC get help.

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
Thank you man for ur response,

She said, My eligibility has been passed and my background check was started 22nd of March. I should look forward with hope
Yes...PPR is around the corner for you. If you talk to the agent before your PPR, ask him/her whether the Security clearance is complete...Subsequent to which you should see the PPR email...Good luck

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Thanks for your response! I did ask the agent about eligibility and she said she can't see whether eligibility has been passed or not, All she can see is Meds n Criminality is passed and BGC is in progress. So couldn't really get hold of about the eligibility part. Will request GCMS notes in couple of weeks as I have reached 90 days since AOR. Hope for the PPR email soon :)

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
Thanks for your response! I did ask the agent about eligibility and she said she can't see whether eligibility has been passed or not, All she can see is Meds n Criminality is passed and BGC is in progress. So couldn't really get hold of about the eligibility part. Will request GCMS notes in couple of weeks as I have reached 90 days since AOR. Hope for the PPR email soon :)
tbh I wouldn't order GCMS notes 90 days into application. I would recommend that you call the IRCC agent one more time before the end of this week, and ask him/her again whether Eligibility is complete. If it is confirmed that the Eligibility is complete then you almost through. Hang in there!

Reactions: Troy2245

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
tbh I wouldn't order GCMS notes 90 days into application. I would recommend that you call the IRCC agent one more time before the end of this week, and ask him/her again whether Eligibility is complete. If it is confirmed that the Eligibility is complete then you almost through. Hang in there!
Sure thing! I will give 10 days from now and call them in May first week, hopefully I will get a nice agent who can tell more details about eligibility part. So you got PPR almost 110 days from AOR, I can assume ottawa processing times has increased from 90 to 100-120 days nowadays

Fingers crossed :)